Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mario Gotze is a fantastic player, doesn't quite fit Bayern but he'll be a terrific player when he moves on. Technically gifted, very quick mind and tactically aware.

Also, Cuadrado himself a top player. His time at Chelsea was not a fair reflection of the player. He's been superb for Juventus this year, as he was for Fiorentina. Hopefully a deal can be worked out to keep him, but Conte may want him back at Chelsea when he takes over.

Regarding England; the CB's are the problem. A midfield 3 of Dier-Alli-Barkley is a great base and Kane up top. I'd leave Stones at home, the individual errors he makes at a decent level in the Premier League don't bode well for a player stepping up to world level.
    Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 03-30-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• I think people are too harsh on Stones tbf.

Rio Ferdinand was not exactly error free when he was young but he turned out great later on. Defending is all about experience, Stones is just a talented kid by CD standards.

Plenty of time on his hands

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        I think people are too harsh on Stones tbf.

Rio Ferdinand was not exactly error free when he was young but he turned out great later on. Defending is all about experience, Stones is just a talented kid by CD standards.

Plenty of time on his hands
        Post drug test scandal he was pretty average tbh

Comment

• Juan Cuadrado is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            Juan Cuadrado is terrible.
            Far from it.

Comment

• Stones is quality, no doubt about that, his problem is coz he's one of a very few English centre backs who can actually play with the ball at their feet he thinks he's Franz Beckenbauer himself.

He needs to calm down a little and stop trying too hard to impress everyone with how good he is on the ball.

Yeah we get it, you can play it out from the back but you don't have to show it to us every single time. At times playing simple is needed and great defenders know when that time is.

He's got the talent obviously but this recent blip will be great for him in the long term IMO...it's reminded him and everyone else he's far from the finished article and he's got a lot of work still left to do to become the great centre back he can become.

Comment

• From the little i've seen of this Zielinski kid it seems like we're about to get our hands on the next Luka Modric ladies and gents.

The kid looks class, him and my boy Emre will transform our central midfield in a magical way and with the world cup winning goalscorer just in front of them alongside my boy Coutinho it could be a magical team next season, it really could.

Anyone want Hendo and Milner, buy one get one free? I'll happily pay for the taxi.

Comment

• I look forward to Klopp's rebuild, it will be very interesting to see what approach he takes in terms of average signing price.

He'll clear out so much deadwood and general garbage and replace it with quality.

On another note, tickets booked for Rome to attend Roma's final home game of the season and what is potentially Totti's last ever game - Genuinely gutted to see what remains my all time favourite player walk away, Spalletti better not ruin it.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                    I look forward to Klopp's rebuild, it will be very interesting to see what approach he takes in terms of average signing price.

He'll clear out so much deadwood and general garbage and replace it with quality.

On another note, tickets booked for Rome to attend Roma's final home game of the season and what is potentially Totti's last ever game - Genuinely gutted to see what remains my all time favourite player walk away, Spalletti better not ruin it.
                    That's class that, lovely thinking.

What a man, what a player.

Just read about Recoba calling it a day a bit ago...hadn't a clue he was still going but two icons of Serie A both were, Totti on another planet of course but reading about both has brought back some nostalgia.

Totti was one of the very last few remaining of that era who were still playing ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                      That's class that, lovely thinking.

What a man, what a player.

Just read about Recoba calling it a day a bit ago...hadn't a clue he was still going but two icons of Serie A both were, Totti on another planet of course but reading about both has brought back some nostalgia.

Totti was one of the very last few remaining of that era who were still playing ....
                      I loved Recoba. He epitomised the luxury player, great one min then awol the next but such a sweet left boot. That Inter team had so many good players but they was always pretty naff.

Gutted about Totti too. Any ideas what he's doing after retirement? I heard the dude has his own office at the roma training ground lol legend.

Comment

Working...
                      X