Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the word N.igger offend you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on WHO says it and what their reasoning behind it would be.

Comment

if a person is offended by the word ******, than, is the word cr*cker also offensive? you can't be on just one and not the other.

and you shouldn't say whitey without expecting to be called blackie. and vice verse.

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
        if a person is offended by the word ******, than, is the word cr*cker also offensive? you can't be on just one and not the other.

and you shouldn't say whitey without expecting to be called blackie. and vice verse.
        The historical significance of the N word is much, much stronger than the word cracker. Cracker is a word used in the 20's and onwards, more amongst blacks than anything else. Ni*ger was used against slaves in the fields and everywhere else for hundreds of years.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
          The historical significance of the N word is much, much stronger than the word cracker. Cracker is a word used in the 20's and onwards, more amongst blacks than anything else. Ni*ger was used against slaves in the fields and everywhere else for hundreds of years.
          there is worst insults.

ask al-Mutanabe about it

Comment

I chose the fifth option.

And don't let anyone tell you "you wouldn't say that to my face." No one raises a storm upon hearing that word. They bow their head in shame.

Decency requires it only to be used when someone acts too cocky.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
              Those blacks are dummies and don't realize that nigga is used to take the 'bite' out of the word nigger. If we turned it into a taboo to say, it would give all the more power to white people who choose to say it.

It's like changing the meaning behind something in order for the word 'nigger' to have less power, to be less potent.. You know?
              Fair. I recently had a spat with a jegin friend who expressed resentment that I pronounce the 'r'. I reminded him that I've worked for thirty years on my diction, and so am incapable of dropping a final consonant.

Comment

The word ****** offends me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenSnake View Post
                  The word ****** offends me.
                  ******s offend me.

Comment

Originally posted by kayjay View Post
                    Fair. I recently had a spat with a jegin friend who expressed resentment that I pronounce the 'r'. I reminded him that I've worked for thirty years on my diction, and so am incapable of dropping a final consonant.

....ha ha ha It's a word that I have used in the past and it never feels good to say it. When dropping the final consonant it does change the meaning and the tone and I have used that one in the past on my select black friends with no discomfort on my part or theirs. I have never used either around my kids and my son only picked it up while watching "Rush Hour" and hearing Jackie chan calling Chris Tucker "my n*****". I explained what it meant, the origins, and that Chan meant it in a friendly sort of way. I also told him that he was to never use either one.

Drewcyfer used to work with a black chick who used to say "bye Ni***" every time she hung up the phone with him. Apparently she got so hooked on it that she used it on some people that it was inappropriate for on accident. Oops!!

Comment

Working...
                    X