Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Utd have managed to ruin Angel Di Maria, a player who i would have probably rated as a top 5 - 8 player on the planet when they signed him then i have no doubts they could also do the same to Garethchito.

No doubts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
      Dont you feckers watch the Europa League? Good story last night.
      My boys Vographe and BodiesInFlight do.

Tell the rest of us the story from last nights Europa League if ya could please lads.

Comment

• Andrea Pirlo has revealed that Carlo Ancelotti tried to sign Steven Gerrard to play alongside him at AC Milan, but was told a firm 'no' by the man he calls Europe's 'most complete midfielder'.

Pirlo - now at Champions League finalists Juventus - spent 10 years at the San Siro between 2001 and 2011 and says he encouraged his former manager to sign the Liverpool captain.

But Gerrard, who also turned down moves to Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter Milan under Jose Mourino's stewardship, remained resolute in his loyalty to his boyhood club.

Pirlo and Ancelotti shared a close relationship as the pair lifted two Champions League trophies together in Milan, and the 35-year-old midfielder claims his former manager consulted him about a move for Gerrard at his peak in 2007.

'Carlo (Ancelotti) was like a father to me. We used to, and still do speak a lot,' Pirlo said. 'While at Milan he came to me and said "I want to sign Steven Gerrard to play next to you in midfield - what do you think?"

'Without any hesitation I told him "do it - go and sign him". At this stage he was probably the most complete midfield player in Europe, of course I wanted to partner him.'

But Milan, who famously lost the 2005 Champions League final to a Gerrard-inspired Liverpool, were knocked back despite being European champions at the time.

The iconic Liverpool captain has spent the entirety of his professional care at the Merseyside club, and he will captain them for the final time at Anfield in an emotional farewell against Crystal Palace on Saturday.

'I remember asking Carlo a few weeks later how it was going, and he told me Gerrard had given a very firm no, that his bond with Liverpool was unbreakable.

'At the time Milan were the champions of Europe and probably had the best team in the world - it says a lot about Gerrard's loyalty.'

Gerrard moves to MLS side LA Galaxy at the end of the season and he could be joined in the US by Pirlo who has previously stated an interest in finishing his playing days in America.
        My boy Andros knows.

Comment

• Jake Livermore has been on the bugle.

It doesn't surprise me. The only thing that surprised me is that he got caught. I bet there all doing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirTomJones
            I was in the Ronaldo camp but I was wrong. Messi is the man.
            No shame in admitting you were wrong Tom.. welcome to normality..

Comment

• Anyone see Messi's tattoo sleeve?

lol.......................

Incongruous as anything. Looks a reet ****.

You can't have a tattoo sleeve and then in your free time wear the M&S Autograph selection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                Anyone see Messi's tattoo sleeve?

You can't have a tattoo sleeve and then in your free time wear the M&S Autograph selection.
                Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  Anyone see Messi's tattoo sleeve?

He dedicated it to Barcelona, its suppose represent Sagrada Familia.

Comment

• Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    He dedicated it to Barcelona, its suppose represent Sagrada Familia.
                    Some people should steer clear of getting tattoos

He might as well be the dentist in the hangover for the impact it has.

Comment

• Chelsea bought this bloke called Pasalic last season for 3 million quid.

Rejected a bid of £15 million from Lazio recently.

Chelsea are playing Football Manager at an elite level right now.

Has anyone ever seen him play?

We will probably sell John Obi Mikel for £48 million in the summer.

Just that damn Cuadrado.

Comment

Working...
                      X