Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The American System of Tipping is by far the best!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Counterpoint: You go to a pub in Britain and tip the barstaff well on your first round and you are GUARANTEED to be served first for the rest of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
      When I was in Europe and went to a restaurant, the service was awful. Same in New Zealand. Instead of being an opportunity to make money, you are seen as a pain in the ass in the eyes of the servers, who are never tipped and paid on a mediocre hourly wage. They are slow to serve you and generally rude. In the two days I was in France the rudeness was magnified. My buddy who spent a week in France a few years back said he went to two places where they refused to serve him[bold] because he was American[/bold]. I guess they were ballin so hard that they didn't need the money. The system of waiters, bellman, bartenders etc., earning your ensures MUCH better customer service. Plus a server/bartender can make so much more money this way. There is a reason we expect and demand good customer service here, Euros/Brits/Kiwis need to pay attention.
      It's cause u were American...

Comment

I assume they tip in your region, especially being so close to the states??
        They tip in Canada. It sucks in clubs though as you basically HAVE to tip or you don't get your drink!

Comment

You go to clubs??? I used to like them five years ago but now they are way too loud and cramped for my liking. I'm turning into a fogey.
          Not been for a few years come to think of it. And when I do go we get there early. To get a table.

AGING ROCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Counterpoint: You go to a pub in Britain and tip the barstaff well on your first round and you are GUARANTEED to be served first for the rest of the night.
            Pretty much true in all the bars I have been here in the States as well.

Comment

Working...
            X