Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excited for Battlefield 1? Any fans of the franchise?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    This Battlefield is probably the easiest to get in to other than Battlefield Hardline maybe but that's absolutely **** so don't even bother. It's dead online too.

I've played most of the top FPS games out since 2005 and Battlefield 1 is stellar.

Graphics are superb.
    Optimised very well for PCs that are on minimum specs.
    Gunplay is actually fun.
    Not a million different weapons and mods like previous Battlefields.
    Their anti-cheat seems to work pretty well, people are getting banned every game.
    Excellent sound - Best sound i've heard in a game tbh. In terms of quality and direction.

Check out YouTube videos, if you like it, pick it up man. I'm having a great time playing it.

Things that it could improve on:

- More maps: Just feels like there are a lack of maps tbh. The maps are beautiful but there just needs to be more.
    - Explain the different between guns more, rather than their history in game. Half the time, I can't even tell the difference between a number of weapons unless I youtube/google it or buy it.

They're going to be introducing some new modes like Hardcore mode which will be pretty fun. With new DLC (paid for unfortunately), they'll be introducing new maps and the French in the game too.

Hardline is a great way for COD players to transition in to BF franchise. Some Youtuber made this point. I can agree to that but I absolutely hated all the maps except the city one, but I judge as someone who plays as sniper.

Good to know they'll introduce more maps. I hate how they have two desert ones. Especially the smaller one, can't stand it. Feels like COD again. I hate open maps, period because again, I snipe, so not a fan.

Comment

For someone with experience with both Battlefield and COD franchises, it makes me sick to see you guys trashing Hardline. I love that game and the only reason I don't play it anymore is because it literally is dead online, don't bother getting into a lobby for new maps, that's for sure. It's sad too because it's awesome and I was hoping it would take over the world. It's like playing a scene of the movie Training Day. Flat out awesome and realistic.

Comment

I love Battlefield as it focuses more on teamwork and playing the objectives.

COD seems to be just people running round focusing only on boosting their own k/d ratio.

Comment

I really like the Mle 1903 as my sidearm, cleans up messes really well:

Doesn't happen very often, but when I get to ride the Heavy Tank, it's such a great feeling getting multiple kills. Like here I got 7 or 8 just hanging around the "C" base, like fish in a barrel:

Any other fellow medics out there? The struggle is real. People skipping revives after you run out there risking your own life to revive them, only for them to skip just a second before you get there. Of course, little do they know, it makes NO DIFFERENCE if you skip or not, they will wait the exact same amount of time staring at the map, skipping doesn't help you play any faster so please, STOP SKIPPING AND LET MEDICS DO OUR JOBS lol. Here is a typical day in the life of a medic:

Comment

Didnt realise so many of you played Battlefield 1 tbh. Im 7th in the rankings for the UK on assault class and hover around #300 world. so if anyone wants to play, even US i dont mind coming over to your servers as my ping would only be around 90 then PM me and i'll add you on origin.

No console plebs lel.

Comment

original idea credit there but its just same old same at the core, it may as well be a MOD ie different look n weapons thats it
              Last edited by AlexKid; 03-03-2017, 03:47 AM.

Comment

Never been a fan of planes/tanks in FPS games. Just feel as though they are generally too overpowered, slow and a prone to abuse resulting in cheap and easy kills.

I've hardly been playing BF1 the past 2 months to be fair. I do think it's awfully optimised at the top end, mainly for Intel CPUs. There are hardly any maps. Now theres a new DLC coming out which looks decent but **** paying £30-40 for that. Thats the same price of a new game. I would be open to £10.

It just feels like it requires SO much effort when you are playing Operations/Conquest and/or as a medic. In all honestly, I mainly just play Hardcore TDM nowadays with a shotgun. It's definitely a good game and i'm glad I bought it but I miss how I could just put music on old CoDs in the background and own noobs. I'm hoping the new CoD coming out this year is going to be good.

Comment

I hope you console players have FOV sliders if not, i pray for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X