Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think clyne is better than walker. Poch even thinks Trippier is better than walker. (he's not)

I still vividly remember when Hazard and Mata DP'd Walker and tore spurs an entire new one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      Yeah I was being facetious. Pogba's value was assumed plausible if he became the best midfielder in the world. I can't see that happening though he is a class footballer but for me he has to be hitting Lampard figures from midfield to justify that tag or doing everything Kante does and somehow chipping in with goals.

I know Kroos doesn't score goals either but when you watch how that guy moves the ball through midfield I also think shouldn't Pogba be able to do that too?
      Pogba probably just wasn't what people thought he was.
      I thought he was world class, yes but not 100m world class.

Like you said, for that price a player should be adding goals as well. Not just prancing around like a bigger Ozil with less assists.

I said from the time his transfer was released, he was probably worth no more than gundogan... and he has proved that to be very accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        I still think clyne is better than walker. Poch even thinks Trippier is better than walker. (he's not)

I still vividly remember when Hazard and Mata DP'd Walker and tore spurs an entire new one.
        I'm with Roy on this one.

Watch Clyne in possession. He's a very nervous character. Very nervous.

A bit before your time I'd say but he reminds me of Frank Sinclair.

Comment

• Is it international break or was there football this weekend?
          Here are some interesting numbers for PL top 5

Chelsea scored 72 goals
          Tottenham scored 71 goals
          Liverpool scored 71 goals
          Manchester city scored 70 goals
          Manchester United scored 50 goals

Comment

• 25 games unbeaten. Bit sh.it but still.

Comment

• I just don't see how United win the league next season. Im blind to it.

Comment

• My arse has fully recovered. Surviving the league on goal difference.

2 owners, showing the world how not to run a football club in Forest and Blackburn. A shame to see Blackburn go down to the 3rd tier of English football considering they won the Prem about 20 years ago. Also glad it was them instead of us.

Hoping the new takeover at Forest happens sooner rather than later. We're a laughing stock.

Comment

• Where's that lad who was telling me about Pogba being a hybrid of prime Yaya and Iniesta at the start of the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    Instantly.

Pogba has the ability to play anywhere, but he is built for the Premier League. He will settle in instantly and the mix of technical ability, vision and physical dominance will stand out; imagine the power of Yaya Toure with the ability of Iniesta...that's Pogba.

Preferably he'll play on the left side of the midfield with freedom to roam (when attacking), but Mourinho has adopted a 4-2-3-1 since Inter with speed on the wings, so that doesn't fit.

Mkhitaryan will be his attacking mid and Zlatan will be the striker 100%, the rest is guess work. I think Mourinho will be the manager to phase out Rooney, and sell Mata once again
                    Here he is.

Pogba's vs Yaya's first prem seasons?

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                      Here he is.

Pogba's vs Yaya's first prem seasons?
                      Pogba is clearly a better footballer than Yaya Toure. Not as powerful, but that's about it.

Pogba leads all midfielders in chances created and completed passes, for a typically defensive and boring Mourinho team. He impacts the game in more ways.

Toure's first season in the league (28 years old) ended with 7 goals, 40 chances created in 32 games. Pogba (23 years old) has 4 goals, 55 chances created in 29 games and also a better defensive rating. Even looking past the stats, he just does more.

Comment

Working...
                      X