No announcement yet.

Upcoming Survival Horror Games

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Survival Horror Games

I will post survival horror games in this thread.

(PS4 Indie)

Fixed: I mistakenly posted the gameplay for Dying Light again. Posted Outlast gameplay.

Outlast.

http://www.warpzoned.com/2013/10/5-i...dogs-money-on/

I don’t have a high-end PC. My computer can barely run Slender. So imagine my surprise when I found out that indie horror-fest Outlast is heading to the PS4. In Outlast, you play as a reporter who, acting on a tip, visits a former mental asylum to investigate the strange goings-ons that have been rumored to be happening in the decrepit building. Naturally, what’s inside the asylum ain’t fun

I love a good survival horror game, but lately many games forgo the “survival” aspect of the game by giving you overpowered weapons and a wealth of ammo. This is why I am so interested in Outlast. You have no weapons: your only option when faced with danger is to run and hide. That feeling of complete helplessness, hiding under a bed and seeing only a pair of legs slowly walking, searching for you, is truly terrifying. Check out some Let’s Play videos; Outlast is what survival horror is all about.
    Below video may contain spoilers since it's part one of an entire series of the full games gameplay.

Last edited by -Kev-; 11-12-2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

This one looks okay, nothing special but worth checking out.

Originally set to release for the Wii U, PS Vita, and mobile platforms, the horror title will also be coming to Sony's PS4. In Forgotten Memories, you play from the third-person perspective as you search an old, run down hospital in search of a missing girl. The gameplay seems reminiscent of classic horror titles like Resident Evil and Silent Hill with slow-paced exploration and light action, but will have the added element of managing multiple characters as you walk the dark corridors.
      Forgotten Memories

Comment

The Evil Within seems to be The Resident Evil 1 of survival horror games for next gen. Capcom better step their game up with RE7, because this game looks like what Resident Evil should be in next gen.

Shinji Mikami is upset that survival horror has become a fast-paced action-fest, and he's doing something about it. His next game, The Evil Within, is making a point to limit the player's abilitiies in an effort to make this horror game, well, horrifying. Whether or not it's able to keep you up at night, Detective Sebastian is certainly in for more than he can handle.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          This one looks okay, nothing special but worth checking out.

Forgotten Memories

Source is Gamesradar btw.

Comment

XBox One

Dead Rising 3 looks really fun.

Capcom Vancouver’s open-world zombie game is shaping up to be one of the Xbox One’s premier launch games. New protagonist Nick Ramos battles through even bigger hordes of zombies across a city that’s larger than the first two games combined. Vehicles play a more important role in the mayhem, and dense zombie packs will slow down rampaging cars. Some may groan at the thought of a new zombie game, but Dead Rising 3 looks like a blast.
            Gameinformer

Comment

Fatal Frame II: Crimson Butterflies has scared and haunted the bajeezus out of me. hands down the scariest game ive played. RE2 did that as well but nothing top fatal frame series.

Comment

I have high hopes for 'The Evil Within.'

Comment

DayZ is finally coming to consoles I think its exclusive to PS4 not sure though

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    DayZ is finally coming to consoles I think its exclusive to PS4 not sure though
                    I saw that while making this thread, but did not mention it because it looked like it is in its beta form? I hope the game visuals and mechanics aren't going to be what I am seeing on YouTube. You guys can post games that I missed out on. I saw this game that's supposedly really good but it's only for PC, it's called Amnesia.

Comment

Working...
                    X