Collapse
No announcement yet.

late-term abortion doctor killed in Kansas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well, then let those stupid bitches kill themselves performing it on themselves. They should have done **** sex instead of ******* if they didn't want to get pregnant
    And this, to me, sums up completely the pro-life movement.

I am personally opposed to abortion and think it should be avoided where possible, but I am also cognizant of the fact that I personally will never have to be in a decision to have to make that choice and so I support a woman's right to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by texanballer View Post
      Abortion is legal, partial birth abortion is illegal.

The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that the term "partial-birth abortion" in the act pertains to a procedure that is medically called intact dilation and extraction.[2] Under this law, "Any physician who, in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly performs a partial-birth abortion and thereby kills a human fetus shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both." The law was enacted in 2003, and in 2007 its constitutionality was upheld by the U.S. Supreme Court, in the case of Gonzales v. Carhart.

And late term abortion is banned in 36 states
      yo son

get your dick wet and then get back to us

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        And this, to me, sums up completely the pro-life movement.

I am personally opposed to abortion and think it should be avoided where possible, but I am also cognizant of the fact that I personally will never have to be in a decision to have to make that choice and so I support a woman's right to choose.
        I understand that, i do also to a certain extent. But how do you feel when a woman says i am going to have this baby but then 7-8 months into the pregnancy she says i change my mind i dont want it anymore. You think she still has the right to kill the baby that is already functioning as a life?

Comment

I understand that, i do also to a certain extent. But how do you feel when a woman says i am going to have this baby but then 7-8 months into the pregnancy she says i change my mind i dont want it anymore. You think she still has the right to kill the baby that is already functioning as a life?
          A late term abortion is defined as any abortion that is performed past the 20th week of pregnancy. A full term of pregnancy is 37 - 42 weeks in general, so late term is anything past about the halfway point. Suggesting that all late term abortions are 7-8 months of pregnancy is basically a lie.

A definition for late term has not been medically agreed upon however, some sources put late term at 13 weeks, others at 16 weeks. The Journal of American Medical Associations put the definition at the third trimester or 27 weeks.

In the United States around 10% of abortions are performed over the 12 week mark while the figure for over 20 weeks is around 1%. This image of hundreds of thousands of women with huge bellies full of babies getting them sucked out of themselves is a myth perpetuated deliberately to muddy the waters and cause outrage.

On the subject of viability in human pregnancies almost all pregnancies are viable after 27 weeks, none are viable before 20 weeks and anything in between is a grey area.

It is unknown how many women have abortions past certain viability (statistics are not kept for this figure) but an estimate in 1997 but the Gutmacher institute puts the figure at .08% of abortions past 24 weeks.

Almost 60% of abortions are carried out in the first 8 weeks.

Comment

There is no reason to have a late abortion unless it is found out having the baby could be dangerous to the mother.
            But how do you feel when a woman says i am going to have this baby but then 7-8 months into the pregnancy she says i change my mind i dont want it anymore. You think she still has the right to kill the baby that is already functioning as a life?
            Now, I don't know the ins and outs of abortion law in America but I was under the impression that late abortions can only be legal if two independent doctors agree that giving birth could cause irreparable harm to the mother. Like I say I don't know a great deal about the American law, what constitutes irreparable harm etc but I feel that many (which may or may not include you) are quick to condemn without being in full possession of the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by SJB'09 View Post
              Now, I don't know the ins and outs of abortion law in America but I was under the impression that late abortions can only be legal if two independent doctors agree that giving birth could cause irreparable harm to the mother. Like I say I don't know a great deal about the American law, what constitutes irreparable harm etc but I feel that many (which may or may not include you) are quick to condemn without being in full possession of the facts.
              Depends on how late. Most states have the definition of 24 weeks for this to be a requirement, which puts the actual number of abortions performed under these rules down pretty low.

Comment

So whats your answer to my question?

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
                  I think murder is wrong.. to make my point I am going to murder..

That's right .. become what you hate ..

Fight intolerance with intolerance..

So either you think murder is wrong or you don't.. You can't condone one and condemn the other..

Unless of course you like hypocrisy
                  this is what i was going to say. well maybe in different words. it just seems stupid to say he doesnt believe in abortion cos its murder, yet he thinks its ok to murder someone. why? cos HE thinks the person has no right to live? what makes HIS reason so precious? pffft. just...stupid really.

im not really sure what i htink about abortion. i do know its nothing i would ever choose. i just couldnt live with that decision. i couldnt criticize another woman for making htat choice tho. i would like to believe that the women who choose to have an abortion do it with a heavy heart. cos, to think of someone thinking about life so casually....hurts. but then again. would you really want someone raising a child who doesnt think life is precious?

*sigh*

Comment

Depends on how late. Most states have the definition of 24 weeks for this to be a requirement, which puts the actual number of abortions performed under these rules down pretty low.
                    but I thought most of the uproar was centred on these "late" post-24 week abortions

Comment

A late term abortion is defined as any abortion that is performed past the 20th week of pregnancy. A full term of pregnancy is 37 - 42 weeks in general, so late term is anything past about the halfway point. Suggesting that all late term abortions are 7-8 months of pregnancy is basically a lie.

A definition for late term has not been medically agreed upon however, some sources put late term at 13 weeks, others at 16 weeks. The Journal of American Medical Associations put the definition at the third trimester or 27 weeks.

In the United States around 10% of abortions are performed over the 12 week mark while the figure for over 20 weeks is around 1%. This image of hundreds of thousands of women with huge bellies full of babies getting them sucked out of themselves is a myth perpetuated deliberately to muddy the waters and cause outrage.

On the subject of viability in human pregnancies almost all pregnancies are viable after 27 weeks, none are viable before 20 weeks and anything in between is a grey area.

It is unknown how many women have abortions past certain viability (statistics are not kept for this figure) but an estimate in 1997 but the Gutmacher institute puts the figure at .08% of abortions past 24 weeks.

Almost 60% of abortions are carried out in the first 8 weeks.
                      Im going to have to quote r i z i here when i say:

Originally posted by r i z i View Post
                      yo son

get your dick wet and then get back to us

Comment

Working...
                      X