Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has been the most difficult game you have ever played?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has been the most difficult game you have ever played?

A lot of us here have been playing since the 90s, some of you probably the 80s or guys like Anorak since the 1800s, there's been a lot of difficult games to play during the decades that not even a strategy guide could really help you, only more and more practice and constant dying.

This thread was influenced because I unlocked a mode in Resident Evil Revelations 2 which is called Invisible mode and yeah you guessed it, the zombies/monsters are invisible

To make matters worse, any weapon you've unlocked or upgraded before in the game can not be used in this mode. It is not a traditional co-op game, so forget about calling up your friend to help you out online. Also, there's no choosing easy, medium, hard, very hard or anything like that, Invisible Mode comes naturally in the games hardest difficulty.

My vote goes to Resident Evil Revelations 2, Invisible Mode.

So what was the hardest game you ever played?

Pokerstars

Comment

I don't have the patience for overly difficult games anymore. I tried Dark Souls a while back but fck that for a laugh.

Paper Boy (C64) and Shadow of the Beast (Sega Megadrive) were two i raged over in my youth.

Comment

Pretty much all the games of the 80's/early 90's were stupid hard. Most of the time, it wasn't hard because you had to figure out some crazy riddle or whatever, it was the bull**** pattern guessing that you could only figure out through trial and error, and these games often only gave you 3 lives like Ghosts & Goblins or whatever, so you had to memorize every little thing and be absolutely perfect, which was nearly impossible. I remember some stupid game, it was the dumbest thing to advance to the last level - you had to walk to the next screen (side scroller game), then walk back to the previous screen, then go forward again and do this 17 times ! That was the only way to beat the level! Not some crazy boss fight, or insane enemies, just some ******ed move back and fourth 17 times then you can pass lol. C'mon! There was no hint that you had to do this, just the game developers way of making it "hard". Obviously this was pre-internet so you had to figure this out on your own.

I'm glad games aren't difficult like that anymore. It's more enjoyable playing a game to its end, especially now that games are so deep and rich with story, rather than getting stuck on a level, then quitting forever. But with that said, nowadays games hold your hand too much, often to the point where it feels like the game developers must think we are all ******s. Although I'm glad to see that's starting to change a bit in recent years and more and more games recognize the importance of a challenge.

But to give you an answer, Ghost & Goblins was the hardest game I can remember playing. Probably because I loved this game as a kid, but looking back I realize I never made it past like level 6 or whatever which is insane thinking about all the hours I played it. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was also a STUPID ****ING ***** OF A GAME THE GOD DAMN WATER LEVEL LOL **** THAT BULL****!!! Remember that crap?! Swim through here it's no problem Donatello!
        Last edited by ИATAS; 03-15-2016, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I had to look some games up to refresh my memory and what's crazy is pretty much every ****ing game was nearly impossible to beat! Kid Icarus? Yeah, impossible. I loved the Castlevania games as a kid, probably my favorite, but I'm positive I never beat Castlevania 2 or 3 (1 if I remember correctly was beatable). Fester’s Quest was stupid as hell, I remember never making it past like the second or third level. Ninja Gaiden, Mega Man, Contra (if you didn't cheat, yeah right), Wizards and Warriors, list goes on and on. Very few games kids in my generation actually beat!

Comment

Metal Gear Solid 2 on the highest difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              Metal Gear Solid 2 on the highest difficulty.
              Beer, what was your favorite three games growing up as a kid? You have five minutes to reply or I'll ban you. Go!

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Beer, what was your favorite three games growing up as a kid? You have five minutes to reply or I'll ban you. Go!
                007 Golden Eye
                Street Fighter Alpha 3
                Star Fox 64

Comment

No thread like this would be complete without Ghosts n Goblins. It's excruciatingly difficult. I love the game but certainly haven't come close to finishing it.

For me, probably Ghosts n Goblins, a bunch of 2d spaceship shooters like Ikaruga, or 2D fighting games like Street Fighter/its SNK rivals (on the competitive level). Just got SF5 and have been getting my ass handed to me online

Comment

I played in the 90s but I have never played any of the games you guys mentioned. Hardest game for me in the 90s was Mortal Kombat when you put it in expert mode or something like that. The AI would abuse me so bad, in the 90s that was the hardest game for me. But I wasn't a gamer like that.

Comment

Working...
                    X