X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kloppite7 View Post
    Arsenal are proper pony
    Arsenal losing to West Brom, Chelsea scraping a draw against Norwich and Utd going life and death with Watford whereas we will be going toe to toe with Man City in a title chasing clash today away at the Etihad.

Life is good as a Liverpool fan.

Comment

• hardly scrapping a draw with Norwich.

Alas, Diego Costa.

Now there is a striker to whinge about. He is awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
        If you're being serious here that's one of the most ridiculous posts i've ever read in this thread.

No one in the history of the game has just found form for a couple of seasons to become the best striker in world football only to return to being someone who looks like he's never kicked a ball in his life after a couple of years.

That's just impossible.

Torres was a very good young player at Atletico who became one of if not the best striker in the world at Liverpool, who let's not forget was also not looking out of place playing for Spain since his Atletico days alongisde the likes of Iniesta and Xavi scoring winners in major international cup finals up until he goes to Chelsea and they along with the injuries he suffered completely ruin him as a footballer.
        One plausible way to explain Torres' loss of form is that he was never that good to start with.

After various thesis I have written on the subject that is the one that explains it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          One plausible way to explain Torres' loss of form is that he was never that good to start with.

Comment

• Refresh your memory, he wasn't just good he was great. If i could create the perfect striker he'd be pretty similar to Torres at Liverpool, pace, strength, left foot right foot, good in the air, clever, had it all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
              If you're being serious here that's one of the most ridiculous posts i've ever read in this thread.

No one in the history of the game has just found form for a couple of seasons to become the best striker in world football only to return to being someone who looks like he's never kicked a ball in his life after a couple of years.

That's just impossible.

Torres was a very good young player at Atletico who became one of if not the best striker in the world at Liverpool, who let's not forget was also not looking out of place playing for Spain since his Atletico days alongisde the likes of Iniesta and Xavi scoring winners in major international cup finals up until he goes to Chelsea and they along with the injuries he suffered completely ruin him as a footballer.
              Obviously i was exaggerating when i said he was a bad player. But he was losing form even in his last year at Liverpool. Wasn't he even dropped at one point? Those first couple of seasons at Liverpool were his only two world class seasons.

And it's not hard to look great when you're playing in front of one of the best midfields the world has ever seen in their prime.

I don't like Chelsea as much as the next guy but i'm not gonna rewrite history to fit my agenda.
              Last edited by BodiesInFlight; 11-21-2015, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• Torres also had pretty bad hamstring injuries towards his later Liverpool career. Then without proper healing time, forced into the starting lineup and wound up never being the same.

Couple that fear of injury; lack of pace due to injury; and Chelsea's style of play (Ref: Drogba). Torres was never going to play at Chelsea like he did when he first got to Liverpool.

Anyways.... Finally Chelsea. Thank you. Also, Costa reminds me of Balotelli when he's on one. Just stands there, doing nothing and winds up with a goal somehow.

Arsenal.....

Comment

• Real Madrid playing FC Barcelona now...

Comment

• The Clasico just isn't the same without Messi at 100%.

Comment

• That was one of the worst penalties I've ever seen from Cazorla.

I don't know why we still have Mikel Arteta on the books. He's apparently a good influence in the dressing room but a complete waste of space on the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                      X