This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
    Meh, I have reservations about that squad and his style. I'm not sure any of their attacking '4' would be up to it. Ibe possibly if he was playing.

Milner is probably the most adept to Klopp's way of playing but he's pushing 30 and isn't a great footballer, he's got 75 minutes a game in him doing that at this point.

Long term I think it's a good appointment, he'll rebuild the squad in due time. I just question what he's gonna do with this squad going in.

As for the financial side, is he really gonna get that much backing? Or have the owners brought him in with the knowledge his Dortmund days, where he came across as a bit of a 'yes' man when it came to selling off all the prized assets? Liverpool have a habit of that lately, maybe they wanted someone who'd be happy to carry that on whilst rebuilding on a shoestring budget?

Said the same thing about Milner.

He is the only ones I can see who could press with intensity for 90 mins. They certainly wouldn't want Coutinho doing it.

He will do it differently at Liverpool. He will have to.

Comment

• Klopp would have been ideal for Arsenal.

Alexis, Welbeck (when fit), Walcott, Ramsey all naturally press very well and high too.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
        Meh, I have reservations about that squad and his style. I'm not sure any of their attacking '4' would be up to it. Ibe possibly if he was playing.

Milner is probably the most adept to Klopp's way of playing but he's pushing 30 and isn't a great footballer, he's got 75 minutes a game in him doing that at this point.

Long term I think it's a good appointment, he'll rebuild the squad in due time. I just question what he's gonna do with this squad going in.

As for the financial side, is he really gonna get that much backing? Or have the owners brought him in with the knowledge his Dortmund days, where he came across as a bit of a 'yes' man when it came to selling off all the prized assets? Liverpool have a habit of that lately, maybe they wanted someone who'd be happy to carry that on whilst rebuilding on a shoestring budget?
        Fair enough. Though I think Henderson is also a solid runner, pretty much all he does.

That'd be the interesting thing about the appointing of Klopp. He has a track record of rebuilding squads, making them play fantastic, and doing special things with them.

However, I'm not sure if he'd be given much time to make magic happen. So I'm certain they'd give him a blank check next summer or say "Pick your 3 most wanted players. We'll see what we can do."

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Reus moves to Liverpool. He seems like he'd be willing to wear their red.

Comment

• Will every journalist till the end of time ask new managers if they would describe themselves as 'The Special One'?

Lazy journo's

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
            I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Reus moves to Liverpool. He seems like he'd be willing to wear their red.

Reus, Gundogan and Hummels all throwing come and get me pleas our way, one of the best managers in world football leading us, we're back baby, back to where we belong.

All those posts of me hoping Rodgers would go out and sign some big dogs but he never did, those were silly of me, Rodgers never had the pull to attract the big dogs.

But my boy Jurgen, oooh weee, my boy Jurgen has got all the big dogs throwing themselves at his feet desperate to join the red army.

Comment

• Is this a dream?

Comment

• International Football should be banned, Aguero injured now Silva limped off not looking good for City.

Comment

• 6 months ago Brendan was the best young manager in the world, 6 months later all the Liverpool fans turn on him. What a fickle bunch they are on Merseyside.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Cechmate View Post
                      6 months ago Brendan was the best young manager in the world, 6 months later all the Liverpool fans turn on him. What a fickle bunch they are on Merseyside.

Comment

Working...
                      X