Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should people who voted for George W. Bush be allowed to vote in this election??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
    Have you had a look at the voter fraud ACORN has been committing lately? And last time I checked, we don't elect a President based solely on votes. I think we have something called an electoral college, something you guys tried to do away with after 2000.

I didn't vote for Bush either time, but I damn sure would have instead of Mr. "I invented the internet," and that phony Kerry. Considering 9/11, the current mortgage crisis (which was caused by clowns like Frank Raines, Barney Frank, etc,) oil prices soaring to 146 bucks (because the do nothing Democratic Congress won't let us drill,) etc, he hasn't done nearly as bad a job as you democraps would like to believe.

...ACORN is the shadiest organization ever. We had some asshat admit to working for them for years on here.

Nevada state authorities seized records and computers Tuesday from the Las Vegas office of an organization that tries to get low-income people registered to vote, after fielding complaints of voter fraud.

Bob Walsh, spokesman for the Nevada secretary of state's office, told FOXNews.com the raid was prompted by ongoing complaints about "erroneous" registration information being submitted by the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, also called ACORN.

The group was submitting the information through a voter sign-up drive known as Project Vote.

"Some of them used nonexistent names, some of them used false addresses and some of them were duplicates of previously filed applications," Walsh said, describing the complaints, which largely came from the registrar in Clark County, Nev.

Secretary of State Ross Miller said the fraudulent registrations included forms for the starting lineup of the Dallas Cowboys football team.

"Tony Romo is not registered to vote in the state of Nevada, and anybody trying to pose as Terrell Owens won't be able to cast a ballot on Nov. 4," Miller said.

Walsh said agents from both the secretary of state's office and Nevada attorney general's office conducted the raid at 9:30 a.m. local time, and "took a bunch of stuff." Miller's office reported seizing eight computer hard drives and about 20 boxes of documents.

Bertha Lewis, interim chief organizer for ACORN, released a statement saying the group has for months been turning over any suspicious registration information to elections officials. She said those officials routinely ignored their tips, and called the raid a "stunt."

"When we have identified suspicious applications, we have separated them out and flagged them for election officials. We have zero tolerance for fraudulent registrations. We immediately dismiss employees we suspect of submitting fraudulent registrations," she said. "Today's raid by the secretary of state's office is a stunt that serves no useful purpose other than discredit our work registering Nevadans and distracting us from the important work ahead of getting every eligible voter to the polls."

Neither the group, which hires canvassers to register voters, nor any employees have been charged or arrested for fraud or other crimes, said Miller, a Democrat.

But it's not the first time ACORN's been under investigation for registration irregularities. The raid is the latest of at least nine investigations into possible fraudulent voter registration forms submitted by ACORN -- the probes have involved ACORN workers in Wisconsin, New Mexico, Indiana and other states.

In response to the Las Vegas raid, Republican Nevada Sen. John Ensign and seven other senators penned a letter to the Federal Housing Finance Agency calling for the suspension of taxpayer dollars to "controversial groups like ACORN." The letter referred to contributions that potentially could come from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac under the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008.

In 2006, ACORN also committed what Washington Secretary of State Sam Reed called the "worse case of election fraud" in the state's history.

In the case, ACORN submitted just over 1,800 new voter registration forms, and all but six of the 1,800 names were fake.

More recently, 27,000 registrations handled by the group from January to July 2008 "went into limbo because they were incomplete, inaccurate, or fraudulent," said James Terry, chief public advocate at the Consumers Rights League.

Comment

Now Missouri and Ohio are under federal investigation for voter fraud. ACORN and various other democratic organizations are submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registrations.
      Democrats have gotten away with this **** for so long, I just can't believe the authorities are actually pursuing this.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK BURTON View Post
        Now Missouri and Ohio are under federal investigation for voter fraud. ACORN and various other democratic organizations are submitting thousands of fraudulent voter registrations.
        Democrats have gotten away with this **** for so long, I just can't believe the authorities are actually pursuing this.
        If Obama wins legitimately, fine. As long as he doesn't let his friends, associates and mentors Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger, Rashid Khalidi, Khalid Al-Monsour, Frank Marshall Davis or Tony Rezko influence his decisions or run any part of his administration, fine. As long as he doesn't follow through with his plans to tax the hell out of the companies that provide most of the jobs in this country, causing double digit unemployment, fine. As long as he doesn't further burden this country with socialized medicine, fine. As long as he doesn't yank us out of Iraq, only to send us to Pakistan and Afghanistan, fine. As long as he doesn't appoint Supreme Court Justices that will take away the 2nd Amendment, fine.

Personally, I wouldn't feel safe letting Obama drive my car. Giving him the keys to this country scares the hell out of me. I know a couple of people that are celebrating the end of Capitalism in this country and the beginning of worldwide communism. I sure as hell hope they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
          If Obama wins legitimately, fine. As long as he doesn't let his friends, associates and mentors Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Michael Pfleger, Rashid Khalidi, Khalid Al-Monsour, Frank Marshall Davis or Tony Rezko influence his decisions or run any part of his administration, fine. As long as he doesn't follow through with his plans to tax the hell out of the companies that provide most of the jobs in this country, causing double digit unemployment, fine. As long as he doesn't further burden this country with socialized medicine, fine. As long as he doesn't yank us out of Iraq, only to send us to Pakistan and Afghanistan, fine. As long as he doesn't appoint Supreme Court Justices that will take away the 2nd Amendment, fine.

Personally, I wouldn't feel safe letting Obama drive my car. Giving him the keys to this country scares the hell out of me. I know a couple of people that are celebrating the end of Capitalism in this country and the beginning of worldwide communism. I sure as hell hope they're wrong.
          With a Democratic control of the house and senate and a liberal president. If they pass what they want to, they are going to make Carter look good.

Comment

No new president since FDR will have taken this country over in such piss poor condition after eight years of gross mismanagement. It's like a coach taking over a team that was 1-15. I know that I'll sleep better if I know that Caribou Barbie is far away from DC. She is absolutely frightening. The thought of that stupid ***** having any chance to take control of this country has me actually wishing McCain picked Romney or even Giuliani instead.

Comment

god this has to be THE stupidest topic ever created on any fourm ever. im mean seriously dude are you really this f'ing stupid? i mean if you say that the people that voted for Bush cant vote that would be more than half the eligable voters so that would pretty much just leave blacks to vote and wtf would that accomplish? They'd vote in any con man off the street (obama) because he can toss a few words around and sweet talk people into makeing them believe the **** that hes trying to sell...

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Made View Post
                god this has to be THE stupidest topic ever created on any fourm ever. im mean seriously dude are you really this f'ing stupid? i mean if you say that the people that voted for Bush cant vote that would be more than half the eligable voters so that would pretty much just leave blacks to vote and wtf would that accomplish? They'd vote in any con man off the street (obama) because he can toss a few words around and sweet talk people into makeing them believe the **** that hes trying to sell...
                Just like Bush-wacko in his youth cried to Papa not to send him to Nam and years later talks a big war in Iraq???

Is that it???

Of course Bush kind are natural liars and warmongers...

Not to mention cowards....

It's just sad Americans are also NATURALLY STUPID to fall for people who can sweet talk them and by appearances...

Although they're now paying for it by suffering a decade-long recession..

So it that it dude??

Comment

Come on man. As much as I dislike George Bush, to say that people who voted for him shouldn't be allowed to vote is absurd. We might as well just have a fucking monarchy.

Comment

It is perfectly legitimate to call attention, as McCain has done, to Obama’s lack of conventional national and international policymaking experience. We, too, wish he had more of it. But office-holding is not the only kind of experience relevant to the task of leading a wildly variegated nation. Obama’s immersion in diverse human environments (Hawaii’s racial rainbow, Chicago’s racial cauldron, countercultural New York, middle-class Kansas, predominantly Muslim Indonesia), his years of organizing among the poor, his taste of corporate law and his grounding in public-interest and constitutional law—these, too, are experiences. And his books show that he has wrung from them every drop of insight and breadth of perspective they contained.

The exhaustingly, sometimes infuriatingly long campaign of 2008 (and 2007) has had at least one virtue: it has demonstrated that Obama’s intelligence and steady temperament are not just figments of the writer’s craft. He has made mistakes, to be sure. (His failure to accept McCain’s imaginative proposal for a series of unmediated joint appearances was among them.) But, on the whole, his campaign has been marked by patience, planning, discipline, organization, technological proficiency, and strategic astuteness. Obama has often looked two or three moves ahead, relatively impervious to the permanent hysteria of the hourly news cycle and the cable-news shouters. And when crisis has struck, as it did when the divisive antics of his ex-pastor threatened to bring down his campaign, he has proved equal to the moment, rescuing himself with a speech that not only drew the poison but also demonstrated a profound respect for the electorate. Although his opponents have tried to attack him as a man of “mere” words, Obama has returned eloquence to its essential place in American politics. The choice between experience and eloquence is a false one––something that Lincoln, out of office after a single term in Congress, proved in his own campaign of political and national renewal. Obama’s “mere” speeches on everything from the economy and foreign affairs to race have been at the center of his campaign and its success; if he wins, his eloquence will be central to his ability to govern.

We cannot expect one man to heal every wound, to solve every major crisis of policy. So much of the Presidency, as they say, is a matter of waking up in the morning and trying to drink from a fire hydrant. In the quiet of the Oval Office, the noise of immediate demands can be deafening. And yet Obama has precisely the temperament to shut out the noise when necessary and concentrate on the essential. The election of Obama—a man of mixed ethnicity, at once comfortable in the world and utterly representative of twenty-first-century America—would, at a stroke, reverse our country’s image abroad and refresh its spirit at home. His ascendance to the Presidency would be a symbolic culmination of the civil- and voting-rights acts of the nineteen-sixties and the century-long struggles for equality that preceded them. It could not help but say something encouraging, even exhilarating, about the country, about its dedication to tolerance and inclusiveness, about its fidelity, after all, to the values it proclaims in its textbooks. At a moment of economic calamity, international perplexity, political failure, and battered morale, America needs both uplift and realism, both change and steadiness. It needs a leader temperamentally, intellectually, and emotionally attuned to the complexities of our troubled globe. That leader’s name is Barack Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by RunW/Knives View Post
                      Would you just die already?

You're the thickest, most pretentious condescending dickhead on this forum. lol every single issue you oppose, is accompanied by lame 1 line statements that end up being total cliches.

"That's the smartest thing you've typed"

"If you don't know that, you don't know blah"

Stop the broken record bull**** and please stop playing opposition party in every single political thread. If it's another liberal wash thread like this one....or another of Sin's "gems".............there you are.

Sucking Obama's ****.

Not really. Although it may appear that way to the less intelligent on this site, of which there are many. Stupid people who think they know it all are often resentful towards people who are clearly better informed than they. It's ok. I forgive you...

Comment

Working...
                      X