Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderlands 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to start playing BL2 again. I just started playing RE6, Chris' campaign, and was actually enjoying it. I still can't believe Capcom actually allows players to pick a chapter section they haven't even done before. I mean, what the hell where they thinking when they did that? Is there some kind of explanation out there as to why they would do such a ridiculously pussy-ass shit like that? You could have just entered a chapter, like chapter 2-1, and can pick chapter 2-4 without even doing chapters 2-1 through 2-3. So f-cking stupid.

But I don't want to make this an RE6 rant. I have yet to beat Crawmerax in the General Knoxx DLC. I always get him down to the last sh-t I have to shoot behind his shell but can never pull it off.

Beinger i'm still waiting on that modded gun you were talking about from BL1 that has a 6578398539604 damage. Do you even have a PS3 or are you an XBoxer?

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I have to start playing BL2 again. I just started playing RE6, Chris' campaign, and was actually enjoying it. I still can't believe Capcom actually allows players to pick a chapter section they haven't even done before. I mean, what the hell where they thinking when they did that? Is there some kind of explanation out there as to why they would do such a ridiculously pussy-ass shit like that? You could have just entered a chapter, like chapter 2-1, and can pick chapter 2-4 without even doing chapters 2-1 through 2-3. So f-cking stupid.

But I don't want to make this an RE6 rant. I have yet to beat Crawmerax in the General Knoxx DLC. I always get him down to the last sh-t I have to shoot behind his shell but can never pull it off.

Beinger i'm still waiting on that modded gun you were talking about from BL1 that has a 6578398539604 damage. Do you even have a PS3 or are you an XBoxer?
      I'm an Xbox player, Kev.

Well, with Borderlands, anyway. That's where I have the modded shotty at. I haven't tested it on Crawmerax yet because I've been too caught up on BL2, but I'm hoping it will one shot him since it does every other boss.

Maybe he'll be tough enough to take 2 shots.

Comment

• Well, it seems that my days of playing BL2 have come to a premature end, as I've become the victim of a lethal game-crashing glitch that Gearbox has yet to even acknowledge exists as a result of grinding my badass rank.

For anybody here who plays - Make sure you spend your badass tokens evenly. See, with my assassin build, I was focusing only on 10 specific stat bonuses. I ignored 4 on purpose so that I could focus solely on 10 so that everytime I'd get a token 1 of the 10 stats I was focusing on would be available to build.

Evidently Gerbox never envisioned that people would play this way, because the game freezes up constantly once you push those 10 stats past 12-14% and have the other 4 at 0%.

I tried deleting my characters to start over from scratch but apparently your badass rank is tied to your gamer profile, so I can't start over without deleting my entire gamer profile and losing all of my achievements and DLC.

I'm pretty bummed out about it. What pisses me off even more is the fact that Gearbox spends so much time nerf'ing items and creating patches that cater to whiney BL n00bs who think certain weapons are overpowered or certain enemies aren't tough enough, but they still won't even acknowledge the fact that there's a potentially lethal bug in their game that renders it unplayable for hardcore fans who grind their asses off to get a high badass rank.

There's a 257 page thread dedicated to this bug on their official forums where hundreds of people are b*tching about their game being ruined and not a single Gearbox employee has even posted in the thread to acknowledge it.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          Well, it seems that my days of playing BL2 have come to a premature end, as I've become the victim of a lethal game-crashing glitch that Gearbox has yet to even acknowledge exists as a result of grinding my badass rank.

For anybody here who plays - Make sure you spend your badass tokens evenly. See, with my assassin build, I was focusing only on 10 specific stat bonuses. I ignored 4 on purpose so that I could focus solely on 10 so that everytime I'd get a token 1 of the 10 stats I was focusing on would be available to build.

Evidently Gerbox never envisioned that people would play this way, because the game freezes up constantly once you push those 10 stats past 12-14% and have the other 4 at 0%.

I tried deleting my characters to start over from scratch but apparently your badass rank is tied to your gamer profile, so I can't start over without deleting my entire gamer profile and losing all of my achievements and DLC.

I'm pretty bummed out about it. What pisses me off even more is the fact that Gearbox spends so much time nerf'ing items and creating patches that cater to whiney BL n00bs who think certain weapons are overpowered or certain enemies aren't tough enough, but they still won't even acknowledge the fact that there's a potentially lethal bug in their game that renders it unplayable for hardcore fans who grind their asses off to get a high badass rank.

There's a 257 page thread dedicated to this bug on their official forums where hundreds of people are b*tching about their game being ruined and not a single Gearbox employee has even posted in the thread to acknowledge it.
          You ****ed up. You get more if you distribute the badass points evenly. You only get like 0.1% when you just level specific stats. So it's a total waste. Lower stats get a full 1% boost every badass token.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fury View Post
            You ****ed up. You get more if you distribute the badass points evenly. You only get like 0.1% when you just level specific stats. So it's a total waste. Lower stats get a full 1% boost every badass token.
            Only for the first token spent.

The first token put towards a stat gives you +1%, then it drops off to +0.7%, then +0.5%, then +0.3%, and finally +0.2%.

You can only get a plus 1 percent bonus once - The first time you put a token into any stat. After that it's all downhill pretty quickly and takes forever to go up 5%.

Comment

• Fixed the glitch myself.

All you have to do is invest enough tokens into your neglected stats and it evens itself out. Once I got my 4 neglected stats up to 8% any and all freezing immediately ceased. Kinda sucks because I deleted all of my characters trying to fix the bug, but the opportunity to start anew with a Gunzerker this time should prove to be a fun experience.

Comment

• Damn starting all over. I wish I had an excuse to start BL1 all over. Unfortunately I already beat it with every character, even the DLC. The only thing I gave up on was Crawmerax. I'm still at level 28 with the turret gun guy in BL2, I have yet to use the others. I'll get in to BL2 more seriously some day.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Damn starting all over. I wish I had an excuse to start BL1 all over. Unfortunately I already beat it with every character, even the DLC. The only thing I gave up on was Crawmerax. I'm still at level 28 with the turret gun guy in BL2, I have yet to use the others. I'll get in to BL2 more seriously some day.
                  Once you finish playthrough 2 the entire game really opens up for you. That's where I usually do my side missions (max level mission rewards), grind my badass rank by completing challenges, and farm for legendary weapons.

The DLC thus far has been amazingly good. I can't compare it to BL1 DLC because I still need to go back and finish that, but you're getting assloads of content for a really low price : I'm talking new player skins/heads for customization, new weapons, new storyline missions, new side missions, new raid bosses, new vehicles, new enemies, new locations - The works.

According to Gearbox the level cap is supposed to increase "before the end of March", so there's that to look forward to, too.

It's probably a good thing that you didn't invest a whole lot of time into it right off the bat, because once that level cap increase goes into effect all of my legendary weapons are going to be useless and I'm going to have to go back and farm for them all over again at higher levels. Which you would've had to do too, assuming you got addicted to it like crack like the rest of us did.

Did you finish RE6 yet? I read some of your posts a while back that implied you didn't like it as much now as you did when it came out?

Comment

• With RE6, I realized really late, that each character only gets 4 weapons for the entire campaign. A handgun, a shotgun, an assault rifle, and a sniper rifle. Only one of each. On top of this, there's no individually building up your weapon anymore like RE4 and RE5.

There's just the general Firepower skill that has 3 levels and it's for ALL guns, and then there's the critical hit, piercing, lock-on, rock steady, quick reload. These are all the gun related silks. There are other skills that are harder to unlock, you need to get a certain amount of kills with certain type of weapons. I have only unlocked the shotgun skill. The skills are called handgun master, shotgun master, grenade power up, magnum master, sniper rifle master and so on. This increase the damage done by that weapon. This is Capcom's sad attempt at giving us something to build up a gun individually. There's other skills that come in handy, Field Medic, Recovery, Melee, Combat Gauge Boost.

Okay you would think what's the problem then, who cares if it's just general skills for ALL weapons, it's better, less time consuming trying to build up one weapon. Okay first of all that was fun, trying to build up one weapon. At least to me it was fun. But that's not the problem, I would have tolerated, BUT stupid Capcom decided that you can only equip THREE skills at a time during gameplay. Three skills...there's 43 skills, and you can only equip 3 at a time.

Chris Redfield, has been doing this B.O.W. killing thing since 1996...it's 2013, he can't use more than 3 f-cking skills? Really? What is this an RPG game, Pokemon? Even in Pokemon you can at least use 4 moves which is still pathetic.

Basically, my beef is the lack of weapons for each character and you can only use 3 skills at a time. You use to have a sense of accomplishment when you actually leveled up everything in a gun. In my RE4-RE5 games, I have every gun maxed out in professional, with the infinite ammo unlocked for each of them. And i'm PROUD of that, it was not a waste of time, it was FUN doing it. In RE6, I can beat the game in No Hope difficulty and not even feel happy about it, cause once you beat it, there's really nothing else to do other than try to get the trophies and the emblems you missed, which isn't fun honestly. You can feel it in RE4-5, "If I beat this game in pro, i'm the man". I don't feel this way about RE6.

I'm enjoying the game, and i've put in some serious hours in it in the last week farming points, buying all the skills, and trying to unlock the ??? skills too. But i'm highly disappointed at the lack of weapons, and lack of unlockable weapons, and how Capcom did away with slowly powering up your weapons and actually thinking on what gun should you spend your money on and what to upgrade form that gun. The best thing to unlock in RE6 is infinite ammo. Man, that used to be a series regular, along with unlocking other cool stuff. Now it's the only thing worth unlocking.

Comment

• I went in on RE6

The gameplay is okay TBH, I have no beef with it. The story and gameplay are fine. The weapons and weapon mechanics suck. And RE6 gameplay is all about BOW's and weapons. So they ruined a large part of the series.

Comment

Working...
                      X