Game Franchises That Need To Die?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game Franchises That Need To Die?

Personally, my vote is with Saints Row.

Saints Row 2 had the perfect blend of crazy, yet it still made sense.

Saints Row 3 was whack, and 4 sucked warty dwarf c0ck. Super-powers? ****ing aliens?

FOH.

Also, CoD needs to go away.

Assassin's Creed
    Dead Rising
    Call of Duty

Even though I was a huge fan of the COD series, the past few games have sucked.. Last good game was Black Ops 2 imo.. I think Activision needs to get new developers cause Infinity Ward hasnt put out a good game since MW2 & Sledgehammer games havent put out a good game yet lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Blanco718 View Post
      Assassin's Creed
      Dead Rising
      Call of Duty

Even though I was a huge fan of the COD series, the past few games have sucked.. Last good game was Black Ops 2 imo.. I think Activision needs to get new developers cause Infinity Ward hasnt put out a good game since MW2 & Sledgehammer games havent put out a good game yet lol.
      Holy shiet, AC needs to die!!!

I remember playing and enjoying the first, mainly because Altair had a dope name. I then played the second. And that was that.

I can't ****ing believe how LONG that shiet has survived, even spawning an awful movie.

The COD I played was Modern Warfare. I liked it. But didn't feel the need to play anything in the franchise after that.

Comment

I'd personally say Gears of War and Halo. Microsoft really need to replace those franchises ASAP. Sony have destroyed them this generation with exclusives, it hasn't even been close and its looking to get worse.

Originally posted by Blanco718 View Post
        Assassin's Creed
        Dead Rising
        Call of Duty

Too right. The last CoD I bought was BLOPS 2. The next one looks the best since but still it's just played out now. It'd probably be cool to play for about a week but then it'd be deleted. MW2 was the high point of CoD but at the same time, the beginning of the end too.

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
        Holy shiet, AC needs to die!!!

I remember playing and enjoying the first, mainly because Altair had a dope name. I then played the second. And that was that.

I can't ****ing believe how LONG that shiet has survived, even spawning an awful movie.

The COD I played was Modern Warfare. I liked it. But didn't feel the need to play anything in the franchise after that.
        AC will sell well. The game aesthetically looks BEAUTIFUL, gameplay looks decent no idea about the story.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
          I'd personally say Gears of War and Halo. Microsoft really need to replace those franchises ASAP. Sony have destroyed them this generation with exclusives, it hasn't even been close and its looking to get worse.

Too right. The last CoD I bought was BLOPS 2. The next one looks the best since but still it's just played out now. It'd probably be cool to play for about a week but then it'd be deleted. MW2 was the high point of CoD but at the same time, the beginning of the end too.

AC will sell well. The game aesthetically looks BEAUTIFUL, gameplay looks decent no idea about the story.
          It will definitely sell well.

My issue with it is that they have to work so hard to milk it and come up with new stories to tell, all the while creating giant open worlds filled with hella fetch quests.

A small open world with well thought out quests> giant world with jack shiet.

Look at Watchdogs 2. You'd swear the Angel of Death swept through the game world before release.

Comment

It will definitely sell well.

My issue with it is that they have to work so hard to milk it and come up with new stories to tell, all the while creating giant open worlds filled with hella fetch quests.

A small open world with well thought out quests> giant world with jack shiet.

Look at Watchdogs 2. You'd swear the Angel of Death swept through the game world before release.
            Watchdogs completely screwed themselves over by providing false footage at E3. It was arguably one of the most hyped games for a number of years, stole the show at E3 that year....and then we find out that it's actually not going to look like that. I finished the first game but it was certainly not what I expected. Played like a **** GTA with the worst controls on a PC game that I have ever played on. No one gave a **** about the second game because of how awfully they did with the first.

Comment

Watchdogs completely screwed themselves over by providing false footage at E3. It was arguably one of the most hyped games for a number of years, stole the show at E3 that year....and then we find out that it's actually not going to look like that. I finished the first game but it was certainly not what I expected. Played like a **** GTA with the worst controls on a PC game that I have ever played on. No one gave a **** about the second game because of how awfully they did with the first.
              Couldn't agree more with everything you've written in this post.

Have you played Mad Max?

Comment

Couldn't agree more with everything you've written in this post.

Have you played Mad Max?
                Nope, was close to buying it on Steam Summer Sale but I just finished Shadow of Mordor and it seems VERY combat focused same as Mad Max. I wanted to play something a bit different. Seems extremely repetitive.

I still need to finish Uncharted 4 ffs I haven't got a PS4 of my own atm, my bro is always on it lol. I'm mainly a PC gamer, only use consoles for the PS4 exclusives.

Comment

Nope, was close to buying it on Steam Summer Sale but I just finished Shadow of Mordor and it seems VERY combat focused same as Mad Max. I wanted to play something a bit different. Seems extremely repetitive.

I still need to finish Uncharted 4 ffs I haven't got a PS4 of my own atm, my bro is always on it lol. I'm mainly a PC gamer, only use consoles for the PS4 exclusives.
                  Change mainly to exclusively, and that's me.

I look at exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn and I want to murder someone with a console, but then I just fire up Tyranny or something and get over it.

Have you tried out Hellblade?

I'm totally keen for it, but its only 8 hours long. I've taken dumps longer than that.

Comment

Change mainly to exclusively, and that's me.

I look at exclusives like Horizon Zero Dawn and I want to murder someone with a console, but then I just fire up Tyranny or something and get over it.

Have you tried out Hellblade?

I'm totally keen for it, but its only 8 hours long. I've taken dumps longer than that.
                    No, i've never heard of it until now tbh lol

I'm quite casual nowadays unfortunately, I used to spend a **** load of time gaming but the last year i've just been busy with work and don't really have the energy to get invested in anything.

The last games i've played are - Witcher 3 (all DLC/expansions included), Uncharted 4, Shadow of Mordor, Age of Empires 2, Players Unknown Battlegrounds and I fired up Counter-Strike 1.6 the other day for about 10 minutes. Quite varied but all top games imo. I followed Gamescomm loosely and it was ****ty, e3 this year was terrible too felt like a trailer fest, nothing that new in terms of games.

Comment

Working...
                    X