Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Joe Cole has to start for England.

Chelsea can afford not to play him because we have Malouda; one of the form players in the world - England can't.

What a joke it would be if Walcott gets picket ahead of Joe Cole in an England team when both are fit. I think Joe Cole behind Rooney will work as a starting formation especially when both could pick out the runs of Lampard, Gerrard and Lennon. England need to be really positive.

I like Crouch and he should be used in certain games - he's a goal threat with an underrated touch who can cause problems. But Heskey, Walcott?........these players aren't good enough to play for England, they basically lack actual footballing ability.

Comment

• Adam Johnson has to go to the World Cup. He's a natural left footed winger we don't even have a natural left winger. He can play right wing too and he's been on fire for Man City. Walcott, SWP and Lennon are all too similar, speedy little players who lack any technical brilliance and most importantly a final ball. IMO you should take 2 out of those 3. SWP played great against Japan and Lennon is the most consistent of all. Walcott is good as a super sub but can't start, much like SWP. I would leave out Walcott because he is not consistent enough and he doesn't start for his own team half the time let alone England, also he is YOUNG which means he has many World Cups ahead of him whereas others might not get the chance again.

Joe Cole impressed me, he is not a 90 min player imo but he can change games if he is subbed on in the second half when things aren't going to well.

My 7 to leave out are:

Baines
      Warnock
      Parker
      Heskey
      Upson
      Carrick
      Walcott

Walcott/Carrick are debatable. I picked Shaun Wright Phillips because he has impressed me more than Walcott and generally plays better for England than Walcott despite not playing very well for Man City. I've left Carrick out because he has had a bad season and generally doesn't play well for England either. Huddlestone plays a more defensive role than Carrick and thats what we need more than another more attack minded central midfielder. He had a good game against Japan. Also i might add Heskey/Bent are a debatable swap. Bent for all his goals this season still can't play a good game for England, having said that i think that was down to the service he was getting from Lennon and Walcott. Heskey missed a sitter against Japan but plays well with Rooney, though i think Crouch can fill the big man role.
      Last edited by Joe2608; 06-01-2010, 07:22 AM.

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS:

Theo Walcott is out of the squad according to BBC and Sky.
        Official announcement of the squad at 3pm.

BBC is also saying Baines, Bent, A. Johnson are out. Warnock apparently is IN the squad as are Joe Cole and SWP.

Also a big rumour than King is out and Dawson is in. I guess we'll see at 3 o clock.

Comment

• Leaving out Adam Johnson is the stupidest move Capello could make. Also leaving Warnock in is kind of confusing.

Comment

• HAHAHAHAH Stupid ass Capello,
            Leaving out Bent and putting in Heskey, What a ******

Comment

• Originally posted by .PrettyBoy32. View Post
              HAHAHAHAH Stupid ass Capello,
              Leaving out Bent and putting in Heskey, What a ******
              Idiot, since when have you been American

Comment

• u should change this thread name to soccer, this is an american forum respect it u dum brits.

Comment

• Also in the news today, Arshavin slamming Arsenal again! Why he is doing this i don't know?? Maybe he wants a transfer. If that's true then he is welcome at Old Trafford, Arshavin is a great player, he is the player i would take from Arsenal if we could have one player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
                    Also in the news today, Arshavin slamming Arsenal again! Why he is doing this i don't know?? Maybe he wants a transfer. If that's true then he is welcome at Old Trafford, Arshavin is a great player, he is the player i would take from Arsenal if we could have one player.
                    Like we would sell him to United.

You ****s really do like deluding yourselves dont you, i heard you and your cronies talking about getting Ronnie back, like you could afford him, like Real would let him go

You must be insecure as fuk because you never stop talking about Arsenal's current affairs.

Comment

• Haha i don't even understand what you just said it's just complete bollocks.

Comment

Working...
                      X