Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excited for Battlefield 1? Any fans of the franchise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    What is Battlefield 1!?

This sounds like a must buy!

Is it battlefield's version of COD's World at War? That's my favorite COD ever, I love FPS's with settings in the past.

So, when its comes to first person shooter genre, its between COD vs Battlefield series.

BF1 is quite expensive as it just came out, so if you are willing to dish out $80 or so bucks with the risk of: What if you don't like it?. Other than that its a great game, set in World War 1, they try their best to be realistic. So, I play as sniper, but how far I am & the type of rifle heavily affect the shot, so it isn't just like click and shoot and you get the kill.

I'd suggest playing Battlefield Hardline as you can find recycled versions as low as $15 bucks but its set in the modern world with the scenario of cops & robbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
      So, when its comes to first person shooter genre, its between COD vs Battlefield series.

BF1 is quite expensive as it just came out, so if you are willing to dish out $80 or so bucks with the risk of: What if you don't like it?. Other than that its a great game, set in World War 1, they try their best to be realistic. So, I play as sniper, but how far I am & the type of rifle heavily affect the shot, so it isn't just like click and shoot and you get the kill.

I'd suggest playing Battlefield Hardline as you can find recycled versions as low as $15 bucks but its set in the modern world with the scenario of cops & robbers.

Why wouldn't I like it?

The money isn't an issue so much.

I am a BIIIIG FPS shooter fan, I play every FPS I invest in with the intent to play competitively and be elibible for real tournaments (This is why I am playing Halo 5 right now but it's not going as planned, I played Halo 2 competitively but played COD and BF after that and the learning curve back is steep...)

But I am also a US Army vet and love realistic combat or law enforcement related FPS games and objectives, I am pretty good at bridging the gap between fantasy and real world experience so I am big on teamwork and using realistic tactics (big into Search and Destroy and one life game modes)

and also am into history a bit so this seems like a win/win.

I already love the Battlefield games, my two favorites so far being BF3 and BF Hardline, and like I mentioned before I was a huge World at War (COD) fan so I don't see how I wouldn't embrace this.

To tell the truth I genuinely missed the boat on that new counter strike game which I heard had competitive leagues, but then I saw this thread and did some research on the game and it looks spectacular!

Like I mentioned in the red dead redemption two thread, my dream is to come across a (really well done) western FPS game. To me that would be the pinnacle.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Why wouldn't I like it?

The money isn't an issue so much.

I am a BIIIIG FPS shooter fan, I play every FPS I invest in with the intent to play competitively and be elibible for real tournaments (This is why I am playing Halo 5 right now but it's not going as planned, I played Halo 2 competitively but played COD and BF after that and the learning curve back is steep...)

But I am also a US Army vet and love realistic combat or law enforcement related FPS games and objectives, I am pretty good at bridging the gap between fantasy and real world experience so I am big on teamwork and using realistic tactics (big into Search and Destroy and one life game modes)

and also am into history a bit so this seems like a win/win.

I already love the Battlefield games, my two favorites so far being BF3 and BF Hardline, and like I mentioned before I was a huge World at War (COD) fan so I don't see how I wouldn't embrace this.

To tell the truth I genuinely missed the boat on that new counter strike game which I heard had competitive leagues, but then I saw this thread and did some research on the game and it looks spectacular!

Like I mentioned in the red dead redemption two thread, my dream is to come across a (really well done) western FPS game. To me that would be the pinnacle.

Everybody is different. As a pro wrestling fan I never liked Stone Cold, I just didn't.

Well, given your enthusiasm about FPS you'll love it. Unlike COD you can use tanks, planes etc. The maps are bigger, more players, so you can't just run around COD style, it is more of a game imo cuz in COD its always "go, go, go".

Of course the graphics are just beautiful.

Comment

Everybody is different. As a pro wrestling fan I never liked Stone Cold, I just didn't.

Well, given your enthusiasm about FPS you'll love it. Unlike COD you can use tanks, planes etc. The maps are bigger, more players, so you can't just run around COD style, it is more of a game imo cuz in COD its always "go, go, go".

Of course the graphics are just beautiful.
          Already made up my mind man, I will be buying it on my next paycheck.

Or paycheque as you cats say it.

Can't wait!!!

Halo events never seem to land in my area anyway, closest I have seen is Las Vegas and I can't find a team to save my life so I can't keep my ranking as high as I wanted to.

I used to watch wrestling, stopped shortly after The Rock faced Hogan in what was one of the biggest matches at the time.

I kinda liked stone cold by my favorites were Hogan, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, and the guy with the sock and mask, forgot his name all of the sudden....

Comment

I'm thinking of buying it, do you guys recommend it?

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
              I'm thinking of buying it, do you guys recommend it?
              Do you play FPS normally or ever? Which ones?

Comment

Do you play FPS normally or ever? Which ones?
                To be honest, the last FPS i played was Turok and GoldenEye.

None of the others that came after have interested me, but this game (Battlefield) is beginning to arouse my....curiosity.

Comment

None of the others that came after have interested me, but this game (Battlefield) is beginning to arouse my....curiosity.
                  This Battlefield is probably the easiest to get in to other than Battlefield Hardline maybe but that's absolutely **** so don't even bother. It's dead online too.

I've played most of the top FPS games out since 2005 and Battlefield 1 is stellar.

Graphics are superb.
                  Optimised very well for PCs that are on minimum specs.
                  Gunplay is actually fun.
                  Not a million different weapons and mods like previous Battlefields.
                  Their anti-cheat seems to work pretty well, people are getting banned every game.
                  Excellent sound - Best sound i've heard in a game tbh. In terms of quality and direction.

Check out YouTube videos, if you like it, pick it up man. I'm having a great time playing it.

Things that it could improve on:

- More maps: Just feels like there are a lack of maps tbh. The maps are beautiful but there just needs to be more.
                  - Explain the different between guns more, rather than their history in game. Half the time, I can't even tell the difference between a number of weapons unless I youtube/google it or buy it.

They're going to be introducing some new modes like Hardcore mode which will be pretty fun. With new DLC (paid for unfortunately), they'll be introducing new maps and the French in the game too.

Comment

I just saw the walkthrough on YT, absolutely beautilful game. I might rent it and give it a shot.

Comment

That was a long time ago. I only ask because it is $80 bucks or so, therefore, it is quite an investment if you plan to just check out.

Renting as you say in your other post is definitely a way to go.

Comment

Working...
                      X