• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Xbox One X Project Scorpio pre-order is out of stock on:

Microsoft.com
    Amazon.com
    Amazon.co.uk
    Best Buy

Not too sure on Wal Mart it says get it by Dec 4th. (update: WalMart preorders out of stock)

Target still has, it says get it Nov 8 -13th.

So much for low sales, they're flying off the shelves so far.
    Until you know how many were actually shipped to retailers it's impossible to know if it's impressive or not.

Comment

Missed out on the "Scorpio" version as far as the preorders go. My Lenovo finally bit the dust during a Win10 update.

Looks like I won't be a first day guy, but I'll eventually get on one of those preorder lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Until you know how many were actually shipped to retailers it's impossible to know if it's impressive or not.
        Probably not much, they're limited edition. Only people who pre-order will get the "Project Scorpio" version.

But XB1X surpassed PS4 Pro on Amazon's best seller list, but i'm not sure how that's even calculated. PS4 Pro @ #90 , XB1X at #66. Also XB1X pre orders apparently sold out 25 minutes after going live on Amazon.

Microsoft also predicted that the inventory would last a week before selling out, everyone sold out in less than a day.

Comment

I don't expect the 1X to turn the tide in MS favor as far as over taking Sony in the console "wars", as far as this generation.

Competition is good for consumers though, and it would be nice to see the XBOX brand fight back after getting punched in the mouth this generation.

A lot of that is their own doing, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            I don't expect the 1X to turn the tide in MS favor as far as over taking Sony in the console "wars", as far as this generation.

Competition is good for consumers though, and it would be nice to see the XBOX brand fight back after getting punched in the mouth this generation.

A lot of that is their own doing, though.
            That must've been a typo, I think you meant 'after getting grabbed by the p*ssy this gen'.

Comment

That must've been a typo, I think you meant 'after getting grabbed by the p*ssy this gen'.

Well, the OG Xbox came out when probably the Michael Jordan of consoles was around in the PS2.

The 360 did pretty well, even with the RROD.

From what I see, this gen they came out the gate dumb as hell.

Sony did with the PS3, but made up on the big end.

Comment

Well, the OG Xbox came out when probably the Michael Jordan of consoles was around in the PS2.

The 360 did pretty well, even with the RROD.

From what I see, this gen they came out the gate dumb as hell.

Sony did with the PS3, but made up on the big end.
                XB1 failed miserably with that mandatory Kinect sensor that cost $100.

That's the equivalent of me working for a retail store like Best Buy and you want a $1300 4K TV and I tell you as an employee trying to get a bigger sale, 'okay but this TV comes with this $100 AudioQuest HDMI cable which comes out to $1400, I can not sell you the tv without it sir."

Comment

XB1 failed miserably with that mandatory Kinect sensor that cost $100.

That's the equivalent of me working for a retail store like Best Buy and you want a $1300 4K TV and I tell you as an employee trying to get a bigger sale, 'okay but this TV comes with this $100 AudioQuest HDMI cable which comes out to $1400, I can not sell you the tv without it sir."
                  Never got the Kinect deal.

Maybe trying to get in on what Nintendo had at the time.

Trying to force that, a higher price, and a less powerful console?

You can't hit that trifecta, and expect to grab a win over Sony on any front.

Globally, it will never be even, but at least not get blown out here in the States.

Comment

Never got the Kinect deal.

Maybe trying to get in on what Nintendo had at the time.

Trying to force that, a higher price, and a less powerful console?

You can't hit that trifecta, and expect to grab a win over Sony on any front.

Globally, it will never be even, but at least not get blown out here in the States.
                    Yeah.

I understand people's issues with the XB1X being $500 and bringing a 4K BR player. The way I see it though is that Microsoft is probably taking a loss with every sale of this unit.

My thoughts are that the XB1X is actually a bargain. If you look at the desktop equivalents of the xb1x, it's impossible to build a PC with the same power. If you are being fair and building a PC spec for spec vs the xb (barring the monitor), you are looking at a $1,000 dollar build or so. I just made the build picking the cheapest of every part necessary to replicate the xb1x (cheapest MB possible, cheapest power supply, etc) and the build was $1,054. That is an intel i3, 8gb GPU, 1tb, 4K BR drive PC, which is what the new xb is.

Comment

• Looks like the Scorpio edition is completely sold out.

I tried my luck this past Monday just walking into a Game stop and a Best Buy near me, and both were out.

Got to pick up a PC tomorrow, so I'll try my luck at couple more places for a "regular" version.

Comment

Working...
                      X