Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$700 billion bailout bill just got rejected!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
    that you in the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
      i'm not really sure but the potential of complete disaster is definitely on the verge. granted, the main opposition towards this bill is people saying to leave the banks alone, let them suffer, and the economy will naturally rebound.

it sounds nice and fair and of course there IS potential for the economy, and the banks, to recover. but there's now potential of a much greater disaster that could surpass the Great Depression.

a lot of these large banks (Washington Mutual, Wachovia, Lehman) were taken over by other larger banks who haven't taken as bad of a beating (Bank of America, JP/Chase, Citi).

my question is how many of these huge banks were counting on the bailout to help relieve them in the acquisition? will this disease spread to our largest financial institutions now? if so, we're screwed beyond screwed.
      Classical Economists say the Government should stay out that there will be a reforme of wealth. And that it will begin with the next upturn. "if that ever happens."

Keyasian Economists are pissing in their pants, predicting the end of the world.

I think Chase, Jp morgan and a few others are going to get beyond filthy, and into down right nasty rich. There will probably be some uber powerful fincancial institutions about.

keyasian Economists

Comment

to tell u guys honestly they are lying about 700 billion. it's actually three times the amount. 700 billion is just a cover up so that people wont panic.

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
          Classical Economists say the Government should stay out that there will be a reforme of wealth. And that it will begin with the next upturn. "if that ever happens."

Keyasian Economists are pissing in their pants, predicting the end of the world.

I think Chase, Jp morgan and a few others are going to get beyond filthy, and into down right nasty rich. There will probably be some uber powerful fincancial institutions about.

keyasian Economists
          they'll eventually get deregulated if that happens.

dude, i decided to host a Collapsing American Economy Party on thursday night. you should roll. it's BYOB but we're doin the cookin. got about 30 confirmed peeps rollin already.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou View Post
            yep, beer and pizza diet. prob have angioplasty soon
            hahaha!! well it's better than my beer and leftover 5 layer cake from my 30th birthday party diet. ****, my friend Vanessa called me up just now and said i bit her real hard on the nose that night and she has a bruise.

i rule.

Comment

I don't have much to say on this subject because anybody who claims to really understand the economy or claim to know what is best for it is lying. People dedicate their lives to studying it and still end up without a clue, as is apparent by the recent leaked audio tape.

I've only this to say:

While I don't support or hate that bailout plan that failed (as I said, I've no real true, deep understanding of our economy so I wont just jump on board some train), the fact that it failed because some people claimed Nancy Pelosi's speech was partisan makes me want to vomit. If you don't like the bill or idea, that's fine, that's why you were elected. But if you're shooting down a piece of legislation because somebody said something you didn't like?

I'm sorry, that's as good as treason in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn. Howdy View Post
                they'll eventually get deregulated if that happens.

dude, i decided to host a Collapsing American Economy Party on thursday night. you should roll. it's BYOB but we're doin the cookin. got about 30 confirmed peeps rollin already.
                wouldn't be a bad idea if i didn't have class fri morning. I'm too old to do it like the kids do. ****ers baffle me with the partying / study ratio. Then again their grades suck.

If we hit depression status, I'm looting newport beach.
                down?

Comment

Originally posted by KingDosia View Post
                  wouldn't be a bad idea if i didn't have class fri morning. I'm too old to do it like the kids do. ****ers baffle me with the partying / study ratio. Then again their grades suck.

If we hit depression status, I'm looting newport beach.
                  down?

let's just do that regardless. matter of fact, i'd prefer just taking over balboa island. you should roll by anyways. don't hafta drink much, or at all. thing is, most people say that they can't party but roll by anyways and still hava good time because nobody (except me of course) can drink too much cause they gotta werk. so everyone's out by 10:00. that's why the weekday cook nights are such a hit. it started off with 10 peeps and it gets bigger each time i do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X