No announcement yet.

The band Tool.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spare Moody View Post
    reason #1,343,234,999,343 on why this forum is filled with idiots.

Tool is one of the best bands to come out in the last 20 years. do any of you play instruments? if so, have you ever tried to jam a Tool song? don't even try telling me it was easy to pick up. there are millions of other reasons on why Tool kicks ass but i don't need to make these points right now as that MAIN point i'm making is that you guys are idiots.
    Just because they play and write skilled music does not compute to it being good.

Comment

Originally posted by beecherhq View Post
      Just because they play and write skilled music does not compute to it being good.
      That's not the point he is trying to make at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Spare Moody View Post
        reason #1,343,234,999,343 on why this forum is filled with idiots.

Tool is one of the best bands to come out in the last 20 years. do any of you play instruments? if so, have you ever tried to jam a Tool song? don't even try telling me it was easy to pick up. there are millions of other reasons on why Tool kicks ass but i don't need to make these points right now as that MAIN point i'm making is that you guys are idiots.
        I am sorry Purity.. But I am not an idiot for not liking Tool..

There are Other "thinking man" rock bands that I like.. (System of a Down, Queensryche,Alice in Chains)

It's just a personal choice.. I think TOOL try too hard is all..

Comment

Originally posted by Billolden View Post
          That's not the point he is trying to make at all.
          Yes it is, its one of millions of reasons why tool kicks ass apparently. Learn to read f u c k o.

Comment

just because a musician's skilled, doesn't mean he's good. ok genious burger that's the statement of the century. like i already said, i'm not getting into every reason on why these guys are top notch material but there are plenty more reasons besides the technical ability.

and if a band's technical ability isn't sufficient means to cite quality then you really are only left with personal taste and that doesn't hold a whole lott've ground in a general assessment.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post

There are Other "thinking man" rock bands that I like.. (System of a Down, Queensryche,Alice in Chains)

well it's one thing to say you don't like something. as mentioned in the last post, that's just personal preference and we all have opinions. but to say a band like Tool isn't good is pretty far fetched. when comparing Tool to other bands and saying that they try too hard.......no, i think the better analogy would be that other bands don't try hard enough.

Comment

Yes it is, its one of millions of reasons why tool kicks ass apparently. Learn to read f u c k o.
                no his point was that you all are a bunch of idiots. you must of missed where he said the main point is you're all idiots. He even put the word "MAIN" in all caps to help you. learn to read f u c k o
                Last edited by MonsieurGeorges; 03-17-2009, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post

yeah System of a Down is a real thinking man's band. i can't even believe that **** this thread

Comment

I saw them live and they were good.

I just think theyre bloated and overindulgent, i know they experiment with polyrythyms and tried using fibonnacci timing sequences(i have friends who are major tool-heads) n all that but that alone does not make a good tune. When they get it right i admit they can kick ass but its too few and far between. I've tried listening to their albums and i get really bored by the 4-5th track. Too much fat and not enough meat IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
                      I saw them live and they were good.

I just think theyre bloated and overindulgent, i know they experiment with polyrythyms and tried using fibonnacci timing sequences(i have friends who are major tool-heads) n all that but that alone does not make a good tune. When they get it right i admit they can kick ass but its too few and far between. I've tried listening to their albums and i get really bored by the 4-5th track. Too much fat and not enough meat IMO.
                      see this is a good summary of what kind of band Tool is. It's really not the tunes, it's the live show and the experience

Comment

Working...
                      X