This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
    Never wanted Van Dyke anyway, he's a bum, my boy Ragnar Klavan >>>>>>> Van Dyke = FACT.

Hearing we've switched our attention over to Mats Hummels...apparently he's desperate for a reunion with his favourite manager.
    That would be a good transfer from LFC

Comment

• On a serious note this seems to be a blessing in disguise for us, we'll never learn on our own accord but it seems this time the powers that be have had some mercy on us and stopped us from embarrassing ourselves in the transfer market yet again.

Van Dijk would have had to have been a pretty ****ing amazing signing to be worth 65m....and i certainly wasn't confident in him being worth that. Even if he does turn out to be great for whoever signs him, paying 65m for a CB is something i'm just not ready to accept as of right now, and for 65m he better be the best CB in the league.

Splashing big money on CB's is not the way to go IMO....look at City they spent about 100m on Stones and Mangala ffs... it's the ones at smaller clubs that we should be going for...find the next Cahill, the next Koscielny etc, although it does seem nowadays every single player linked is minimum £35m, even if you've never heard of them before.

What would have hurt the most though would have been giving a club who charged us £20m for that complete and utter bum Lovren another big transfer fee....the pricks over charged us by £19.5m for him and we were willing to give them 50m+ for another CB....just wasn't comfortable with that at all.
      Last edited by Roy Jones Jnr; 06-07-2017, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• Personally I think Van Dijk is the real deal and will be a top player.

You just can't justify spending close to £65m on him though regardless of how mad the transfer market has gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          On a serious note this seems to be a blessing in disguise for us, we'll never learn on our own accord but it seems this time the powers that be have had some mercy on us and stopped us from embarrassing ourselves in the transfer market yet again.

Van Dijk would have had to have been a pretty ****ing amazing signing to be worth 65m....and i certainly wasn't confident in him being worth that. Even if he does turn out to be great for whoever signs him, paying 65m for a CB is something i'm just not ready to accept as of right now, and for 65m he better be the best CB in the league.

Splashing big money on CB's is not the way to go IMO....look at City they spent about 100m on Stones and Mangala ffs... it's the ones at smaller clubs that we should be going for...find the next Cahill, the next Koscielny etc, although it does seem nowadays every single player linked is minimum £35m, even if you've never heard of them before.

What would have hurt the most though would have been giving a club who charged us £20m for that complete and utter bum Lovren another big transfer fee....the pricks over charged us by £19.5m for him and we were willing to give them 50m+ for another CB....just wasn't comfortable with that at all.
          He's not worth it,he's part of the netherlands weakest generation in many decades

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
            Personally I think Van Dijk is the real deal and will be a top player.

You just can't justify spending close to £65m on him though regardless of how mad the transfer market has gone.
            Not even bonucci will cost that much and he's much better,like i said,Van Dijk is part of the netherlands weakest generations in many years

Comment

• Word in the wire is that after Bakayok transfer hit snags, Chelsea formally approached Lyon for an even better player in Corentin Tolisso.

We add a complete midfielder on that one if it goes through.

Once again, only club that will actually get better.

Comment

• well tk fk we never paid 50 mil for a player that cost 15 for southhampton from celtic ; a mean ffs celtic. and before you kunts say we got king kenny from there, who has ever sighned aworld class player from celtic besides us

Comment

• The more I read the story the more of a joke Liverpool come across as.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Once again, only club that will actually get better.
                    Again I ask how you're coming to this conclusion.

Comment

• The money being talked about in this summers transfer window is unbelievable. Seems like they might as well just buy a team in Brazil and Argentina, then just send the prospects from those teams to the EPL when they're ready.

How expensive could Santos Fc or River Plate be compare to what some teams spend on 2 or 3 players?
                      Last edited by JJRod; 06-08-2017, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X