This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
    they make you feel better about your self yes.........but its not a good deed its just something the lords expects of you.
    That's it you nailed it bro... For real:
    good deed=what the lord expect from you to do. They're exactly the same thing.

bad actions=what the lord doesn't expect you to do (what does not please the lord).

I know that the Bible says a lot about Israelites' wars and violence. But wars sometimes are necessary in this world. Just like fighting for territory in the Animal world: sometimes Animals kill each other to protect their own territory.
    But we are men: we are made at the image of God: we don't need to kill each other and we can rule the world in peace thanks to our superior intellect.

That's the basic difference between Old and New Testament: according to the Old Testament, sins had to be payed with death. But then Jesus came and got brutally tortured and killed just because he told the people that he was the son of God: he was killed for that reason: blasphemy.
    But those who killed Jesus, didn't think that actually we all are sons of God: God made us at his image, therefore we are his sons. That's what the Jews didn't accept. Nothing against that. But i believe in Jesus: he didn't respect anythig other than the law of Love and died to withstand that belief: Jesus' sacrifice pleased the Lord at the point that anyone that asks pardon to Jesus for his own sins will not only be saved from murder, but also from Hell (eternal damnation). Think about it, please: if someone would have made somethimg really bad to you, according to the Jewish laws or Muslim laws he could have been mutilated or killed: according to today's laws, if you pardon someone of the crime he did against you, the guy can be saved from prison or death penalty. And that thanks to Jesus who preached pardon instead of "eye for eye...". Think about the huge improvement that the whole human society made thanks to Jesus.
    Think about the luck that we have. But you must believe in him with all your heart.

Wars aren't necessary anymore because Jesus showed us all that we can live happy and in peace by following his rules: one man paid back for all humanity, by giving his own life for nothing but love: he was the greatest man that ever lived. It's just an incredible luck to have had a man like him in the history of humanity.
    Last edited by Nick Name; 02-02-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
      Wars aren't necessary anymore because Jesus showed us all that we can live happy and in peace by following his rules: one man paid back for all humanity, by giving his own life for nothing but love: he was the greatest man that ever lived. It's just an incredible luck to have had a man like him in the history of humanity.
      http://www.homecomers.org/mirror/

jesus isnt the only guy to have given his life for what he believed.

Comment

http://www.homecomers.org/mirror/

jesus isnt the only guy to have given his life for what he believed.
        Of course, but he was the first one to do it in such a wide and striking way.
        Lots of people have followed his example. He's really been a bless for humanity.

Atheists only like to focus on the evil things that people did in the name of God: think also to all the good that's been done in the name of Jesus.

Comment

What, producing nerdy signatures?
          Pwning you.

You can ask any priest or Theologist.
          Priests are complicit in a giant fraud and theologists are experts in "the unknowable". I don't consider a theologist's expertise to be any more valuable than that of a Star Trek expert.

That looks like a presumptuous answer.
          I was presuming, ****face.

That's one of the dumbest things you've wrote 'til now. I've read some of the Bible (not all, but some) and yes, good deeds do matter.
          I've read all of the bible, not some, all. Good deeds don't matter. That's what it says in the bible.

Wow, you've studied.
          Hence I know more about your religion than you do.

They do count. Think about the ten commendments: those count. You ****.
          Five minutes ago you said that the Old testament didn't count, now you're telling me to look up the ten commandments. So tell me: Where in the gospels will I find those commandments? Better yet, why don't you tell me what they are? Let's see if you can do it without looking it up.

And what's exactly that it says?
          Matthew 19 23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

In context this is stating that in order to enter the kingdom of heaven you must give up everything in your life and serve god and the more you have to give up the harder it is. Nothing to do with whores and thieves. Whores and thieves are addressed in the gospels however when jesus is challenged for hanging around them.

Mark 2 5 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

But I'm sure you knew that having read some of the bible. Right?

Sure... You know everything better than I do, Jessica.
          That is in ample evidence.

Most of them fantasies are metaphores to explain certain concepts.
          1. That's not what it says in the bible. Metaphors are abundant in the form of parables but these are clearly labeled.

2. What concept does the genocide of an entire city of people along with the kidnapping of virgin girls as rape-toys actually explain?

That's actually what it says in the Gospel: the sentence "Love Your Enemies" (Luke 6:27-36) goes logically against "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth": you turn the other cheek instead of giving back violence. Is that simple enough for you?
          I never said there were no contradictions in the bible. So you just cited the ten commandments while rejecting another part of old testament justice. Is the whole charade an exercise in picking and choosing?

"Lecturing"? Do you think I wanna "lecture" you... That sounds kinda weird... are you trying to lecture me, Squealpiggy?
          Whatever: the point is that if you don't follow Jesus' example, most probably you will go to hell. Or at least, if you don't repent yourself for your sins: and that is plain truth, dude.
          Serious question: When you were in elementary school did you go to a special classroom where there was a teaching assistant for every two children?

Lol what's that, autogenic training? Repeat 10 times: "I know it better than you do.", "I know it better than you do.", "I know it better than you do.", "I know it better than you do."... That way you can persuade yourself (or try to persuade the other users) that you've "won" this flame, or argument, or however you may call it: I don't need this. There's no winning or losing for me here, this is not a boxing match: it's just fun and talk. Killing some time, you know? I take no prizes for "winning" against you here, so what's the use of saying "I know it better than you do"? Where's the life in that sentence? What do you win for knowing better than me? Money? Pride? Pride is for losers, dignity is enough for the winners.
          Readers know what they are reading... You can't convince anyone that you know better. Not ever yourself. So... You better stick to the topic and produce arguments if you really wanna "teach me". Because I have no intentions to teach you or lecture you. But it seems that you have those kind of intentions...
          This looks like capitulation to me. "Hey bro, I'm just jokin around, no need to keep on pwning me.... we're BUDDEEZ! You know... playin..."

Oh and dude: don't chant to yourself "I know it better than you do"... Where's the f()ckin dignity in celebrating oneself?
          I know it better than you do. I like reality. I live here.

Comment

Of course, but he was the first one to do it in such a wide and striking way.
            Lots of people have followed his example. He's really been a bless for humanity.
            No he wasn't, think about Prometheus! Only he didn't really exist. What am I saying here?

Atheists only like to focus on the evil things that people did in the name of God: think also to all the good that's been done in the name of Jesus.
            Good men do good things, evil men do evil things. But for good men to do evil things, that takes religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Pwning you.
              "Pwning you" (12 year old youtube kids slang)... You mean "losing your precious time with a silly religious man"? Does this activity look particularly manly and gratifying to you? You wanna "wake me up from the giant fraud I live in"? If you're trying to convince me of how happy and gratifying your life is, you just failed badly. And don't tell me you don't need or you're not trying to convince me: your whole argument is just based on this **** you are throwing to me: "I know better... I'm happy... I'm this I'm that".
              What next? You'll start showing off your curriculum vitae? It almost looks like you're really just trying to convince me that you are happier, wittier, wiser than me instead of focusing on the topic itself.
              Well, if it's that... EPIC FAIL (to imitate your own youtube slang).

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Priests are complicit in a giant fraud and theologists are experts in "the unknowable". I don't consider a theologist's expertise to be any more valuable than that of a Star Trek expert.
              You are just biased against religion and believers: maybe you've had bad experiences in your childhood with priests or nuns or you had a strictly religious education from your parents... I don't know where your bias comes from but it seems to me like you don't really wanna know about religion: you just wanna "pwn" me for the sake of it, without accepting the possibility of God's existence. Talk about wasting your time: you just stop where the road begins and throw silly hating insults at religion, so every time we're stuck at the same point. At least I do it for Faith's sake: I'm earning my place in heaven. Why are you doing this argument for? Showing off your bias against religion?

I was presuming.
              That's what makes you presumptuous.

I've read all of the bible, not some, all. Good deeds don't matter. That's what it says in the bible.
              Try repenting yourself then.

Hence I know more about your religion than you do.
              But you know nothing about faith.

Five minutes ago you said that the Old testament didn't count, now you're telling me to look up the ten commandments. So tell me: Where in the gospels will I find those commandments? Better yet, why don't you tell me what they are? Let's see if you can do it without looking it up.
              F()ck you, I'm not your parrot pet: none of the commendmends go against the Gospels. Pathetic try to manipulate my sentences.

Matthew 19 23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven. 24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

In context this is stating that in order to enter the kingdom of heaven you must give up everything in your life and serve god and the more you have to give up the harder it is. Nothing to do with whores and thieves. Whores and thieves are addressed in the gospels however when jesus is challenged for hanging around them.

Mark 2 5 While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Pharisees saw him eating with the sinners and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and sinners?”
              Ever heard "So the last will be first, and the first will be last."? Matthew 20:16

You see it all in a negative way. You're so f()ckin sad and hateful you make me wanna fall asleep.

That is in ample evidence.
              In your ass there's ample evidence of **** transit.

1. That's not what it says in the bible. Metaphors are abundant in the form of parables but these are clearly labeled.
              Ok so they are legends. Happier now? geez, you're a truely heavy **** are you. Can you take the good things form the whole bunch? When you eat a chesnut, do you remove the husk or swallow it entire?
              2. What concept does the genocide of an entire city of people along with the kidnapping of virgin girls as rape-toys actually explain?
              Historical facts?... The violence of war?... I don't know, you tell me.

I never said there were no contradictions in the bible. So you just cited the ten commandments while rejecting another part of old testament justice. Is the whole charade an exercise in picking and choosing?
              The old testaments often just trascripts historical facts: there's no teaching or lecturing intention in those. Looks like you can't (or don't wanna) see any further than your own nose.

Serious question: When you were in elementary school did you go to a special classroom where there was a teaching assistant for every two children?
              Come on, this one was old before I was born.

This looks like capitulation to me. "Hey bro, I'm just jokin around, no need to keep on pwning me.... we're BUDDEEZ! You know... playin..."
              I'm not your buddy, buddy: you're just the next negative hating **** to me: I call you "buddy" but you're not my homie, you get it? Are you mistaking sarcasm for easy-going "friendship"? Where the f()ck do you come from, buddy?

I know it better than you do. I like reality. I live here.
              Oh boy, here we go again... Keeping up with your autogenous training?... Do you have lots of it left?

Think about it: you close most of your posts with this sentence you kinda repeat to yourself: "I know better, I know better, I know better..." You remind me of those beaten boxers who instead of going down at knockout punches, they try to stay up out of pride doing silly chicken dances: you ended up most of your posts in this section with a funny chicken dance.

Comment

• http://www.truthontheweb.org/nt10com.htm

the ten commandments and how they are referenced repeatidly in the new testimate.

Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
                "Pwning you" (12 year old youtube kids slang)... You mean "losing your precious time with a silly religious man"? Does this activity look particularly manly and gratifying to you? You wanna "wake me up from the giant fraud I live in"? If you're trying to convince me of how happy and gratifying your life is, you just failed badly. And don't tell me you don't need or you're not trying to convince me: your whole argument is just based on this **** you are throwing to me: "I know better... I'm happy... I'm this I'm that".

You are just biased against religion and believers: maybe you've had bad experiences in your childhood with priests or nuns or you had a strictly religious education from your parents... I don't know where your bias comes from but it seems to me like you don't really wanna know about religion: you just wanna "pwn" me for the sake of it, without accepting the possibility of God's existence. Talk about wasting your time: you just stop where the road begins and throw silly hating insults at religion, so every time we're stuck at the same point. At least I do it for Faith's sake: I'm earning my place in heaven. Why are you doing this argument for? Showing off your bias against religion?

That's what makes you presumptuous.

F()ck you, I'm not your parrot pet: none of the commendmends go against the Gospels. Pathetic try to manipulate my sentences.

You see it all in a negative way. You're so f()ckin sad and hateful you make me wanna fall asleep.

In your ass there's ample evidence of **** transit.

I'm not your buddy, buddy: you're just the next negative hating **** to me: I call you "buddy" but you're not my homie, you get it? Are you mistaking sarcasm for easy-going "friendship"? Where the f()ck do you come from, buddy?

Oh boy, here we go again... Keeping up with your autogenous training?... Do you have lots of it left?

Think about it: you close most of your posts with this sentence you kinda repeat to yourself: "I know better, I know better, I know better..." You remind me of those beaten boxers who instead of going down at knockout punches, they try to stay up out of pride doing silly chicken dances: you ended up most of your posts in this section with a funny chicken dance.
                43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mathew 5:43-44
                Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 02-03-2011, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Comment

http://www.truthontheweb.org/nt10com.htm

the ten commandments and how they are referenced repeatidly in the new testimate.

Mathew 5:43-44
                    ahah, lol BIG RIGHT HAND! AND THE DEVIL IS HURT! HE'S HURT!

Comment

ahah, lol BIG RIGHT HAND! AND THE DEVIL IS HURT! HE'S HURT!
                      it wasnt an attack....I wasnt trying to convince him that god is real and he should become christian....my goal was not to prove him wrong but only to assist in understanding, at best.

For what reward is there for loving those who love you? Do not the Gentiles do the same? But love those who hate you, and you shall not have an enemy. - the didache of the twelve apostles
                      really what is your goal in alluding to squealpiggy being the devil? do you just want to argue more? or is it that you just want to feel like youve won?

Comment

Working...
                      X