Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Catholic teachings do you not agree with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *~*MalVada*~* View Post
    A person must be baptized as an infant to secure their place in heaven (or prugatory), if a child dies and it's not baptized it goes to hell. A person in general who is not baptized (although a christian) will go to hell.

A couple not married in church, if they die or their children die, they go to hell.

Worshipping/Praying to Mary, and/or other "saints". Reciting certian prayers over and over to secure your place in "heaven". Telling your sins to a priest. All the "miracles" they see(crying Jesus statue, Jesus' face in bread ), it's always catholics. That certain steps in general have to be preformed so that you can go to "heaven" (purgatory). That they have no problem practing witch craft, because they feel it's a "good" witch craft.(mexicans)
    If a christian has not been baptized but had the intention of being baptized in their life, that desire promises salvation. Children who die before being baptized are are in the mercy of God. They are most likely saved because Jesus said "Let the children come to me, do not hinder them,"

You can be married outside the church. It is still recognized as marriage by the Church, it is just not recognized as being a sacrament. So if your married outside church you wont go to hell its not a sin to be married outside the church.

Catholics dont worship Mary or other saints. They pray to them to get some more help from people who are closer with God than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by El Alacrán View Post
      Sexual intercourse is intended between a married man and woman. Sex has two purposes, it has to be unitive and procreative. Birth control prevents procreation and is not unitive because the full person is not being given to the other spouse because of the use of birth control.

Anyways you can have sex without using birth control in marriage without worrying about getting pregnant. The woman only is open to getting pregnant when she is ovulating.

You dont have to stay with your spouse forever, Annulments can be granted if there is proof the marriage is invalid.

I think sex is still beneficial while preventing childbirth. It reduces stress, its good for the mans prostate, it is comforting. The rhythm method is a pretty poor way to prevent childbirth. I just think it is ignorant to ignore modern advances in science and this is just something simple and doesnt have anything to do with a belief in god like a creationism vs evolution related issue. Its the reason they are loosing members of the younger generations because they have so many illogical rules.

It isnt healthy for the woman to keep having so many children, it takes a toll on her body. It also has economical impacts on the family to have to support that many children. The older the mother is the more chance for birth defects.

Finally, something that was recently discovered is that the more older brothers someone has, the higher their statistical chances of being gay. So if they are against gays then maybe they should discourage larger families.

Comment

Its all bull ****ttttttttt!!!! Alomg with the tooth fairy, santa, easter bunny, gost and goblins , there is only hell....the one we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by elfag View Post
          I think sex is still beneficial while preventing childbirth. It reduces stress, its good for the mans prostate, it is comforting. The rhythm method is a pretty poor way to prevent childbirth. I just think it is ignorant to ignore modern advances in science and this is just something simple and doesnt have anything to do with a belief in god like a creationism vs evolution related issue. Its the reason they are loosing members of the younger generations because they have so many illogical rules.

It isnt healthy for the woman to keep having so many children, it takes a toll on her body. It also has economical impacts on the family to have to support that many children. The older the mother is the more chance for birth defects.

Finally, something that was recently discovered is that the more older brothers someone has, the higher their statistical chances of being gay. So if they are against gays then maybe they should discourage larger families.
          Having sex when the woman isnt ovulating helps prevent children. They call that spacing your children if you dont want them all at once or if you just want one.

Comment

A lot of bashing has been going on against God.

Now lets take apart one religion. What do dislike or disagree with?
            Phuck all religion....it's phucken ******ed...they are all a bunch of hipocrates...phuck em all.....

Comment

If a christian has not been baptized but had the intention of being baptized in their life, that desire promises salvation. Children who die before being baptized are are in the mercy of God. They are most likely saved because Jesus said "Let the children come to me, do not hinder them,"

You can be married outside the church. It is still recognized as marriage by the Church, it is just not recognized as being a sacrament. So if your married outside church you wont go to hell its not a sin to be married outside the church.

Catholics dont worship Mary or other saints. They pray to them to get some more help from people who are closer with God than we are.
              you are saying these things, because you personaly don't believe this way,but this is what I have dealt with being married to a husband who's an ex-catholic and his huge family that's still catholic. All three of my children were baptized and it's only cause I didn't want to hear my mother -n-law complain about it and saying they'll go to hell. I've been in this marriage for almost 14 yrs, so I'm not just speaking out of my ass.

The clear truth is, you don't have to be baptized to be "saved".

Comment

John Paul II beatified more people than the sum of his predecessors. We are allegedly in a state of moral decay. Explain.
                Last edited by Mozza; 03-13-2009, 06:10 PM.

Comment

you are saying these things, because you personaly don't believe this way,but this is what I have dealt with being married to a husband who's an ex-catholic and his huge family that's still catholic. All three of my children were baptized and it's only cause I didn't want to hear my mother -n-law complain about it and saying they'll go to hell. I've been in this marriage for almost 14 yrs, so I'm not just speaking out of my ass.

The only clear truth is that you are trooper...dang you a souldja...who stays married for 14 years now a days???? yous legit kid....no lie...

Comment

I do belief this way. I am posting what is taught in the Catholic church. I understand you are talking from experience.

Dont believe what your family tells you. The your going to hell threat isnt practiced anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
                      John Paul II beatified more people than the sum of his predecessors. We are allegedly in a state of moral decay. Explain.
                      The people beatified were people who filled the criteria for being canonized as saints.

As for being in a moral decay, no explanation is really needed. Look around you, racism, pre marital sex, ****ography, euthanasia, abortion, divorce, murder, people turning away from God, etc. etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X