This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    That's just BS Juventus did not spend much when he took over and he still built a world class squad that played a different style of football than Juv used to playing
    What?

Whats that got to do with me saying he wasn't in charge of the signings?

It doesn't matter what sort of style they played with...they'd have won the league regardless of his crappy three centre back formation. He got his arse handed to him when he tried that against the big boys in the CL.

Italian clubs usually have others in charge of signings....not the managers....Juve have Marotta for that but i'm willing to be corrected by Betmen if that's incorrect.

He was godawful in the champions league...so bad he somehow managed to make Allegri look like the second coming of Arrigo Sacchi.

The only style he's ever built is the style of fake hair he has on top of his forehead.

Italian Ronny Deila.

Comment

• In fact i'd argue Conte did a horrendous job at Juventus given just how bad he was in the Champions League.

With the players Juve had to not even make the Semi's was an awful showing. Buffon, Bonnucci, Chiellini, Pogba, Tevez, Vidal, Pirlo etc yet he was struggling to get out of the group stages

And he deserves credit for styling on teams like Pescara and Mascara etc ? Nah.

Comment

• We'll see how it goes. He's no longer in Italy. He inherited another club who had fallen to the side. So now we'll see how it goes.

I expect Chelsea to lift trophies before Liverpool though. That's just my opinion however.

Comment

• Liverpool fans definitely in their boom cycle.

Comment

• what the kop so happy about?? we all know liverpool gonna finish 7th again at the end of the season

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              What?

Whats that got to do with me saying he wasn't in charge of the signings?

It doesn't matter what sort of style they played with...they'd have won the league regardless of his crappy three centre back formation. He got his arse handed to him when he tried that against the big boys in the CL.

Italian clubs usually have others in charge of signings....not the managers....Juve have Marotta for that but i'm willing to be corrected by Betmen if that's incorrect.

He was godawful in the champions league...so bad he somehow managed to make Allegri look like the second coming of Arrigo Sacchi.

The only style he's ever built is the style of fake hair he has on top of his forehead.

Italian Ronny Deila.
              From what I read Conte leaving Juv was because they refused to make funds available for transfers and didn't want to sign some players that tells you he was very involved in signing .
              Conte Juventus were better than allegri (tbf he lost lots of quality) they won more scored more and conceded less in all comp

Just because he didn't go far in one competition doesn't take away from his accomplishments , Rafa went further than Klopp in Europe that doesn't mean he is a better manager

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                In fact i'd argue Conte did a horrendous job at Juventus given just how bad he was in the Champions League.

With the players Juve had to not even make the Semi's was an awful showing. Buffon, Bonnucci, Chiellini, Pogba, Tevez, Vidal, Pirlo etc yet he was struggling to get out of the group stages

And he deserves credit for styling on teams like Pescara and Mascara etc ? Nah.
                Conte is not too bad... Actually he did great job at serie a, juve was finish 7th two years in a row before conte. his passion and aproach really fit for club who have many senior players who's been spoilt and lose passion like chelsea rigtnow.

you mention bonucci, the reason bonucci so good rightnow are conte. before conte bonucci is an error machine, those technical playing style media love so much is really double edged sword, it made a lot of blunders. Conte came put a lot of heat on him and pounded that sword to be more refined shape.

but he's also stubborn and that really getting in the way for him to make it in higher level AKA CL.

and yeah Marotta is in charge of juve transfer with the help of nedved and paratici. the reason Conte leave juve is them
                Last edited by betmen; 08-15-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

From what I read Conte leaving Juv was because they refused to make funds available for transfers and didn't want to sign some players that tells you he was very involved in signing .
                  Conte Juventus were better than allegri (tbf he lost lots of quality) they won more scored more and conceded less in all comp

Just because he didn't go far in one competition doesn't take away from his accomplishments , Rafa went further than Klopp in Europe that doesn't mean he is a better manager

That's big statement. sure i admit Conte's juve are more fast paced more attacking but in tactical POV he's really poor, is really surprising because in his first year at juve he love to experimenting with formation, he use 7 different formation at that season, one is really crazy with 4 attacker (2 wings+2 CF) but after he discover the 3-5-2 he rarely change it, he even force it in CL eventhough is not working.

Allegri is master of tactical battle. i remember last season at the showdown fro scudetto with napoli, he know napoli are really strong at the wing so he use 4-4-2 instead 3-5-2 to close the gap at the side. it work napoli can't do **** and he made wonderful subs which is goal scorer zaza. he the do the same thing with bayern in CL but alas Evra tired legs can't hold alaba's constant attack in the second half.

both have flaws i do sometimes wish allegri have some of conte's balls.

Comment

I agree serie A were\are weak compared to what it's used to be but Conte built a world class club just look at the names he brought to Turin (Marchisio ,Pogba ,Pirlo ,Llorente ,Matri ,Ogbonna , Vidal ,Tevez) it cost him less than what Liverpool pay to bring in Andy carroll
                    Matri, Ogbonna and Llorente World class? .

Tevez was past his sell by date too.

Comment

• Originally posted by betmen View Post
                      what the kop so happy about?? we all know liverpool gonna finish 7th again at the end of the season
                      Joys of being top of the table i suppose.

Right where we belong.
                      Last edited by Roy Jones Jnr; 08-16-2016, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X