Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Final Fantasy VII Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ff7 is one of the best pieces of media i've come across, taking of into consideration of course the subjectivity that came with being in grade school. that game changed my life.

the soundtrack is what i remember the best. that's how i am with a lot of videogames. f#cking all of the jams were bangin. as we speak i am trumpeting out red 13's theme.

Comment

It's definitely one of the better Final Fantasy games, and up through the Shinra headquarters part it's lumping amazing.

It really falters after that. Considering FF6, the absolute BEST Final Fantasy, came before it, I don't understand why 7 is so loved and revered and obsessed over. Has to be because of the graphics and new gamers.

Comment

What I loved about this game was...its expansive storyline, I mean it was huge! and very well written too. A very good character development, and that badass feeling of nostalgia when I replayed it. Those were the good times, when games were nnot just games, but epic adventures. Gaming has come a long way since then, and contrary to what 'The Bringer' says, they owe it to FFVII.

Comment

Even though I'm from the old school I won't hate on FFVII at all. It's honestly one of my favorite games despite its flaws. But anyone who didn't play it at or around the time of release and makes similar claims deserves to be spit on, because the mind-blowing innovation was an essential component of its appeal.

Comment

It was amazing when I played it as a kid, could never get into rpgs like that today though, not my thing anymore.

metal gear solid was probably the best game as far as being something more than a game. it was like playing in a movie, and the graphics were ****ing unreal for the time and the cutscenese though lengthy were awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
              It was amazing when I played it as a kid, could never get into rpgs like that today though, not my thing anymore.

metal gear solid was probably the best game as far as being something more than a game. it was like playing in a movie, and the graphics were ****ing unreal for the time and the cutscenese though lengthy were awesome.
              I don't know about other people, but the first Metal Gear Solid hasn't aged at all for me. It's every bit as amazing now as it was when I first played it.

Comment

I remember asking my mom to get this game for my birthday, I got it but for the PC. At the time I didn't know this was considered the ****tier version but regardless it quickly became my favorite game of all time. There is no game I played through more than FFVII, in fact I have bought every version of this game that became available, I bought it for the PSX (regualr and game of the year edition), bought it for both my psp and ps vita and celebrating Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary I re-bought it for the PC again. Still my all time favorite and play throught it at least twice a year, never gets old.

Comment

You know I too had a blinded love for the game, I played it so much and repeated it so many times from start to finish, it was crazy.

I do understand how overrated it is specially on the IGC(Internet Gaming Community) which swears by everything that FFVII is the greatest game of all time and that nothing comes close to it. Though the nostalgia factor and the fond memories of it makes it look like gold, there are tons of RPG's that go above it.

FFVI
                  Chrono Trigger
                  BOFII
                  VP

Just to mention a few. I love the game, I bought it when it came out for PC the first time even though it was buggy as hell and my computer could barely run it:

It got to a point where I figured out a simple combination of 2 materia on a connected slot was more than enough for 99% of boss battles, I didn't needed magic, summons or items to beat the bosses and difficult monsters.

GOAT? No.

One of my favorites of all time? Yes indeed

Comment

Loved it. I liked crisis core as well. At the end of the day chronotrigger is better.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post

yeah i was like 11 and i remember being in awe the entire time i was playing mgs, games back then didnt have that movie like feel. i also recall being sad like 2 days after i beat it cuz i got the ultra sad bad ending.

Comment

Working...
                      X