Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Percentage wise how positive are you that God does not exist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
    Christopher Hitchens makes alot of sense, but he also goes waaay over the top and got his arse handed to him by Dinesh D'Souza in a debate on youtube.
    That's a matter of opinion. Many say that he owned D'Souza.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
      Christopher Hitchens makes alot of sense, but he also goes waaay over the top and got his arse handed to him by Dinesh D'Souza in a debate on youtube.
      Did he? I got to see this! If this is true then Vlad's claim goes right out the door...Since Hitchens supposedly thinks like Vlad, let's see Vlad's opinions (AKA Hitchens)...

Comment

• Htichens is a total fat drunk.

Comment

• Seeing as this thread may go on for, oh I don't know, like forever --
          can someone explain Why would God ask Abraham to kill his son in order to prove his faith and if God does ask people to sin, how are you to know that direction comes from Him?

Couldn't God have chosen a more loving and fun challenge to test the faith of Abraham?

Couldn't he have simply stranded Abraham on an island like "Survivor" and see how he handled the challenges until he passed the test?

Another thing. Why couldn't the Bible have been written in a more humorous and light-hearted tone rather than the fear inducing words depicted in it?

Just askin.'

Comment

• Originally posted by dadon5 View Post
            I can answer this question from an Islamic view..

God created good and bad, it is your job to find the good side in every situation, He created the devil to test you.. Life is your test.. If you give into the Devil and his ways your whole life you go to the Ring of fire when you pass away... If you can brush the devil off in every situation and seek God through everything then you go to the Paradise when you die.. It really makes sense he is testing your will..
            I don't know much about this crap and NO I haven't read the Bible. I still have the book but it is too boring for me to get into and it isn't direct. A sentence could mean alot of things and one of the meanings can contradict another, so I see no point but anyway, how can GOD possibly have created the devil?

I know he created Lucifer but how come he didn't know Lucifer would trun against him? Yet you say, "He created the devil to test you" This must all be a game to GOD eh?

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
              Seeing as this thread may go on for, oh I don't know, like forever --
              can someone explain Why would God ask Abraham to kill his son in order to prove his faith and if God does ask people to sin, how are you to know that direction comes from Him?

Couldn't God have chosen a more loving and fun challenge to test the faith of Abraham?

Couldn't he have simply stranded Abraham on an island like "Survivor" and see how he handled the challenges until he passed the test?

Another thing. Why couldn't the Bible have been written in a more humorous and light-hearted tone rather than the fear inducing words depicted in it?

Just askin.'

The bible has too many flaws.. That's why Islam is the true way..

God does not ask people to sin, when people sin that is the Devil making them do that.. God made the Devil to test people and see who can overcome evil and who falls in to the evil..

Comment

• Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
                I don't know much about this crap and NO I haven't read the Bible. I still have the book but it is too boring for me to get into and it isn't direct. A sentence could mean alot of things and one of the meanings can contradict another, so I see no point but anyway, how can GOD possibly have created the devil?

I know he created Lucifer but how come he didn't know Lucifer would trun against him? Yet you say, "He created the devil to test you" This must all be a game to GOD eh?
                Yes i know people don't want to hear it , but in a way this is just a game.. Look at it, what other reason do we have to be alive???

But it's not just a game for God to have fun, because if you play his so called "Game" and overcome the devil you will get rewarded after you die...

The universe is huge i can guarentee there is other things living on different planets.. God created them knowing we can never communicate with them, but he wants us to know there is other planets in the universe that is a sign that god is real..

Can anyone tell me a better reason why thre are so many planets and stars in the universe? It was not an accident.. God made all of it. And each planet are different kinds of living species he is trying to see what type of living things can live together better.. Before us it was Dinosaurs.. That did not work so he is trying humans now.. And we are killing eachother.. So after we die or god blows up our sun he will just use different experiments on different planets..
                Last edited by Amir K Shareef; 02-08-2009, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vladimir303 View Post
                  That's a matter of opinion. Many say that he owned D'Souza.
                  Originally posted by Sugar-Mosley123 View Post
                  Did he? I got to see this! If this is true then Vlad's claim goes right out the door...Since Hitchens supposedly thinks like Vlad, let's see Vlad's opinions (AKA Hitchens)...
                  It is absolutely a matter of opinion. But Hitchens takes it too far. The debate was about whether Christianity is good. Hitchens stated all the bad stuff without acknowledging the good.

It was ages ago since i watched it, but at one point Hitchens got all flustered.

Atheism vs Theism is like scissor, paper, stone.
                  Last edited by The Noose; 02-08-2009, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Yes i know people don't want to hear it , but in a way this is just a game.. Look at it, what other reason do we have to be alive???

But it's not just a game for God to have fun, because if you play his so called "Game" and overcome the devil you will get rewarded after you die...
                    Well I don't worship Satan. I try my best to enjoy life, even though we live in a f.ucked up society where we're all slaves but we don't even know it. I'm really not sure if there is a GOD or not but when you watch Animal Planet or Discovery Channel and you see how beautiful nature is, you start believing someone is responsible for it. Not to mention, the difference between every religion is like what? 15% or is it less? So possibly, something has to be right

Comment

The universe is huge i can guarentee there is other things living on different planets.. God created them knowing we can never communicate with them, but he wants us to know there is other planets in the universe that is a sign that god is real..

Can anyone tell me a better reason why thre are so many planets and stars in the universe? It was not an accident.. God made all of it. And each planet are different kinds of living species he is trying to see what type of living things can live together better.. Before us it was Dinosaurs.. That did not work so he is trying humans now.. And we are killing eachother.. So after we die or god blows up our sun he will just use different experiments on different planets..
                      You do make GOD sound like a dictator

Comment

Working...
                      X