Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ozil is the perfect representative of a luxury player. A player with immense talent but literally can't do **** else besides play to those strengths. It's never been apart of his game, even at Bremen, he did nothing besides pick up the ball and pass it. No challenges, no help on defense, nothing. Luxury player in ever sense of the word.

Arsenal though, they are as soft as they come. It didn't happen over night either. They are a result of systematically removing every player with a modicum of tenacity and strength in favor of lightweight fairies the likes of Ozil, Cazorla, and the like.

Arsenal will become a thing of the past at this rate. A combination of bad team managing and over-restraint financially. The result is what we see now... a flump.

Comment

• Madrid didn't miss Ozil, but i'm sure as hell he misses Madrid.

Comment

• You mad blud?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Get your excuses in early lad, they've averaged 3-4 goals against sardine fishermen yet City fans are not confident of beating a bummy French League team despite outspending them by about 2 billion pounds
          They score a whole lot more than the PSG side who twatted Barca 3 days ago. Won their group with ease as well.

If recognising the strengths of another team is making excuses then fair ****s to ya.

I'd say that given their attacking record against our defensive one it'd be pretty normal to have concerns, I'm not deluded enough to think our back 4 are gonna become magically brilliant in the next 4 days.

Comment

• You just have to laugh at some of the wankers on here..

That used to say Wenger>Fergie

Fergie went out on top

Wenger hasn't won anything relevant in years

Fergie retained the league multiple times

Wenger never retained the title the season after winning it... even the so called "invincible" team pretty sure an English side knocked them out of the CL that year

Lets not get started on Wengers record in Europe

Comment

• If City go out to Monaco they've let themselves down let's be honest but yeah it is football and Monaco have the quality to beat City.

But City are not new to the party. Chelsea would beat Monaco tbh they'd have to. I don't think we have better players than Citeh's. Chelsea would be absolutely coated if we lost to Monaco. Absolutely.

It is weird that Chelsea are held to a higher standard than City via the media and actually the game in general and that Chelsea fans themselves accept that and that culture of winning has actually been perpetuated from that sniping that says we should win all our games because we spend X on player Z (who might be crap anyway).

And we actually finished 10th last year. 10th! I accept that the media in general in Liverpool-centric but still. City even from a neutrals perspective need to compete properly for that competition otherwise what is growth for that team really? They're just a team that wins the league now and again.

City got to the semi-finals last year didn't they? That's good.

If they go out now they would literally have gone backwards in that competition. They employed all the suits from Barcelona and brought in Pep to kick on.

For me City are where Chelsea were about 5 years ago where we basically had to win a European cup we'd won the league 3 times, we got to three semi finals, and lost a final before we reached the final in Munich except City haven't been even that good in the competition. The league was then definitely less important than the European Cup.

Even now, to me, the league means less than the European Cup. The European cup is it! Of course it is.

That's why if Chelsea win the league despite Conte this will mean the least of all our league title wins. They weren't even in any European competition ffs. They should win the league. They've basically benefitted from humiliating themselves and the club last season.

City need to act like a big club to be fair. They're getting boring.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                They score a whole lot more than the PSG side who twatted Barca 3 days ago. Won their group with ease as well.

If recognising the strengths of another team is making excuses then fair ****s to ya.

I'd say that given their attacking record against our defensive one it'd be pretty normal to have concerns, I'm not deluded enough to think our back 4 are gonna become magically brilliant in the next 4 days.
                So what? We twatted Barcelona a few months ago way worse with our reserve side ffs. Oh and ''won their group with ease''!! They had the 3 worst sides in the whole CL to compete with! These excuses are getting worse lad...just admit you recognise City have been a joke in the CL and you expect that to continue, it'd be way more respectful.

Monaco are well and truly a bum club. Anything less than a 7 nil aggregate win over them for City should be seen as a loss IMO and would equally be as disgraceful as Arsenal have been for the Prem in the CL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  If City go out to Monaco they've let themselves down let's be honest but yeah it is football and Monaco have the quality to beat City.

But City are not new to the party. Chelsea would beat Monaco tbh they'd have to. I don't think we have better players than Citeh's. Chelsea would be absolutely coated if we lost to Monaco. Absolutely.

It is weird that Chelsea are held to a higher standard than City via the media and actually the game in general and that Chelsea fans themselves accept that and that culture of winning has actually been perpetuated from that sniping that says we should win all our games because we spend X on player Z (who might be crap anyway).

And we actually finished 10th last year. 10th! I accept that the media in general in Liverpool-centric but still. City even from a neutrals perspective need to compete properly for that competition otherwise what is growth for that team really? They're just a team that wins the league now and again.

City got to the semi-finals last year didn't they? That's good.

If they go out now they would literally have gone backwards in that competition. They employed all the suits from Barcelona and brought in Pep to kick on.

For me City are where Chelsea were about 5 years ago where we basically had to win a European cup we'd won the league 3 times, we got to three semi finals, and lost a final before we reached the final in Munich except City haven't been even that good in the competition. The league was then definitely less important than the European Cup.

Even now, to me, the league means less than the European Cup. The European cup is it! Of course it is.

That's why if Chelsea win the league despite Conte this will mean the least of all our league title wins. They weren't even in any European competition ffs. They should win the league. They've basically benefitted from humiliating themselves and the club last season.

City need to act like a big club to be fair. They're getting boring.
                  At least when Chelsea pumped billions into the club to buy success they actually went out and were successful. Citeh have spent maybe more than Chelsea did and have a paltry 2 league titles to their name, both of which they had to go life and death for and **** all else.

And agree, the CL is where it's at. That's why it's ridiculous when i see people having a go at Gerrard for not winning a league title, he guided his hometown club to winning the Champions League in the most dramatic way ever ffs....not even 10 league titles would have topped that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    At least when Chelsea pumped billions into the club to buy success they actually went out and were successful. Citeh have spent maybe more than Chelsea did and have a paltry 2 league titles to their name, both of which they had to go life and death for and **** all else.

And agree, the CL is where it's at. That's why it's ridiculous when i see people having a go at Gerrard for not winning a league title, he guided his hometown club to winning the Champions League in the most dramatic way ever ffs....not even 10 league titles would have topped that.
                    Exactly! It is THE competition.

What is the point in making excuses for your teams when they are in it, ffs.

Arsenal and Spurs were embarrassing. Leicester are just along for a ride. And City themselves seem to a hide behind an excuse of being new. They're not new. Leicester are new. And Leicester are s.hit. City should be in the last 4 as a standard. They should be a dangerous team to face. They should win a European Cup.

I'd expect Chelsea to compete for that trophy next year. And I'd know that Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, and PSG (beaten us a few times now) could beat us but Chelsea should be able to beat them too. No excuses and even to lose to them team would be disappointing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                      Exactly! It is THE competition.

What is the point in making excuses for your teams when they are in it, ffs.

Arsenal and Spurs were embarrassing. Leicester are just along for a ride. And City themselves seem to a hide behind an excuse of being new. They're not new. Leicester are new. And Leicester are s.hit. City should be in the last 4 as a standard. They should be a dangerous team to face. They should win a European Cup.

I'd expect Chelsea to compete for that trophy next year. And I'd know that Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern, and PSG (beaten us a few times now) could beat us but Chelsea should be able to beat them too. No excuses and even to lose to them team would be disappointing.
                      Liverpool - Chelsea 2018 - CL Final.

Jot.

It.

Down.

Comment

Working...
                      X