Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What concerned me most today was Coquelin's performance. He was dreadful, tried all these Hollywood passes that all ended up in the stands. He needs to keep it simple like he did last season.

We've put all our eggs in the Coq basket as far as DM goes. I hope this was just a one off because without the solidness he gave our midfield last season, we're screwed.

Also we're supposed to stop conceding silly goals with Cech as goalkeeper. I honestly think Szceczecezzzzny would have saved both those goals today.

A strong start is vital for us to have any chance of winning the league this year, and we're already playing catch up after 1 game.

Comment

• Did people seriously thought Arsenal win the league?

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Ed View Post
        What concerned me most today was Coquelin's performance. He was dreadful, tried all these Hollywood passes that all ended up in the stands. He needs to keep it simple like he did last season.

We've put all our eggs in the Coq basket as far as DM goes. I hope this was just a one off because without the solidness he gave our midfield last season, we're screwed.

Also we're supposed to stop conceding silly goals with Cech as goalkeeper. I honestly think Szceczecezzzzny would have saved both those goals today.

A strong start is vital for us to have any chance of winning the league this year, and we're already playing catch up after 1 game.
        But I thought Cech was the answer to our prayers? Lol...and we didn't need a holding midfielder because of Coquelin....?

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Did people seriously thought Arsenal win the league?
        There's only been one game played

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          But I thought Cech was the answer to our prayers? Lol...and we didn't need a holding midfielder because of Coquelin....?

There's only been one game played
          Go back to supporting Leeds kirk you bellend

Comment

It's days like this that make you embarrassed by your fellow fans.

Cringeworthy how positive people were after winning the Charity Shield and with the signing of a goalkeeper who could very well be shot to bits and has spent his entire career at that scumbag club. I couldn't understand the elation over Cech as if it was the missing piece in the jigsaw.

And now Giroud is the scapegoat again for some reason. He was poor but then who was actually even decent today? Did he get any service?

Is signing Benzema going to stop us conceding those two ridiculous goals?
            I honestly don't get the hate giroud seems to get.. mainly from adam.. but like you said other arsenal fans too.. is it simply because he is not Henry? 100% he scores 20-25 goals this season if fit

As for Cech he was the best keeper in the world imo.. before his head got absolutely wrecked and he started wearing that cap.. still a top keeper but never as confident.. probably a better option then what arsenal had.. if it wasn't for the fact his ass was sat on the bench the past year

I thought t was very weird chelsea sold him to arsenal but as much as people hate mourhino the guy isn't stupid

Comment

• Has anyone seen a single pundit tip City for the league this year?

Pretty standard these days tbf. Last time I can remember people tipping us in big numbers was '12/13.

Injury-free Aguero breaks 35 league goals this year. Book it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MOTHERDUCKER View Post
                I honestly don't get the hate giroud seems to get.. mainly from adam.. but like you said other arsenal fans too.. is it simply because he is not Henry? 100% he scores 20-25 goals this season if fit

As for Cech he was the best keeper in the world imo.. before his head got absolutely wrecked and he started wearing that cap.. still a top keeper but never as confident.. probably a better option then what arsenal had.. if it wasn't for the fact his ass was sat on the bench the past year

I thought t was very weird chelsea sold him to arsenal but as much as people hate mourhino the guy isn't stupid
                Mourinho didn't want to sell him. I just couldn't understand the huge hype surrounding signing him from Arsenal fans. First of all, I don't know why anyone would celebrate getting a player who has spent most of his career at Chelsea.

Secondly, Chesney was just as good as him a couple of seasons ago if not better when they both played a full season.

Chesney had a bad game at Southampton and Cech has just had an even worse one on his debut. Was it really necessary to get him when we clearly have other areas that need strengthening? It's not like Ospina even put a foot wrong.

Giroud is the current scapegoat for Arsenal fans. They always have to have one. The Benzema rumours have just intensified it. I mean...what service did he get yesterday? The midfield was atrocious. He had one half-chance when we were already 2-0 down.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
                  Has anyone seen a single pundit tip City for the league this year?

Pretty standard these days tbf. Last time I can remember people tipping us in big numbers was '12/13.

Injury-free Aguero breaks 35 league goals this year. Book it.
                  'Injury free Aguero'

Comment

• Seen it mentioned about three different places now just heard them say it on Fletch and Sav(probably not the best show to name but heard it a couple other places an all) that De Gea is the best keeper in the league.

Errm no he's not?

Courtois is about five times the keeper De Gea is.

If the shots are straight at De Gea don't get me wrong he's fantastic, the problem is when the shots are a bit far away from him he's nowhere to be seen.

It's always ''the keeper had no chance of that saving that'' with De Gea.

Courtois pulls off about three saves per game which De Gea would apparently have no chance of saving.

Comment

Mourinho didn't want to sell him. I just couldn't understand the huge hype surrounding signing him from Arsenal fans. First of all, I don't know why anyone would celebrate getting a player who has spent most of his career at Chelsea.

Secondly, Chesney was just as good as him a couple of seasons ago if not better when they both played a full season.

Chesney had a bad game at Southampton and Cech has just had an even worse one on his debut. Was it really necessary to get him when we clearly have other areas that need strengthening? It's not like Ospina even put a foot wrong.

Giroud is the current scapegoat for Arsenal fans. They always have to have one. The Benzema rumours have just intensified it. I mean...what service did he get yesterday? The midfield was atrocious. He had one half-chance when we were already 2-0 down.
                      Think Cech just had a rare off day.

There can be no doubt he's usually one of the very best in the world and unless he's completely shot he'll go on to prove just why everyone thought Arsenal pulled off one of the signings of the season when they signed him.

Bit wary now though, thought the same when we signed Joe Cole. Thought we pulled off a great signing right there but he turned out to be completely shot to ****, and therefore a utterly horrendous signing, not to mention the **** was on about 150 grand a week. Obviously keepers are different though, highly doubt it'll be anything like the Joe Cole signing.

And regarding Giroud, that chance was quite a decent-ish chance. He should have at least made the keeper work. His effort was awful, a passback to the keeper.

Score that and West Ham are under the cosh.

Giroud is decent but he is nowhere near top class, i just hope Wenger see's it the same way as you and is content with Giroud. Benzema would add a whole new dimension to Arsenal, not to mention probably wake Ozil up an all.

Comment

Working...
                      X