Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup, it's first or nothing. Other 3 places mean CL...that's it. Wouldn't feel any happier if we finished 2nd than 4th tbh. Still means the same thing....**** season but meh at least we're in CL next year.

Random shout....but I can see Everton battling relegation next season. Lukaku will be off, Koeman will get bored and they'll struggle IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by JrRod View Post
      I won't dispute that Liverpool had tougher opposition last year than United did, but that's not the argument. The discussion is if you make the cup winners the entries to the cl then that would make the cups that much more interesting, and more teams would take them seriously. A club like Liverpool should be competing for every cup as they're a big Club.
      Most big clubs can't be arsed going through the whole of that tournament travelling to god knows where having to play against sides they've never heard of before just to get into the CL....especially when they can just get into by finishing in the top 4/top3 other leagues.

Utd were sad enough to do it but most others wouldn't be. In fact Utd were so sad they even prioritised it over actually getting in the respectable way when they were still in with a chance of making top 4! Thinking back on that it's actually quite embarrassing

Comment

• I would love it (keegan voice) if Ajax beat them in the final. What a hilariously epic failure that would be by Mourinho. Would be funny as ****. Won't happen tho as Ajax are **** but you get my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Most big clubs can't be arsed going through the whole of that tournament travelling to god knows where having to play against sides they've never heard of before just to get into the CL....especially when they can just get into by finishing in the top 4/top3 other leagues.

Utd were sad enough to do it but most others wouldn't be. In fact Utd were so sad they even prioritised it over actually getting in the respectable way when they were still in with a chance of making top 4! Thinking back on that it's actually quite embarrassing
          So instead of playing to win a cup youd rather your team play to get 4th place?

Comment

So instead of playing to win a cup youd rather your team play to get 4th place?
            "Cup" is a bit of a stretch...tinpot would be more suitable. Joke competition tbh...CL or nothing when it comes to European footy for big clubs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              "Cup" is a bit of a stretch...tinpot would be more suitable. Joke competition tbh...CL or nothing when it comes to European footy for big clubs.
              Fair enough to its your opinion.
              Mine is I would be more intrigued if I was watching Arsenal and Liverpool playing for the FA cup and a place at the CL, than watching them battle for 4th place against Middlebrough and Everton respectively.

Comment

Mine is I would be more intrigued if I was watching Arsenal and Liverpool playing for the FA cup and a place at the CL, than watching them battle for 4th place against Middlebrough and Everton respectively.
                4th place is **** aswell, not saying that's a great achievement. But I reckon it's tougher to get top 4 in the Prem than winning the Europa against footballing powerhouses such as Rostov, Anderlecht and Celta Vigo.

Comment

Some cups it would make sense like the FA cup, Coppa Italia, Copa del rey, DFB-Pokal etc but you shouldn't get in champions league for winning the carling cup in February anymore than getting in CL for winning the international champions cup in July

Also for the limeys winning the treble is winning the league, the cup and champions League
                  It's not winning FA cup , the league and carling cup or community shield or whatever fake trophies you give to make your bum clubs feel special. this is why you lot will always suck at football
                  Last edited by Phenom; 05-22-2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    Some cups it would make sense like the FA cup, Coppa Italia, Copa del rey, DFB-Pokal etc but you shouldn't get in champions league for winning the carling cup in February anymore than getting in CL for winning the international champions cup in July

Also for the limeys winning the treble is winning the league, the cup and champions League
                    It's not winning FA cup , the league and carling cup or community shield or whatever fake trophies you give to make your bum clubs feel special. this is why you lot will always suck at football
                    I agree not all cups, just the major ones.

Comment

• The cups don't mean as much anymore.

Gone are the days of the cups that mean't a lot such as The Watney Cup.

Comment

Working...
                      X