Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a suitable punishment/help for someone who suffers from Pedophilia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon guys, they "cant" help that they are "attracted" to minors. Its perfectly natural, it was how shall we say, the way they were born. As long as they dont act on their urges everything should be fine right, just check with NAMBLA on that, they will agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
      Your take on a good and fair punishment for someone who abuses children. Should they have psychiatry help, jail time (how long?) Their balls cut off or what? Look at it from your moral standpoints and from a logical standpoint.
      Exile... They should be sent to an island away from everyone else.. and they can live together and write stories.. No internet.. and no one under the age of 18 please.. let them work and otherwise live normal productive lives..

Attempting to escape the island is death.. no questions asked..

Comment

Pedophiles as in kiddie **** downloaders? Castration. Something that will remove their sexual impulses.

Actual child molestors, i'd say Death or Castration without anaesthetic.

Comment

Death penalty. Straight up.

Some people just don't deserve to breathe.

Comment

Here's the question: Is child molesting a crime or is it a pathology? All the information I have seen seems to suggest a pathological urge which the molester is unable to control, so I would suggest we treat them in the same way we treat all pathological criminals, and that is to incarcerate them in a secure hospital for psychiatric treatment until such time as there are no symptoms (which could be indefinite). It's clear that criminal justice is not helpful in dealing with paedophiles so we need to look at something else.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Here's the question: Is child molesting a crime or is it a pathology? All the information I have seen seems to suggest a pathological urge which the molester is unable to control, so I would suggest we treat them in the same way we treat all pathological criminals, and that is to incarcerate them in a secure hospital for psychiatric treatment until such time as there are no symptoms (which could be indefinite). It's clear that criminal justice is not helpful in dealing with paedophiles so we need to look at something else.
              There should be a distinction between pathological impulses and tendencies, in the sense that we should not give the same leniency someone who is a pedophile as we do to people who are suicide risks or has schizophrenia. Pedophiles are still fully cognitive of their problems and how wrong they are. I don't give a fuck what type of excuse is brought forward. Most of these kind of people are able to fully function in society without having their so-called pathology impede their day to day activities. The same can't be said for a schizo case or a number of people in mental wards.

Comment

Yes. Death by wild boars would be that "something else", I figure.

Comment

Why not Exile???? I am not kidding.. a pedophile Mini Australia..

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                    There should be a distinction between pathological impulses and tendencies, in the sense that we should not give the same leniency someone who is a pedophile as we do to people who are suicide risks or has schizophrenia. Pedophiles are still fully cognitive of their problems and how wrong they are. I don't give a fuck what type of excuse is brought forward. Most of these kind of people are able to fully function in society without having their so-called pathology impede their day to day activities. The same can't be said for a schizo case or a number of people in mental wards.
                    They say that when you are young.. if you are not a liberal.. You have no heart... That is just cold man..

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
                      As it stands they are dealt with by the criminal justice system which means that once their sentence is served they are released, whether they are rehabilitated or not.

People who cross from having paedophile tendencies into acting on these tendencies tend to engage in a degree of self delusion, they often believe that their victims are willing participants. They are suffering from a pathology which puts other people at risk. By medicalising the condition we protect society which is surely the most important factor.

Comment

Working...
                      X