This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
    New stadium for Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea really do have the best owner in the game. Not only are we not moving from our spiritual home of 112 years but he is going to build a ground in the exact same spot and the fans still own the pitch. And for all the money he has spent he has never owned the ground which is basically the most valuable asset I guess in football - must be worth multiple billions.

Greatest owner ever. Doesn't say shit and has deep pockets.

That said it must be nice to build your own football stadium. Proper legacy. I'd have a massive portrait of myself visible above the away fans.
    what's the point, you don't fill the one you have ffs

Comment

• Costa and Conte have had a row apparently. Cracks starting to appear?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
        what's the point, you don't fill the one you have ffs
        I think you'd have to go back to about 1995 for a time when Chelsea didn't sell out a home league game.

Also if this thing with Costa is true he can leave. No one player at Chelsea is really worth a damn. They proved that last season. They mean very little to most Chelsea fans.

Great player Costa but not really anything but a temp. But for 500k a week? Grotesque.

China is a threat.

Comment

• Costa and Payet are proper little ****s tbh, wouldn't have either at my club.

Comment

• No real surprise about Costa.

He doesn't care about Chelsea, he turned his back on his own country ffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
              No real surprise about Costa.

Exactly.

He's not one to get upset about imo.

Comment

• Costa is a slightly above average striker nothing special.. Chelsea will probably con 100m out of some dumb chinese club or PSG and get some real quality..

Or try and buy lukaku back LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
                  No real surprise about Costa.

He's always hated Chelsea.

Those of us with sources inside the game have known this since day one.

He's been desperate to go back to Atletico but they didn't want him back for what he would cost.

Comment

• I wouldn't be so smug if I was a supporter of other clubs. Brazilians and South Americans essentially only leave home for the money. Makes sense that they would leave Europe for even more money.

Europeans are more entrenched in the traditions of the European game, the prestige of European football, and the culture of the leagues they play in. All players are temps unless they come through the system or are homegrown or are foreign but have been at the club for years but also have a real voice but South Americans are proper temps.

Costa doesn't speak English. Aguero has been here 6 years and doesn't speak a word of it. Are they really planning a life here? Are they f.uck. Do they have a voice at their respective clubs? They literally don't. I know all the players speak different languages but the press and media don't. If you don't front up the press you really are putting yourself in the 'bubble'.

That said Chelsea are one of the few clubs in the world with the will and inclination to let a player 'rot' and not renege on a contract. Depends if Roman can be bothered. But really if Oscar cost £60 million then Costa has be £150 million at least. That would be a nice down payment on the new stadium.

In real terms - real dyed in the wool club men are rare. Chelsea have Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, and Chalobah could graduate into one. That's it. But I would argue that is more than most top teams in the country. You could also argue those are four of our weakest players.
                    Last edited by Sparked_26; 01-14-2017, 04:40 AM.

Comment

• The late Graham Taylor, whilst manager of an under-performing Watford, brought his team in one day after training to watch a video of a recent Munster Senior Hurling Championship match.

Each player was given a pen and paper and told to write down one word after watching the game that best described what they had just seen.

The player's sheets were collected with superlatives such as 'Courage', 'Skill' and 'Passion' being used time and again.

Taylor turns to a blackboard behind him, picks up the chalk, writes down in big letters 'UNPAID' and walks out of the room.
                      RIP Graham Taylor.

Let's be honest most top-flight footballers you wouldn't even chat to if you were stuck in a lift with them. Different planet. Essentially all are ****s.

Comment

Working...
                      X