Clear All

• No way Spurs are going to keep hold of Alli long term

Comment

• What a shock Chelsea play someone good and get smashed

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
        What a shock Chelsea play someone good and get smashed
        They didn't get smashed.

Did our keeper even make a save yesterday? Theirs barely did either but it was two good defensive sides yesterday and two moments of magic from Eriksen.

Also we beat what is essentially 3/4 of the league in consecutive games. Unbelievable run really. Impossible to really belittle unless your trolling.

We'll see how Man United, Arsenal get on. If they beat us out of sight I'd recognise the need for a change of system in some games. But I wouldn't be surprised if we beat both. Especially United. We always beat United. And Arsenal actually.

Liverpool are more of a bogey side.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Conte's history... Doesn't really have a plan B.

Sort of always the case when playing against Spurs to be fair. When they beat us, they out-athlete us. When we beat them, we out-skill them.

Spurs is a squad of pure athletes with average skill, they out hustled us really and the 2-0 scoreline was the result.

We looked lethargic. I wonder if it will be the same thing against another high-press team in Liverpool on the rematch.
          Oh no, this post isn't sour grapes at all

That was a good tactical game. Very italian like. i enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post

I watched that and thought it was your standard tight game between two good in-form sides. I would probably argue that Pedro and Hazard had very weak games but Spurs had a lot to do with that, especially Pedro - he was really targeted. Besides Hazard is not a big game player and he will never really deliver consistently in a pressure game situation. Great player but incredibly soft. I find him tough to care about really. That guy would not have survived playing in the first Mourinho team which was warrior-like. If Chelsea ever made a champions' league final and Hazard was there picking him would be a genuine waste of a shirt. He could play that game a million times and not do anything. That's why he is nowhere near the top 5 in the world. That is why really he is nowhere near even Gareth Bale.

Really if you look at the back 4 and the keeper and then Wanyama and Dembele in midfield as a defensive unit spurs have the best, strongest players.

Where the other clubs bridge that gap and overtake them is the cherry on the top sort of players that win you cheap points. Spurs will always draw more games than they should and rely a lot on Kane. Even Eriksen's performance yesterday was above and beyond his usual output. He's an Oscar level player who had a great game with two moments of quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              I watched that and thought it was your standard tight game between two good in-form sides. I would probably argue that Pedro and Hazard had very weak games but Spurs had a lot to do with that, especially Pedro - he was really targeted. Besides Hazard is not a big game player and he will never really deliver consistently in a pressure game situation. Great player but incredibly soft. I find him tough to care about really. That guy would not have survived playing in the first Mourinho team which was warrior-like. If Chelsea ever made a champions' league final and Hazard was there picking him would be a genuine waste of a shirt.

Really if you look at the back 4 and the keeper and then Wanyama and Dembele in midfield as a defensive unit spurs have the best, strongest players.

Where the other clubs bridge that gap and overtake them is the cherry on the top sort of players that win you cheap points. Spurs will always draw more games than they should and rely a lot on Kane. Even Eriksen's performance yesterday was above and beyond his usual output. He's an Oscar level player who had a great game with two moments of quality.
              The Hazard miss was a bad one, could have changed how the game went for sure if he nutted that in near post. Terrible miss.

Eriksen is probably one of the most underrated players in the league. Everyone goes on about Kane and Ali but Eriksen is by far the better player yet goes unnoticed a lot of the time. He had a slow start to the season and isn't English contributed to that.
              Wanyama is a good athlete but he isn't just a stopper he plays forward passes and likes to roam forward from time to time. Dembele can ghost through any midfield on his day so he isn't just a workhorse stopper either.

Agree with Spurs drawing games though, it was a draw against WBA last season that cost us, not the Chelsea loss like the media narrative has been.

Comment

• It was weird beating Chelsea and have their manager acting with dignity in defeat though lol .

Comment

It was weird beating Chelsea and have their manager acting with dignity in defeat though lol .
                  I still love Mourinho but he is a bit painful in the negativity he brings on himself and his team. In the end the fact that he is essentially a pragmatic petty vindicative man became part of Chelsea's culture as a club. I still don't mind that negative footballing connotation the club has because it is nice to be the antithesis of Liverpool.

Even that Herrera at Man U who I have never even noticed before has proved himself to be a bit of a ****. West Ham scored a pretty good header from a cross earlier this season and it was downplayed as 'lucky' in his post game interview. WTF?

It is not hard to give teams credit for beating you surely? Because in effect all you are saying is that 'I prepared my team very well and for them to beat us means they are a good side.' Whereas Mourinho always found a source of grave misfortune where all the stars in solar system aligned to ensure Tibo Courtouis got bundled into the back of the net by Glen Murray or whatever and cost us the game. It was a load of rubbish.

An hour and a half is plenty of time to basically ensure the better side wins most of the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    Great run but you can't keep playing well.

Played poorly today tbh but Spurs were well up for it

And no I still don't rate Delle Alli! But he scores like a bastard.

Hazard also showed in a nutshell why he will never be a real elite player. He'll always let you down in a pressure situation. Too Belgian tbh.
                    Alli can't play football, he's a poacher. He offers absolutely nothing on the ball. I don't know why people think he's a midfielder when he's clearly a forward.

Spurs are a very well drilled, well coached side, but individually, they haven't got top players. I feel that's what will cost them again, they'll finish 4th at very best.

Comment

No sour grapes here.

When Tottenham beat us it's usually with their work rate. They will run non-stop, pressure, rough us up. They never really beat us with skill, or talent, even with Bale. It's always the grit that gets us.

Fair play to them though. I'm not even upset. Watching how Chelsea played. We got the proper result. Even if you give Hazard that shot as a goal. Unless Spurs completely implode. We still get bullied into a 1-2 result.

Comment

Working...
                      X