This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
    Can't really talk though. United spent what? 500 million pounds since SAF retired and have done what? nothing? And still can't seem to put the cheque book away.
    That's not really my point is it though

City had the best squad/team and spent on TOP of that

I don't even get how people can act like Pep didn't start with the best squad/team in the league this season (even before spending)

What you gonna tell me leicester or Spurs have better because they finished above them last year

Comment

• Thing is about last season all the big dogs stopped trying from like Jan/Feb onwards. Us, City and Utd gave it up early and felt pity on Leicester and Tottenham so we let them have their first and only title chance that they'll get in the next 50 years. Chelsea were in a relegation battle so they don't count.

Arsenal were the true losers last season coz they were the only ones who carried on battling with Spurs and Leciester til the end and yet they still somehow managed to not win it

Pellegrini did a dog **** job there. Scraping one crappy league win with the best squad in the prem weren't good enough, yet most City fans were over the moon with him as manager. Shows you their level of expectancy tbh...small time.

Pep will walk the league and so he should with that squad...i mean when your centre backs alone amount to over £100m you can't expect anything less. The real question will be how he does in Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
        Ibrahimovich couldn't score past Brad Jones last night, he did my tax return last year ffs
        I saw the exact moment Zlatan's soul lifted into the skies last night against Feyernoord....did you?

I saw it. It's official. It's been confirmed.

Bradley Jones our fifth choice goalkeeper when we had him who's sole purpose in our squad was so that Suarez had someone to practice scoring against at Melwood took Zlatan's soul last night. He is now the proud owner. Zlatan will never be the same again, Rashford will now go the way of Federico Macheda and Pogba should do the honorable thing and retire from all forms of football.

When you can't score against Bradley Jones you may as well give it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
          Thing is about last season all the big dogs stopped trying from like Jan/Feb onwards. Us, City and Utd gave it up early and felt pity on Leicester and Tottenham so we let them have their first and only title chance that they'll get in the next 50 years. Chelsea were in a relegation battle so they don't count.

Arsenal were the true losers last season coz they were the only ones who carried on battling with Spurs and Leciester til the end and yet they still somehow managed to not win it

Pellegrini did a dog **** job there. Scraping one crappy league win with the best squad in the prem weren't good enough, yet most City fans were over the moon with him as manager. Shows you their level of expectancy tbh...small time.

Pep will walk the league and so he should with that squad...i mean when your centre backs alone amount to over £100m you can't expect anything less. The real question will be how he does in Europe.
          Pellegrini and City were top of the league until they announced Pep will be taking over this year
          Pellegrini already won the league so he focused only on the Champions league

Not sure if City will walk the league they're obviously the favorite but you already know half their squad will be injured at some point

Comment

• Chelsea are getting slapped about at their own gaff

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
              That's not really my point is it though

City had the best squad/team and spent on TOP of that

I don't even get how people can act like Pep didn't start with the best squad/team in the league this season (even before spending)

What you gonna tell me leicester or Spurs have better because they finished above them last year
              No way. Pep walked into a team with Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling and others. By no means did he take over Newcastle or something and turned them into world beaters.

But so did Mourinho. He walked into Manchester, who realistically should have a top 4 squad. Period. Whether they under preformed or not, almost that entire team are consistent first choice players for their national sides. Then like City/Pep, he goes and buys even more players.

So it's really like pot calling the kettle black.

Comment

• Chelsea getting done up by the Scouse.

No words for it really. Either Liverpool are elite(they aren't) or Chelsea just aint that good (most likely).

...actually like. Our defense is sub par and Courtois is no better than Fraser Forster.
                Last edited by F l i c k e r; 09-16-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
                  Chelsea are getting slapped about at their own gaff
                  Good wifi at the bridge, mate?

Comment

• Would Gary Cahill be in the premier league if he wasn't English I seen better CBs in the MLS the guy cost Chelsea 3 goals the last 60 minutes

Comment

• Diego Costa is on one. Right back in it and almost the equalizer.

Comment

Working...
                      X