This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ake is better than Zouma imo.

Cahill does a great job on the wrong side though but Ake is natural. Cahill has to turn inside in possession but he does well not to get caught like he does playing in the middle.

But yeah, Chelsea are definitely in danger of having no English players in the starting XI though I count Moses. But tbh, English players aren't good enough. Spurs have the only good ones. Kane and Danny Rose would play for Chelsea week in week out but they're at a very good, strong team already.

I can't think of an English player who we could buy that would be that useful apart from Mikael Antonio at West Ham who we'd use as a utility man. We could probably get another English centre half too but then its questionable whether they'd ever start and I like a few of them. Andreas Christiansen is probably the best centre half of his age and he's coming back. Maybe Luke Shaw from United?

I don't like the thought of having no English players in the starting line-up but Chelsea are a top side. And in reality England's best player is Adam Lallana, ffs. The Spurs boys are mainly hopeless for England.

England treat Sturridge as if he's something to be treasured. That's how far they've fallen. I am not sure the best team that Sturridge could start for is?.......Stoke City maybe.

With the title grind even Chalobah and RLC aren't trusted. It's sobering really but Chelsea are a team that likes to win. Ross Barkley would cost £60 million - I am not convinced he is a bigger talent than RLC. They look the same player and Chelsea can't trust RLC. RLC will tear it up at West Ham or something.

Chelsea basically came 10th last year persisting with Cahill and Terry at the back. There is no room for sentiment.
    Last edited by Sparked_26; 04-22-2017, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Ake really proved he can play. Of all the teams to make a case for yourself as a starter, you can't really get a better opponent than Tottenham. Ake may have began to edge out one of the back 3 not named Luiz. His showing though, I can't imagine how much better it'll get once Christensen returns.

Also Batshuayi. Didn't score and didn't put on a Firmino type performance but he certainly can play in the Prem. Did more work in half an hour than Costa has done in the last 8-10 games. Really put Costa no notice, he can't get away with jogging, diving, and bullshyting anymore. Batshuayi can hold his own with Alderweireld, he can hold his own against the rest of the Prem. Must see more starts if Costa is gonna keep up his charade of jogging the pitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        I can't think of an English player who we could buy that would be that useful apart from Mikael Antonio at West Ham who we'd use as a utility man. We could probably get another English centre half too but then its questionable whether they'd ever start and I like a few of them. Andreas Christiansen is probably the best centre half of his age and he's coming back. Maybe Luke Shaw from United?
        Maybe Butland if Courtois keeps up his desire to play for Real Madrid.

You think Shaw could keep out Alonso though?

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Maybe Butland if Courtois keeps up his desire to play for Real Madrid.

You think Shaw could keep out Alonso though?
          I don't really but I think he would play a lot of games over the course of a season.

I liked Batshuayi today but unfortunately Chelsea were quite poor when he was on the pitch. He held the ball up nicely but he was dealing with lumped up balls to him.

Costa doesn't deserve to play currently. And again, his heading ability is remarkable. I don't understand how he can head a ball so poorly. I genuinely hand-on-heart reckon most of us in this forum would have scored his chance today. I don't even understand how he put it wide. He has a head like 50 pence piece that lad. I hope he gets back on form but I don't want us to allow him to play games to get there - he'll need to do something off the bench for me. He looks absolutely awful currently. We will struggle to win games if he plays imo.

Comment

• Yes Ake is better than Zouma right now. Zouma makes a good center back where he is strong, fairly tall where he can head the ball and fast but his movement is awkward imo and he need to improve when he has the ball. He can make the grade playing for a middle to lower table clubs. A loan should be good.

Batshuayi had a good first half but was kinda anonymous during the second. He could perhaps make something out of the Loris handball outside the box if he was really sharp but thats asking too much. Loan move should do him good as well.

As far as English players go, maybe we can sign Antonio and play him as our main striker after we get rid of Costa to china. I kinda fancy Andy Carroll as well but thats if he can remain injury free.

West Ham started with no English player against Everton while Bournemouth had more than half.

Comment

• Arsenal have actually turned up for once instead of just rolling over sweetly.

Yaya is a monster of a player even now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Arsenal have actually turned up for once instead of just rolling over sweetly.

Yaya is a monster of a player even now.
                Yaya looked absolute awful when City played Chelsea a few weeks back. He looks good against Arsenal today but Arsenal are a weak team physically.

Comment

• Liverpool getting slapped around at Anfield

If Arsenal win their games in hand they will be level with Liverpool points
                  Last edited by Phenom; 04-23-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• We're in the FA Cup final and Liverpool have let us back in the top 4 race.

Not a bad day tbh.

Comment

• Amateur hour over at Anfield , **** undercard tbh

now it's time for the main event

Comment

Working...
                      X