• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    Give an example.

Science and the bible:

http://www.clarifyingchristianity.com/science.shtml
    Talking snakes, walking on water, virgin births and the dead coming back to life.....etc.

Comment

• ...and thousands of eyewitnesses to confirm it. Only God could do those miracles that Jesus Christ did.

Comment

• No Flaming on here and being a friend to BIGPOPPA is a sure fire way to get to heaven.

Comment

...and thousands of eyewitnesses to confirm it. Only God could do those miracles that Jesus Christ did.
          David Copperfield flying had more eye witness's, plus he made the statue of liberty dissapear.

Comment

• David Copperfield performs illusions. They aren't real. How many people has David Copperfield healed? How many blind has he caused to see? How many lame have been made to walk? How many dead has he raised? Has He died and rose from the dead?

It's much different than david copperfield.

Comment

David Copperfield performs illusions. They aren't real. How many people has David Copperfield healed? How many blind has he caused to see? How many lame have been made to walk? How many dead has he raised? Has He died and rose from the dead?

Yet the only proof is word of mouth.

Comment

David Copperfield performs illusions. They aren't real. How many people has David Copperfield healed? How many blind has he caused to see? How many lame have been made to walk? How many dead has he raised? Has He died and rose from the dead?

He has come back from the dead several times, and an fly! Thats more than Jesus did!

Prove his magic isnt real!!

Comment

All hear say and reputation my deluded friend.

My grandad spent some time in Haiti in the late 40's early 50's. He encountered many rumours of Witch Doctors using voodoo to bring people back to life/ heal etc. He saw a voodoo ceremony in which three men were "brought back from the other side" Later it has been revealed that these Witch Doctors capture and drug people. The drugs induce a state of deep sleep that disguises vital life signs and many of the local Haition doctors pronounce them dead.
                  Usually after a few days the drugs wear off and a well times ceromony makes the Witch doctors look magical. They do similar things with cats and dogs using drugs and also mind tricks. To the hundreds of people watching they have just witnessed a miracle and word of mouth spreads.

There have been lots of cases of phoney preachers in the states and UK that convince large audiences that they have healed people. Inreality they are using hypnosis to convince people they are healed. There are always gullible folks who believe in it and so it continues.

Comment

• Some say that most crucifixions take days for the people to die. Jesus was only up for a few hours. So maybe he just nodded off for a bit, and everyone thought he was dead.?

Plus i heard the word 'resurrection' could also be translated as 'resuscitation'; i.e. he wasnt dead.

Either that or he simply a messiah, the only begotten son of God sent here as a sacrifice to save mankind from everlasting doom in the fires of hell!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Pazuzu View Post
                      Some say that most crucifixions take days for the people to die. Jesus was only up for a few hours. So maybe he just nodded off for a bit, and everyone thought he was dead.?

Plus i heard the word 'resurrection' could also be translated as 'resuscitation'; i.e. he wasnt dead.

Either that or he simply a messiah, the only begotten son of God sent here as a sacrifice to save mankind from everlasting doom in the fires of hell!
                      Well I think the main part was he was thirsty. A soldier then held up a sponge soaked in vinegar to drink from. Sponges of the time were made differently than today and apparently when mixed with vinegar react to produce somthing similar to a general anisthetic. It wasn't long after the sponge that he apparently died, most likely it sent him into a sort of coma that he later awoke from.
                      You are right though it can take over a week to die on a cross, unless added measures like breaking legs are called upon, which from what I heard didn't happen. Religious fanatics in the east still crucify themselves every year around easter time, they stay on a cross for a day before being brought down alive.

Comment

Working...
                      X