Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most underrated console?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the contrary I think that the Dreamcast is massively overrated as people tend to rate it based on what they think it could have been rather than on what it actually was. The Dreamcast was an incremental improvement on the PSOne and was always going to suffer once the technologically superior PS2 and Xbox hit the market. When it came out it was the best console on the market. Once the PS2 was released it wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
      There were quite a few really great Gamecube titles : The RE remake, Zelda collection + Wind Waker & Twilight Princess, the MGS remake, Wrestlemania XIX, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Mario Kart : Double Dash, Paper Mario, RE4, and SSB.

You could also add Super Mario Sunshine to that list, but that really depends on your thoughts about the whole water pack thing. Personally, I felt it was ****. I could never really get into it because I was constantly having to refill the tank. Some fans loved it, though.
      Yeah true, mgs and resident evil remake were other games I enjoyed and Tony hawks 3 and a few others.

The lack of final fantasy and Gta was a real pain though, still I liked my gamecube, it was alright

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        On the contrary I think that the Dreamcast is massively overrated as people tend to rate it based on what they think it could have been rather than on what it actually was. The Dreamcast was an incremental improvement on the PSOne and was always going to suffer once the technologically superior PS2 and Xbox hit the market. When it came out it was the best console on the market. Once the PS2 was released it wasn't.
        Still, in it's short lifespan it had one of the most unique and eclectic game libraries a discerning gamer could ask for, and for the experience of playing online on a console for the first time ever, let me just say that 'Phantasy Star Online' >>>>>.

Comment

I still have my Dreamcast, awesome racing games on that there console.

Comment

'Tokyo Xtreme Racer' > All racing games before or after.

Comment

Dreamcast. The bad games it had was it's biggest downfall. Don't get me wrong, there were good games too. But too many bad games killed it.Also, it lacked DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Still, in it's short lifespan it had one of the most unique and eclectic game libraries a discerning gamer could ask for, and for the experience of playing online on a console for the first time ever, let me just say that 'Phantasy Star Online' >>>>>.
                Yeah I get that it was a good console when it came out, but it wasn't as good as the PS2 or Xbox in terms of its capabilities and I think that killed off the console more than the piracy issue.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Yeah I get that it was a good console when it came out, but it wasn't as good as the PS2 or Xbox in terms of its capabilities and I think that killed off the console more than the piracy issue.
                  PS2 and Dreamcast specs were very close compared to PS2 vs Gamecube and Xbox

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    PS2 and Dreamcast specs were very close compared to PS2 vs Gamecube and Xbox
                    But the PS2 was better.

Comment

Sega Saturn, some of the greatest and most unique games ever. I don't think the Dreamcast is underrated at all. It had a short lifespan in the spotlight but was popular for ages after, and the standard console for fighting games. It's rated quite highly by everyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X