Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is the UK reducing the size of it's armed forces?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is the UK reducing the size of it's armed forces?

Does anybody know why? I mean Russia are tooling up for something big, anyone can see that, Loonies in pakistan, Iran and everywhere else are getting nukes and yet Brown continues to cut costs, decommision the few nukes the uk has left and basically weaken the defensive capiabilities of the uk to a point where it is becoming pathetic.

I don't understand it.

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
    Does anybody know why? I mean Russia are tooling up for something big, anyone can see that, Loonies in pakistan, Iran and everywhere else are getting nukes and yet Brown continues to cut costs, decommision the few nukes the uk has left and basically weaken the defensive capiabilities of the uk to a point where it is becoming pathetic.

I don't understand it.
    We're bankrupt son.

It all ovaaaa!!!!!

Comment

Well when I last looked the Uk was 5th richest country in the world, It should be able to have a really powerful armed forces if it chose too.

Comment

Originally posted by Infern0 View Post
        Well when I last looked the Uk was 5th richest country in the world, It should be able to have a really powerful armed forces if it chose too.
        We're ****ed, not as bad as the Japs but we're pretty ****ed economically.

Plus half of those loonies you were on about live here anyway so we won't get nuked. We've got more muslims than Palastine.

Comment

....Probably because your Muslim population demands it or something. Maybe it's no longer politically correct to have a strong military in the UK. Maybe a strong military offends your Muslim population. Time to start studying up on the Koran. Muslims will be completely running your country in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
            ....Probably because your Muslim population demands it or something. Maybe it's no longer politically correct to have a strong military in the UK. Maybe a strong military offends your Muslim population. Time to start studying up on the Koran. Muslims will be completely running your country in the near future.
            What a dick.

Comment

Originally posted by PBDS View Post
              true but then UK will cease to be a strong ally of the US.

Comment

economics.

those threats you named can't really threaten britain in a conventional war.

britain is still an island. no one can invade britain successfully.

as far as nukes go , britain still has the trident d5 slbm's they bought from the united states. that's all they really need.

4 vanguards , 16 trident missiles each.

64 trident missiles total. trident d5's carry up to 12 mirv warheads. british version supposedly carry 8 x 475 kiloton mirv's. that's 512 cities.

more than enough nuclear power right there just in the royal navy alone.

Comment

I'm sure it due to lack of funds and priorities. The ol' USofA is going to be cutting its military also. I guarantee it.

Comment

How come russia are getting a biger army then. The US army is already FAR biger than anyone would ever need, so a few cuts wont be too bad for them

Comment

Working...
                    X