Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dortmund Real Madrid was very entertaining Dortmund look like the best counter attacking team in the world but they can't defend any cross in the box

I will feel sorry for Leicester City if they get Real Madrid in the next round

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      Dortmund Real Madrid was very entertaining Dortmund look like the best counter attacking team in the world but they can't defend any cross in the box

I will feel sorry for Leicester City if they get Real Madrid in the next round
      I think that would be great for them. Lets face it they most likely are going out next round anyways in the form they are in. At least get that fairytale ending vs Real Madrid, play at the Bernabeu, get a selfie with Ronaldo and then try and save their premier league season.

They are basically like a non league team who have made it to the 3rd round of the FA cup. You want the biggest game possible before you get knocked out

Comment

• I think Leicester could beat Real Madrid, as crazy as it sounds.

They have one thing on their side, unpredictability. They can watch as much film as they want, they have never played Leicester. Same could be said for LFC as well but being the under dog, they can sit-back deep, wait it out, counter and end the game 1-0 fluke (away) and park the bus at home 0-0, with absolutely no criticism will coming their way.

Real Madrid's individual greatness will likely shine though. Some other-lordly shot from Modric, Ronaldo, or James to put them up 1-0 and Leicester likely lose all hope. Because they've never been there before and they are facing the giants Real Madrid.

I actually am expecting Leicester to get Bayern somehow, though.
        Last edited by F l i c k e r; 12-08-2016, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• WTF even Man United wrecked Leicester this season.. Madrid would put at least 7 past them over 2 legs..

The English league is the strongest league atm but sadly 2 of the best teams aren't in the CL this year.. City and Arsenal shame the PL every year

Comment

• I bet Leicester at least get as far as Arsenal.

Manchester City have a huge inferiority complex in Europe usually but that win against Barcelona finally might have done something for them and having the media consensus greatest manager ever (even if that is not true). That inferiority might even transmit from their fans who don't care because Paul Dickov...bla bla bla...

City inexplicably were happy just to take part. It is now or never for them. I think they have a chance this year. If they go out early again I don't think they will ever be a serious European force because they will have fostered that culture of failing. It is hard to shake in football. It's why Spurs haven't won at the Bridge for 26 years. Different mangers, different players, different eras but the same results.

Footballers - especially expensively aquired foreign players need something to buy into. At the moment City have a super coach and the man who created the best club side ever. They should hang their hat on that. Otherwise they are in a strange sort of limbo - whatsort of club are they? And what sort of player joins them?
            Last edited by Sparked_26; 12-09-2016, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              WTF even Man United wrecked Leicester this season.. Madrid would put at least 7 past them over 2 legs..

The English league is the strongest league atm but sadly 2 of the best teams aren't in the CL this year.. City and Arsenal shame the PL every year
              So? I think it's obvious that Leicester are putting a total of zero in effort into the premier league.

Their total priority is the CL and if anything, they have license to park the bus and catch a fluke 1-0 away and 0-0 home. No pressure on them at all what so ever.

Comment

• Pep getting exposed by relegation fodder again

Comment

• Looks like we ****ed the prediction..

Pep might not even make it till January at this rate

Comment

• Not far off bag packing time.

He will be managing in the MLS by February.

Comment

• Thought they said this Pep guy was the bees knees? Wouldn't let him manage a sunday league team ffs

Comment

Working...
                      X