Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jordan vs Kobe in their Primes - MJ speaks!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jordan.......kobe is the next best thing though.......

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
      jordan.......kobe is the next best thing though.......
      And that is saying SO much. Why can't that be enough for Kobe fans? I mean in a list that contains Magic, Kareem, Byrd, West, Chamberlain etc, etc, He is easily second, why reach so hard to find an angle you can use to compare him to MJ? He's just not..

Comment

Kobe would reach.......

MJ would teach.

Comment

yeah....kobe has been my idol since always, lol, but he aint no MJ, no one is like Mike.....not even close.

Comment

what separates mj from kobe is that kobe never developed his go to move that would allow him to score or be unstoppable in a much more consistent & proficient manner like

MJ's turnaround fade away

Kareem's sky hook

Hakeem's dream shake

MJ's fade away was automatic & unstoppable & saved MJ a lot of mileage on MJ'S knees trying to dunk & drive his way to score points.

Thats why lebron will never come close to MJ or even Kobe & why dwight howard will never be as great of a center.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              yeah....kobe has been my idol since always, lol, but he aint no MJ, no one is like Mike.....not even close.
              Talent wise Kobe is a godsend for Laker fans and the NBA as a whole. It was hard to watch Jordan on his way out. I was a Laker fan then, but seeing MJ play for the Wizards and **** was depressing. It will be equally sad to watch Kobe go, more because my team will fall to **** than because of and end of an era though.
              I don't get mad when discussing the two in comparison, but some people just can't stay in the realm of reality with this topic. Number two means you are one bad ass baller, I mean BAD ASS, baller, and destined to be a great. But trying to make the object being measured longer than the tool used to measure such objects is asinine.
              I do love to watch Kobe work though. It's just not quite as awe inspiring as it was to watch Jordan, not quite.

Comment

Originally posted by GetSumBrah View Post
                what separates mj from kobe is that kobe never developed his go to move that would allow him to score or be unstoppable in a much more consistent & proficient manner like

MJ's turnaround fade away

Kareem's sky hook

Hakeem's dream shake

MJ's fade away was automatic & unstoppable & saved MJ a lot of mileage on MJ'S knees trying to dunk & drive his way to score points.

Thats why lebron will never come close to MJ or even Kobe & why dwight howard will never be as great of a center.
                He's got his foul drawing jumper. He does that about as well as Mike did.

Comment

but that **** is wack. obviosuly most of it is superstar calls IMO.

Right now though, no one ****s with kobe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                    Kobe came straight outta highschool.. Jordan played college. You put them into perspective skill wise and Kobe is better..
                    Jordan also always had Pippen and some good supporting players.. Kobe.. not so much.
                    Oh really?

Kobe had Shaq, Glen Rice, Derek Fisher, and RICK FOX in his first NBA Championship.

And now he has Gasol, Odom, Ariza and still has Fisher with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
                      Kobe came straight outta highschool.. Jordan played college. You put them into perspective skill wise and Kobe is better..
                      Jordan also always had Pippen and some good supporting players.. Kobe.. not so much.
                      He also had Ron Harper who would have been 'the other MJ' if he hadn't hurt his knees so early in his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X