Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percentage wise how positive are you that God does not exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Well, yeah, but if you look directly at it without the polarized Dolce Gabbana shades, it can do some damage to the eyeballs.

Then you know not to **** with Sun cause he'll put a hurtin' on your eyes for looking at it wrong or for too long.
    , true but it is also said that if anyone looks at the bible god they will go blind.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
      , true but it is also said that if anyone looks at the bible god they will go blind.
      Word. How can a Loving God blind his own creation for wanting to take a peek at him?

That's like me trying to see who my real dad was since he left when I was an infant, and when I do catch a glimpse of him he splashes acid in my eyes.

No hug, no kiss, no I Love You for his only begotten son.

What the?

Comment

Originally posted by MindBat
        Word. How can a Loving God blind his own creation for wanting to take a peek at him?

That's like me trying to see who my real dad was since he left when I was an infant, and when I do catch a glimpse of him he splashes acid in my eyes.

What the?
        exactly, the bible god is portrayed as evil and cruel and at the same time they say god forgives everyone, also answer this they say god gave us freewill to do what we want and at the same time they say he knows everything we are going to do before we do it, yet he wont stop the wrongdoers from doing wrongs. so may he likes to watch us mess for enjoyment.

Comment

exactly, the bible god is portrayed as evil and cruel and at the same time they say god forgives everyone, also answer this they say god gave us freewill to do what we want and at the same time they say he knows everything we are going to do before we do it, yet he wont stop the wrongdoers from doing wrongs. so may he likes to watch us mess for enjoyment.
          No one to date has been able to give a straight answer for that contradiction.

Most simply ignore it or change the subject.

Comment

No one to date has been able to give a straight answer for that contradiction.

Most simply ignore it or change the subject.
            exactly why would u test someone when u already know the answer, thats idling when he has hungry and sick ppl to tend too.

Comment

Well pardon my attempt at injecting a little humor into this subject, but it is I who's been commenting, if rather a little unorthodox.

And sorry for coming off as an Ass, but in all seriousness, wouldn't there be some sort of evidence relating to God's son, who many have revered for centuries?

At the very least, there should at least be, or should I say, He could've left a tangible piece of His personal belonging that would be irrefutable proof of his existence so that upon enough scrutinizing investigation, the ultimate conclusion would be that He was in fact a human being, no?
              Ye but then what's the point of faith? That's what atheists refuse to accept at times. That God is totally based on having faith. Which is why asking for evidence doesn't make sense because faith is required and in the Bible, it's written that Jesus intends for his followers to follow him based on faith because that's one of the strongest bonds. As I've said, anything that Jesus did leave by would be deemed "fake". Who's to say that the Shroud of Turin really isn't dated back to Jesus' time and that the carbon dating can be reliable?

Comment

God (as defined by theists) is outside the boundaries of space and time. Therefore, you're assuming God views time as a human would which is not the case. We as humans view time as being linear or basically as always moving forward. As three dimensional beings, we cannot physically see a fourth dimension. If you know anything about science, you'll know that time is a fourth dimension in our universe along with space having three dimensions. We obviously see space's three dimensions because we ourselves are three dimensional.

However, because theists view God as being beyond his creation of space and time, He does not see time as a limited perception the same way we do. He sees past, present and future which is hard to grasp for humans. Therefore, we still have free will but according to Christians, God knows our actions because He doesn't view time the way we do.

You then go on to say he doesn't stop the wrongdoers but wouldn't that negate free will? The reason there is destruction in our world is because of free will. We are free to think and choose our own decisions in this day and age. Therefore, there cannot be only good and free will at the same time. We are given choices and we are responsible for the actions we commit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                  God (as defined by theists) is outside the boundaries of space and time. Therefore, you're assuming God views time as a human would which is not the case. We as humans view time as being linear or basically as always moving forward. As three dimensional beings, we cannot physically see a fourth dimension. If you know anything about science, you'll know that time is a fourth dimension in our universe along with space having three dimensions. We obviously see space's three dimensions because we ourselves are three dimensional.

However, because theists view God as being beyond his creation of space and time, He does not see time as a limited perception the same way we do. He sees past, present and future which is hard to grasp for humans. Therefore, we still have free will but according to Christians, God knows our actions because He doesn't view time the way we do.

You then go on to say he doesn't stop the wrongdoers but wouldn't that negate free will? The reason there is destruction in our world is because of free will. We are free to think and choose our own decisions in this day and age. Therefore, there cannot be only good and free will at the same time. We are given choices and we are responsible for the actions we commit.
                  why did god gives us freewill?

Comment

why did god gives us freewill?
                    Well free will allows us the freedom to make our own decision but yet we are required to be responsible for them. However, that's my view and I cannot tell you what God intends/does not intend. I can only tell you what I believe (or from my own faith of what I believe). Anything beyond that would be untruthful on my part to tell you I know this or that. This is simply my belief.

However, I'm intrigued that you would ask such a question. Why shouldn't we have free will? Would you rather be held by a chain and told what to do or would you rather have the ability to choose what to do?

Comment

Still, the main question seems too elusive to answer regarding God's loving creation and its ultimate destruction by death at His command.

Still don't understand.

Where does faith fit into this?

Comment

Working...
                      X