This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WAR ENGLAND View Post
    I think Gerrard is the man that has to go out.. he certainly doesn't fit the keep the ball more England that Capello has tried to introduce. Maybe put him out on the wing? but im fed up with England putting the best players in the team, rather then the best players for the position..

Gerrard should only be in the middle of a 4-5-1 or on the right in a 4-4-2 imo

Brown, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole
    Gerrard,Lampard, Barry, Cole
    Rooney + someone

or

Brown, Ferdinand, Terry, Cole
    Lennon, Lampard, Barry, Cole
    Gerrard
    Rooney

I would favor 4-5-1 as i don't believe we got a international quality striker to support Rooney atm, but as you said before Capello doesn't seem to like that formation.
    Capello was full of **** the entire time, he has basically kept the same team that Sven and Steve had and hasn't axed no big names that haven't performed yes he has put in certain rules which any manager could have done but he hasn't fulfilled his promises.

Comment

• Originally posted by venom1 View Post
      Capello was full of **** the entire time, he has basically kept the same team that Sven and Steve had and hasn't axed no big names that haven't performed yes he has put in certain rules which any manager could have done but he hasn't fulfilled his promises.

Sounds to me like your not giving Capello the credit he has earned!

What do you expect him to do, drop most of the players who failed to get England to the Euro's? If Capello was to strategically pick, only! the inform players, England would dilute the overall quality of the squad.

Capello is not stupid, he knows that irrespective of form, Rio is a much better player than Dawson, as Terry is over Jagielka, i mean how far do you wanna take this form stuff, if we dropped the players with recent poor injury record, or lack of form, we would struggle to get out the group stages, bottom line is, you still have to be mindful of the quality the player has despite slight concerns over form/injuries, hell Spain are taking both! Torres & Cesc who are currently injured if im not mistaken.

Capello is a much, much, better manager than Sven & McClown so cut him some slack, this is the kind thing i fear, Capello has had a great reign so far and has rarely been criticized because things have been going right for England, but what happens when things start to go bad, i tell ya what will happen, people like yourself (no offense)and the press with start thinking they know better than him and forget he is one the best managers in world football, and that will most prolly lead to him being pushed him out the door. If England dont win anything with Capello, it wont be his fault imo, it will be (more)because England are not good enough, i for one hope people dont get on this mans back as he is a top top managers as far as im concerned, matter of fact id love him at Arsenal, he is a pro active manager that can change games with his tactics and subs, he also not afraid to make ruthless decision, when needed!, and demands respect of the players.

Comment

• Oh i agree especially on the Rio/Terry vs Jagielka or say Lescott

My only little issue is one i have had for a while with England is how badly Gerrard and Lampard play together... but they allways seem to get picked. I hope we never see that partnership again in the center..

Comment

• Originally posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
          Sounds to me like your not giving Capello the credit he has earned!

What do you expect him to do, drop most of the players who failed to get England to the Euro's? If Capello was to strategically pick, only! the inform players, England would dilute the overall quality of the squad.

Capello is not stupid, he knows that irrespective of form, Rio is a much better player than Dawson, as Terry is over Jagielka, i mean how far do you wanna take this form stuff, if we dropped the players with recent poor injury record, or lack of form, we would struggle to get out the group stages, bottom line is, you still have to be mindful of the quality the player has despite slight concerns over form/injuries, hell Spain are taking both! Torres & Cesc who are currently injured if im not mistaken.

Capello is a much, much, better manager than Sven & McClown so cut him some slack, this is the kind thing i fear, Capello has had a great reign so far and has rarely been criticized because things have been going right for England, but what happens when things start to go bad, i tell ya what will happen, people like yourself (no offense)and the press with start thinking they know better than him and forget he is one the best managers in world football, and that will most prolly lead to him being pushed him out the door. If England dont win anything with Capello, it wont be his fault imo, it will be (more)because England are not good enough, i for one hope people dont get on this mans back as he is a top top managers as far as im concerned, matter of fact id love him at Arsenal, he is a pro active manager that can change games with his tactics and subs, he also not afraid to make ruthless decision, when needed!, and demands respect of the players.
          ur taking me the wrong way man, i love Capello's work for us man i just think there are a few sour apples he has taken along who haven't earned a place that's all.

Comment

• Originally posted by venom1 View Post
            ur taking me the wrong way man, i love Capello's work for us man i just think there are a few sour apples he has taken along who haven't earned a place that's all.
            To me there are always 1/2 players in every team, club or country, that the fans never get why they are in the side, but they always seem to command a place, now my take on that is that those type of players usually do a lot of work that goes unappreciated by the fans, but not by the manager, i would also argue that its players like this that make a team, a team!, instead of a group of talent individuals(Real Madrid)

Take Gilberto of Arsenal, although a good player, he used to get stick from Arsenal fans for playing the ball sideways and backwards, his passing was erratic whenever he had to pass it foward, he used to get alternated with Edu as Wenger seemed not to be sure which was the better player of the two, Gilberto just happened to be a little more consistent, albeit Edu was a better footballer at his best.

This might not be the case with England but im willing to give him (Capello)the benefit of the doubt. I dont particularly like Heskey, but i do see what he brings to the TEAM!, particularly against teams that defend deep, albeit his finishing is atrocious, and im not sure i myself would take him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicharito View Post
              What do you mean?

I know those guys are gone after the world cup. Marquez and Salcido already said its their last w.c for age. Osorio still seems to want to stick around.
              Marquez, Salcido, Osorio, amongst others were strongly in favor of keeping LaVolpe after the '06 WC and were against Blanco ever coming back. Blanco is a favorite of Aguirre and would prefer having his own personal favorites. Guys like Zinha were strong supporters of LaVolpe and that's why he hasn't been back. So were Pardo and Sanchez. If Pardo still belonged to a European club, he'd be in. Being a supporter of LaVolpe rubs Aguirre the wrong way as well as many officials within Mexico's federation.

Jona will never play for Mexico again unless he's getting Nery money.

Comment

• Andy Carroll is 100x the player Heskey is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flab View Post
                  Andy Carroll is 100x the player Heskey is.
                  Heskey is not supposed to be individually spectacular. His entire role in the squad is to support Rooney.

Heskey is a better support player than Carrol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stone Roses View Post
                    Heskey is not supposed to be individually spectacular. His entire role in the squad is to support Rooney.

Heskey is a better support player than Carrol.
                    When has he supported Rooney? All his goals come from the wing. All Heskey does is miss open goals.

Comment

• http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Emile_Heskey

Comment

Working...
                      X