This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
    Barca apparently want Yarmolenko as Pedro replacement...deal could be done by a deadline of this Friday if it happens. 20 million euros in 3 instalments (5mil now, 5mil in january and 10 at the end of the season), loaned back to Dynamo Kiev until January when the Barca transfer embargo is lifted, on the condition he isn't played in the Champions League till then.

Could well happen, but it could be a waste of Yarmolenko's prime years to be sitting on the bench and being an impact sub only...he won't get in ahead of the trident unless they are injured.

Would be better off at Arsenal or Man Utd, but at the end of the day the choice is obvious when you are offered Everton or Barcelona...

http://www.football-espana.net/53579...bid-yarmolenko

Surprised it has take this long for him to be snapped up. coming off the back of other successful purchases from the ukrainian league he looks like he'll tear it up in any of the big leagues.

Comment

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
      Surprised it has take this long for him to be snapped up. coming off the back of other successful purchases from the ukrainian league he looks like he'll tear it up in any of the big leagues.
      The Ukrainian league itself has produced some excellent players as you say that are doing well now - Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Willian, Mkhitaryan...but there has been that unfortunate history of Ukrainian players not doing particularly well abroad, particularly in England - funnily enough let's take as an example Sergiy Rebrov who is currently doing an excellent job as coach of Dynamo Kiev.

Some trepidation is understandable, but Yarmolenko is of the perfect age, 25 - he is made for the Prem because he has speed, height, strength, and excellent end product - 19 goals 21 assists in around 40 games last season, top assister in the Europa League although he only played up to the QFs, he is more than ready to play in a big league and has proven it not only domestically but also in Europe and Internationally (19 goals in 49 caps as a winger).

Barca probably isn't the best move for him but you can't really reject that kind of opportunity, can you...

As to why other clubs aren't in more of a hurry to outlay a measly 15 million pounds on him, that's quite strange...he presents a fairly proven player for a bargain fee in today's football world.

Comment

The Ukrainian league itself has produced some excellent players as you say that are doing well now - Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Willian, Mkhitaryan...but there has been that unfortunate history of Ukrainian players not doing particularly well abroad, particularly in England - funnily enough let's take as an example Sergiy Rebrov who is currently doing an excellent job as coach of Dynamo Kiev.

Some trepidation is understandable, but Yarmolenko is of the perfect age, 25 - he is made for the Prem because he has speed, height, strength, and excellent end product - 19 goals 21 assists in around 40 games last season, top assister in the Europa League although he only played up to the QFs, he is more than ready to play in a big league and has proven it not only domestically but also in Europe and Internationally (19 goals in 49 caps as a winger).

Barca probably isn't the best move for him but you can't really reject that kind of opportunity, can you...

As to why other clubs aren't in more of a hurry to outlay a measly 15 million pounds on him, that's quite strange...he presents a fairly proven player for a bargain fee in today's football world.
        Never thought about it before but you are right about Ukrainian players not being very successful in England, I can't think of any one that worked out? Can only name 3 or 4 off the top of my head that played here though.

It's mainly only in the Europa league i have seen him and a couple of internationals and i thought he was better than Konoplyanka who was getting most of the attention.

The Barca move looks bad to me, having to wait to transfer then just going to be on the bench. He'd be better at level below with a view to move to one of the big 3 of 4 clubs in the world. I always assume with cases like this that there is a plan or deal already in place months in advance and there is no need to leak rumors to the press by the agent/club.

Comment

Never thought about it before but you are right about Ukrainian players not being very successful in England, I can't think of any one that worked out? Can only name 3 or 4 off the top of my head that played here though.

It's mainly only in the Europa league i have seen him and a couple of internationals and i thought he was better than Konoplyanka who was getting most of the attention.

The Barca move looks bad to me, having to wait to transfer then just going to be on the bench. He'd be better at level below with a view to move to one of the big 3 of 4 clubs in the world. I always assume with cases like this that there is a plan or deal already in place months in advance and there is no need to leak rumors to the press by the agent/club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            fucking luzny forgot about him!

Comment

Konoplyanka is just an explosive player let's say who is always dangerous because he is agile and has more searing raw pace and acceleration, but in terms of end product his numbers are poor...he contributes far less assists and goals than Yarmolenko, but he is perhaps tougher to contain for defences, and was obviously a steal on a free.

By the way, there was some bollocks rumours out today that Wenger personally called Yarmolenko and he rejected Arsenal as his dream is Barca, but he came out today and called out that B/S...I think if Arsenal were in for him, he'd move and would do well as a striker option or a RW. Anyway, he is a far better option than Kokorin...the guy who Arsenal are apparently getting.

Comment

Barca apparently want Yarmolenko as Pedro replacement...deal could be done by a deadline of this Friday if it happens. 20 million euros in 3 instalments (5mil now, 5mil in january and 10 at the end of the season), loaned back to Dynamo Kiev until January when the Barca transfer embargo is lifted, on the condition he isn't played in the Champions League till then.

Could well happen, but it could be a waste of Yarmolenko's prime years to be sitting on the bench and being an impact sub only...he won't get in ahead of the trident unless they are injured.

Would be better off at Arsenal or Man Utd, suits the BPL style of play a lot more than Barca...would be more of a Real type player, but at the end of the day the choice is obvious when you are offered Everton or Barcelona...

I'm skeptical that this deal will go through and he will likely see out this last year on his contract and get snapped up on a free next year like Konoplyanka did this season, but hopefully gets his move now.

http://www.football-espana.net/53579...bid-yarmolenko

Barca was targeting both Nolito and Yarmolenko but looks like they might not get either.

Rather have Nolito anyway cause he knows Barca system already and proven in La Liga. Heard Yarmolenko linked with Everton also, but said playing for Barca would be a dream.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Fucking Luzhny Now there's blast from the past.

Didn't they call him 'the horse' or some ****.

Comment

• Really glad I didn't hit the bar to watch this Man U game, utter beating.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                      Really glad I didn't hit the bar to watch this Man U game, utter beating.
                      Very entertaining and excellent passing by United They have a strong midfield IDK why they didn't replace the strikers they lost

Should have been 7 goals but Hernandez is ****

Comment

Working...
                      X