Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone play guitar/any other instrument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I've played off an on for about 4 years, I have a schecter c1 classic.

Comment

I kick ass on guitar, mandolin, bass, and drums. I also spin records at the local clubs, mostly breakbeats, house, and trance.

Comment

Nice, i got an Ibanez RG and an ESP LTD EC-1000.

Comment

Teaching myself guitar, mostly rock. Played piano for 10 years, mostly classical and jazz.

Comment

I play the saxophone professionally, and was a full-time touring musician (keys and sax) for 15 years. I have had two major label deals, owned a record company for 2 years, and had the great honor to perform with James Brown in Seattle in 2001.

Pics from this summer:

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
              I play the saxophone professionally, and was a full-time touring musician (keys and sax) for 15 years. I have had two major label deals, owned a record company for 2 years, and had the great honor to perform with James Brown in Seattle in 2001.

Pics from this summer:

James Brown!!

You lucky ****, he was a legend. I saw him perform twice, he was great.

I play guitar, who doesn't! I also refurb old/cheep guitars in my spare time. I give them custom paintjobs and electrics. I tried playing piano earlier this year but I just don't have time to practise another instrument anymore.

Comment

I play the guitar, harmonica, banjo and piano.

Mostly interested in blues guitar. I play a steel body Galveston resonator guitar (found at a pawn shop) that I bought a custom nut for to raise the action and i play open tuning slide guitar.

I also own An Epiphone Les Paul, A Fender Telecaster, A Takamine Acoustic/Electric, A jumbo body Black Gibson Acoustic, a Yamaha classical guitar and an 80 year old 3/4 size guitar called a "Laredo" that I take with me when I travel.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamboboy View Post
                  James Brown!!

You lucky ****, he was a legend. I saw him perform twice, he was great.
                  The singer in my band at the time had an apartment right next to Jerry Poindexter's sister. We spent an afternoon getting baked with the JB's, they invited me to a jam session that night at their hotel, and one thing led to another. Friday and Saturday night I found myself onstage at the Paramount Hotel in a borrowed JB's tracksuit for a couple of numbers and even got to rip a solo on "Super Bad," trading fours with various members of the JB Horns. I was dating a gorgeous black girl at the time; she thought I was God.

The other guy in the picture with the two saxophonists, BTW, is my former teacher, Jerry Smith. He's worked with the Stones, Brian Setzer, Steely Dan, and a ton of blues and R&B artists. I wanted to be him a few years ago but I've changed my mind, since. Life on the road sucks.

Comment

That's amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
                      The singer in my band at the time had an apartment right next to Jerry Poindexter's sister. We spent an afternoon getting baked with the JB's, they invited me to a jam session that night at their hotel, and one thing led to another. Friday and Saturday night I found myself onstage at the Paramount Hotel in a borrowed JB's tracksuit for a couple of numbers and even got to rip a solo on "Super Bad," trading fours with various members of the JB Horns. I was dating a gorgeous black girl at the time; she thought I was God.

The other guy in the picture with the two saxophonists, BTW, is my former teacher, Jerry Smith. He's worked with the Stones, Brian Setzer, Steely Dan, and a ton of blues and R&B artists. I wanted to be him a few years ago but I've changed my mind, since. Life on the road sucks.
                      Thats an awesome story, I always look back now and wish that I would have realized when i was young that it was cool and not dorky to play a big band instrument.

I would kill to able to play a trumpet or a sax. I picked up the harmonica instead.

Comment

Working...
                      X