Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Next Gen console to get?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox all the way. MD, I know you know your **** about this stuff, but NEVER underestimate the corporate giant that is Microsoft. They can compete against whoever, whenever. Time will tell whether or not their improved search engine can beat google, but experts are saying it can, proving again: never underestimate MS.

Graphics wise, its not even close, PS3 will destroy xbox. SEVEN ****ING CORES!! unbelievable power the PS has. But at this point, seriously, who cares? Graphics are almost irrelavent at this point. But lets say that they are: Programmers are already bitching about how hard the PS3 will be to program for, while praising the ease of programming for the Xbox. This can definitely cause problems for the PS, but the only reason I'm thinking maybe this isn't so is because the same thing happened when the PS2 came out (programmers bitching, saying its impossible to program for), but they did fine with it.

Halo is another factor. When is Halo 3's release date? official response from MS: "whatever day the PS3 launches." That is some cold, calculated **** right there.

The only thing I completely agree with you on is the Blu ray. Sony ****ed up with betamax and they know it. They have every hollywood studio on board with the Bluray technology, whereas it looks like the HD DVD will fade out. And like you said, Xbox isnt even using that.

The counterpoint to that is, Sony has had ****up after ****up in the last few years. Thier ****ty mp3 players with their propietary format, their overpriced TVs that are no better (and some argue not as good as) than Samsung's or Toshiba's, and most recently, their TROJAN ****ING VIRUS they have embedded in their newer CDs that hackers have been exploiting as of late. A class action law suit was filed against them last week. People, including myself, are definitely getting sick of Sony and their bull**** products, although I'm trying not to be biased here.

Price is a huge factor. Sony still hasn't released the price of the PS. People like to game, but ****, I don't know too many people that will drop five bills on a gaming system.

And although the question was if they were released at the same time, the fact that xbox will have the experience curve going for them at that point. Honestly, simultaneous release, I would still go with the Xbox, because of the games I'm into (less into rpgs these days, love ninja gaiden, prefer the xbox controller).

But its definitely good to see some talk about the new systems. The correct answer to which one do you prefer is: whichever one is able to be modded first. games are too expensive to drop fifty a pop for. both have their ups and downs, it comes down to whichever type of games you prefer.

Thats my post. Its not as eloquent as 12 Gauge Shotty's, but hey...

Comment

im still gettin the xbox. cause i played it at wal-mart again and i was playin king kong and i was gettin ready to play and i was like when is the cut scene going to be over then i touched the controller and i was moving. i was like damnnnnnnnn those r good graphics if i thought it was a cut scene.

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...1740&ncid=1729

that should solve somethings

Comment

Originally posted by drez24
          Xbox all the way. MD, I know you know your **** about this stuff, but NEVER underestimate the corporate giant that is Microsoft. They can compete against whoever, whenever. Time will tell whether or not their improved search engine can beat google, but experts are saying it can, proving again: never underestimate MS.

Graphics wise, its not even close, PS3 will destroy xbox. SEVEN ****ING CORES!! unbelievable power the PS has. But at this point, seriously, who cares? Graphics are almost irrelavent at this point. But lets say that they are: Programmers are already bitching about how hard the PS3 will be to program for, while praising the ease of programming for the Xbox. This can definitely cause problems for the PS, but the only reason I'm thinking maybe this isn't so is because the same thing happened when the PS2 came out (programmers bitching, saying its impossible to program for), but they did fine with it.

Halo is another factor. When is Halo 3's release date? official response from MS: "whatever day the PS3 launches." That is some cold, calculated **** right there.

The only thing I completely agree with you on is the Blu ray. Sony ****ed up with betamax and they know it. They have every hollywood studio on board with the Bluray technology, whereas it looks like the HD DVD will fade out. And like you said, Xbox isnt even using that.

The counterpoint to that is, Sony has had ****up after ****up in the last few years. Thier ****ty mp3 players with their propietary format, their overpriced TVs that are no better (and some argue not as good as) than Samsung's or Toshiba's, and most recently, their TROJAN ****ING VIRUS they have embedded in their newer CDs that hackers have been exploiting as of late. A class action law suit was filed against them last week. People, including myself, are definitely getting sick of Sony and their bull**** products, although I'm trying not to be biased here.

Price is a huge factor. Sony still hasn't released the price of the PS. People like to game, but ****, I don't know too many people that will drop five bills on a gaming system.

And although the question was if they were released at the same time, the fact that xbox will have the experience curve going for them at that point. Honestly, simultaneous release, I would still go with the Xbox, because of the games I'm into (less into rpgs these days, love ninja gaiden, prefer the xbox controller).

But its definitely good to see some talk about the new systems. The correct answer to which one do you prefer is: whichever one is able to be modded first. games are too expensive to drop fifty a pop for. both have their ups and downs, it comes down to whichever type of games you prefer.

so which one are you getting? XBOX or Ps3?

Comment

Originally posted by Manny_P

sounds like xbox. since on the first sentence he said xbox all the way. and he's dissin sony pretty much

Comment

Originally posted by Manny_P
              Definitely Xbox, but not until the PS comes out. They will most likely drop the price, and I still have a ton of games to play on the original Xbox.

As far as Nintendo is concerned, on the one hand, I'm impressed that they are trying to do something different and actually trying to revolutionize the industry. On the other hand, the only reason they're doing that is because they're desperate. If they are banking on people downloading old school nintendo games they are screwed. But tehn again, they are screwed anyway because they still don't know how to read statistics: THE AVERAGE VIDEO GAMER IS 29! (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game ) As long as they keep marketing to kids, having small controllers, and banking on **** fads like pokemon, they are done. In fact, there are only 2 or 3 reasons to have a gamecube. The reason I have mine? Ikaruga. Hardest and coolest ****ing game ever. ( http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/act...ga/review.html )

Comment

Originally posted by drez24

ya know, the hardcore gamers, most of them will end up buying Xbox360 and PS3. But most of the rest will buy either one or the other I think. With gas like it has been and natural gas at an all time high, I wouldn't be surprised if Xbox360 doesn't sell like they're expecting. Maybe it'll surpass it, you can never really tell. They've at least had a huge f'n ad campaign, so people know about it, that's impossible not to know about it.

I think a lot of people might be like "well ****, I just bought an Xbox or PS2 2-3 years ago. Now there's this new machine for $400+? **** that, the kids can keep their Xbox or PS2 for a while longer."

I know I'm in no rush to buy a PS3 even though I'll definitely get one. Even if I got convinced to buy the 360, I'm definitely getting the PS3. For one thing, PS3 will play import games with no modding needed.

I was one of the people that actually got a modded PS2 to play import games only and not copied games. I never had a copied game actually. Mainly cause I didn't want to switch it out every time to play it, which yeah that's not THAT big of a deal, but yeah. I mainly buy games on Ebay for $30 or less unless I'm just dying to have them. San Andreas, Fight Night, Res Evil 4, and The Warriors are the only US games I bought at time of release.

I just hope the PS3 plays Japanese PS2 games, but I seriously doubt that it will. If it does that'll kick ass b/c then all you can get Victorious Boxers 2 and finally see why I say it MURDERS the Fight Night games. You can talk about it all day, but until you actually play it and get fairly good at it, you just can't understand how good it is. Best simulation boxing game, period. Period. Fight Night isn't even close. Fight Night has parrying, that's all it has that is even as good as VB2.

Comment

I'ma get myself the Revolution since I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the cheapest out of the 3. Nintendo is gonna rock cause Nintendo has always been a true to the gamers type of company. Fun for almost everyone, and it's gonna have 20 yrs of backwards compatibility.

Take the PSP and the DS for example. Almost all of the worth playing games on the PSP are watered down ports from the PS2. DS on the otherhand, while it has ****ty 3d graphics, has come out with some new games that are innovative and fun. That's what nintendo does. I could honestly do without the 3d, 2d is just fine for me. I love that old school look. Sure nintendo isn't gonna have alot of gory games but damn take a look at RE4. There's still some promise in nintendo.

Them other 2 are awesome but they cost way too much and I'm probably not gonna be playing all that much once I'm outta highschool. Xbox and the 360 is gonna be for them hardcore gamers. Nintendo is gonna appeal to the casual gamer.

Comment

Originally posted by Out Cold
                    I'ma get myself the Revolution since I'm pretty sure it's gonna be the cheapest out of the 3. Nintendo is gonna rock cause Nintendo has always been a true to the gamers type of company. Fun for almost everyone, and it's gonna have 20 yrs of backwards compatibility.

Take the PSP and the DS for example. Almost all of the worth playing games on the PSP are watered down ports from the PS2. DS on the otherhand, while it has ****ty 3d graphics, has come out with some new games that are innovative and fun. That's what nintendo does. I could honestly do without the 3d, 2d is just fine for me. I love that old school look. Sure nintendo isn't gonna have alot of gory games but damn take a look at RE4. There's still some promise in nintendo.

Them other 2 are awesome but they cost way too much and I'm probably not gonna be playing all that much once I'm outta highschool. Xbox and the 360 is gonna be for them hardcore gamers. Nintendo is gonna appeal to the casual gamer.
                    I have to disagree. Nintendo doesn't appeal to the casual gamer. I always hear that, but quite frankly its bull****. They appeal to kids more than the average gamer or the hardcore gamer. Nintendo has no new games at all that would make me even consider buying the Revolution. Now, offering the whole Nintendo library is pretty damn good, but there are decent enough emulators out there which makes me still unlikely to buy the Revolution for a while.

Nintendo has survived for years with inferior products. Never has Nintendo had the best video game product out. The Sega Master System was superior to the NES, but the NES had the support and the bigger selection of titles. And look how long the original gameboy lasted, even after the Game Gear came out.

Nintendo has made some good games, but I wouldn't call them great or anything. The only game I had any interest in playing for the GameCube was Resident Evil, but now that its on PS2, I don't need it.

Still, I hope Nintendo stays around b/c I'm all for competition. That's what makes the other game companies have to keep trying.

Comment

My 6 year old wants a nintendo. I keep telling him that PS3 is comming out soon. Whatever advertising nintendo is doing, it works on the younger kids.
                      Im not looking foward to the cost of PS3, I even heard a rumor that it wont be backwards compatible, maybe thats true I havent had the urge to really check into it. If thats the case I will definatly wait a while before buying one. Like the first time the price drops, (right before next x-mas.)

Comment

Working...
                      X