This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    Nah, already done that for enough seasons. I'm not gonna encourage the delusional mong to keep doing what he's doing anymore, every season we hear the same garbage. The reason he's so uncomfortable is because so many people support him. He's happy to just sit back and hope rather than push for it.
    I think the split is very real amongst Arsenal fans on Wenger. I'd go as far as to say that more people want him out now. I personally am leaning towards it myself if progress isn't made this season.

The bottom line though is that we have what we have and fans have to get behind the team. Otherwise you're just not a fan. Wishing downfall on your players and manager is just pathetic especially when we've just put on two good performances.

Change your tampon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
      What Mourinho does say about Wenger is right though.

Jose will probably get sacked if we lose against Southampton at home, lol.

And he's just won the league.
      Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Of course he's right, Mourinho is a winner, he's actually expected to perform unlike the loser in charge of my club. Guy can just sit on his ass and get top 4 every season and not worry about a thing.
      Mourinho wouldn't have been able to do **** at Arsenal if he was handed the reigns when we built the new stadium. He would have failed and done a runner within a year, probably leaving our club on the brink of extinction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Mourinho wouldn't have been able to do **** at Arsenal if he was handed the reigns when we built the new stadium. He would have failed and done a runner within a year, probably leaving our club on the brink of extinction.
        You are right there to a degree too.

Mourinho would have quite after the 2nd season without a trophy.

Comment

• Wenger IS Arsenal. Nobody can decide when he goes but the man himself.

The man moved us into a state of the art stadium and geared us through a transitional period with regular top 4 finishes on a shoestring budget. Now said stadium is starting to bear fruit, I'm sure success is just around the corner. 2 FA Cups is definitely a step in the right direction.

People always say "content with top 4", but look at the money Liverpool and Tottenham have spent and they would kill for regular top 4 finishes.

If we start battling it out for bumopa league places with Tottenham, Liverpool, Stoke City and the likes, then I agree it will be time for Wenger to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cechmate View Post
            Wenger IS Arsenal. Nobody can decide when he goes but the man himself.

The man moved us into a state of the art stadium and geared us through a transitional period with regular top 4 finishes on a shoestring budget. Now said stadium is starting to bear fruit, I'm sure success is just around the corner. 2 FA Cups is definitely a step in the right direction.

People always say "content with top 4", but look at the money Liverpool and Tottenham have spent and they would kill for regular top 4 finishes.

If we start battling it out for bumopa league places with Tottenham, Liverpool, Stoke City and the likes, then I agree it will be time for Wenger to go.
            After the new stadium was built, Wenger was given a target by the board of finishing in the top 4 an average of 3 out of 5 times for the next decade or so. Of course, he did it every year.

I am not happy with top 4 and FA Cup. There are definitely things wrong at the club and with Wenger's policies at times but he deserves more respect.

Unfortunately its 2015 and "fans" like John Locke now have a voice.

Comment

• To conclude, Arsenal are a joke.

Comment

• Getting rid of Wenger is probably the biggest blunder Arsenal could make. Does getting rid of a successful head coach/manager who keeps that team in the playoffs/Champions League ever really work out?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  Getting rid of Wenger is probably the biggest blunder Arsenal could make. Does getting rid of a successful head coach/manager who keeps that team in the playoffs/Champions League ever really work out?
                  Yes.

At Chelsea.

Nearly every single time. Other than AVB and Scolari.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                    Getting rid of Wenger is probably the biggest blunder Arsenal could make. Does getting rid of a successful head coach/manager who keeps that team in the playoffs/Champions League ever really work out?
                    People think the grass is always greener, mate.

Our moronic fans think that a new manager will come in, spunk 100's of millions on players and all our problems will be solved. That's worked out real well for ManUre and Liverpool.

The day we spend 30 mil on shite like Benteke or Fellaini is the day I give up on football.

A few years ago our fans wanted George Burley as manager FFS.

Comment

• In the short term a club pretty much always gets a new manager lift.

Short termism. But usually works.

The key is to have a coherent transfer policy.

Comment

Working...
                      X