Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most beautiful cities in the uk.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for my current home, Winchester. Lot's of history, beautiful setting, lovely cathedral, just way too many people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
      We've got beautiful cities. Mostly cathedral cities, but they are mostly beautiful.
      Well i foud mos of the british cities I visted or lived in to be ****e Holes...

I have been to Leicester, Coventry, Nottingham.Birmingham, Stoke On trent,Peterborough, Norwich, London, Northhampton, Milton Keynes, Bristol, Bath, Yarmouth and Dover ..

Sorry I Disagree.. they are Red Brick ****holes.. desinged for a world that hasn't existed in nearly 100 years.. they are too small and EVERYTHING looks exactly the same..

Comment

I voted Edinburgh. The place is ****ing gorgeous. It has the "Old town", and the "New town", one steeped in History and tradition, the other more like a modern day city centre.

The place feels safe, and the surroundings are stunning. Especially with the fantastic Edinburgh castle overlooking proceedings in the city centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
          I voted for my current home, Winchester. Lot's of history, beautiful setting, lovely cathedral, just way too many people.
          Never been, but my brother has, and said it was full of twats from the Army acting hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
            I voted Edinburgh. The place is ****ing gorgeous. It has the "Old town", and the "New town", one steeped in History and tradition, the other more like a modern day city centre.

The place feels safe, and the surroundings are stunning. Especially with the fantastic Edinburgh castle overlooking proceedings in the city centre.
            yes, the Old Town is beautiful I love when I'm up there plus the castle over looking princess street is beautiful, but I hate the scummy chavs you get in the rough areas ruining the place, Arthur Seat is probably the best place in the city, i used to go up running there at weekends and the views you get are amazing

Comment

For sheer beauty, only Oxford, Bristol and Durham should be on the list.

Comment

Cambridge, York, Bath, parts of Oxford, Edinburgh, Chester there are a lot of attractive cities in the UK. Not Manchester though.

Comment

Bath. Last time I went there I saw Romans.

Comment

The Cathedral cities are a good feature of England (and they're closely matched by the smaller historic cities in Scotland and Wales). I certainly missed them when I was abroad.

Only problem is tourism. Loads of French/Spanish/Italian schoolkids getting in the way.

Comment

The more rural areas in Scotland & Wales are hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X