Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We had too many midgets playing last season. Mourinho's signings have been taller players.

Comment

• I'll have you ****s know Nemanja Klavan is no random Estonian.

Try the GREATEST Estonian player of all time with over a hundred caps for his country, the current reigning defending Estonian player of the year and a true icon and hero to all Estonians worldwide he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        yeah proper bored!

That said looking at it now: De Gea, Bailly, Pogba, Ibra - best spine in the league. United missed a trick not going for Kante though.

Spines (not includin no 10 types - I guess Pogba is arguable but he seems box-to-box to me:

Man U: De Gea, Bailly, Pogba, Ibrahimovich

Man City: Bravo, Stones/Kompany, Fernandinho, Aguero

Arsenal: Cech, Kocielny, Xhaka, Giroud

Chelsea: Courtois (bang average), Terry (OLD), Kante, Costa (******ed)

Liverpool: Random German, Random Estonian, Jordan Henderson, Sturridge (fancy Dan). (horrible)

Spurs: lloris, Vertonghen, Dier, Kane

Leicester: Schmichael, Morgan, Drinkwater, Vardy

Based on that I'd go:

1. Man Utd
        2. Citeh
        3. Arsenal
        4. Spurs
        5. Chelsea
        6. Leicester
        7. Liverpool

But I don't doubt Chelsea could self-destruct at any point. They're fragile as hell.
        Get your fact's straight mate, Jordan Henderson is and was never part of our spine. Our spine is as follows.

Karius (voted 2nd best goal keeper in the Bundesliga behind P4P #1 Neuer last season)
        Sakho (1st name on French Team Sheet)
        Clyne (Best Right Back in the league)
        Stud Can (The Rolls Royce of midfielders, 1st name on German teamsheet)
        Sadio Mane (Tearing chit up already, no words needed)
        Coutinho (clearly the best player in the world once Ronaldo, Messi & Suarez retire)
        Divock Origi (I'm told is the reason the Chinese are buying the club, the next generation Pele/Maradona/Kluivert)

The scary part is they aren't even in their primes yet, they will be tearing chit up for the foreseeable.

Comment

• How can a full back be part of a teams spine or wingers?

Hazard is Chelsea's best player I suppose. But he is not worth mentioning because if Chelsea can't win the battle in the middle he wont do anything. Probably wont do anything even if they do!

It is the players that go directly through the middle of the pitch that count. The reason being that it is well documented that the team with the best spine wins the most.

If you are including fancy players - Arsenal with Sanchez and Ozil have genuine superstars. They aren't winning anything.

All this said - Klopp is known for not having stars. But that Liverpool team is bang average on paper. Bang average.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 08-24-2016, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
            I'll have you ****s know Nemanja Klavan is no random Estonian.

Try the GREATEST Estonian player of all time with over a hundred caps for his country, the current reigning defending Estonian player of the year and a true icon and hero to all Estonians worldwide he is.
            I like that he is called Ragnar to be fair.

Vikings fan myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              I like that he is called Ragnar to be fair.

Vikings fan myself.
              True...the Nemanja name has been disgraced by Matic.

I only called him that coz he's known as the Estonian Vidic out on the streets of Tallinn.

Ragnar is much cooler.

Ragnar Stam will do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadio Mane View Post
                Get your fact's straight mate, Jordan Henderson is and was never part of our spine. Our spine is as follows.

Karius (voted 2nd best goal keeper in the Bundesliga behind P4P #1 Neuer last season)
                Sakho (1st name on French Team Sheet)
                Clyne (Best Right Back in the league)
                Stud Can (The Rolls Royce of midfielders, 1st name on German teamsheet)
                Sadio Mane (Tearing chit up already, no words needed)
                Coutinho (clearly the best player in the world once Ronaldo, Messi & Suarez retire)
                Divock Origi (I'm told is the reason the Chinese are buying the club, the next generation Pele/Maradona/Kluivert)

The scary part is they aren't even in their primes yet, they will be tearing chit up for the foreseeable.
                Doesn't even know what the spine of a team means

Comment

• What do you lads think of this argie?

Looks pretty decent, but then again he's in Serie A.

Comment

• Feel for Arsenal fans tbh. They were promised the Benzema & LAcazette's of this world but are going all out for some La Liga Journeyman Lucas Perez.

Comment

• Group C and D seem to be the toughest
                      Last edited by betmen; 08-25-2016, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X