Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Ati cards always have driver isssues with games?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do Ati cards always have driver isssues with games?

I'm playing Rage without any problems, yet people with Ati cards keep talking about pop-ups and other crazy crap. Why do people stick with Ati when Ati is known to have driver problems with games? Nvidia while maybe a little more expensive doesn't really have any driver issues from any game I've ever played, plus it has physx features which is a cool thing that Ati does not do. Also, with the newer Nvidia cards like mine it has Cuda or some **** on it thats suppose to be great for some softwares.

My graphics card is the gtx 470 1280mb card, and I haven't ran into any issues into any pc games except bad ported pc games like Saints Row 2(I heard Saints Row 3 is suppose to be great).

I have an ATI card and I have no problems, but I do download the latest drivers when they become available.

Comment

I started having issues with my ATI card after downloading the latest drivers ...took me days of searching online to discover that the solution was to go back 05/04/2011 driver after reading how people had no issues with it...I have the ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT card. It's often the updates that cause the problems with ATI.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
        I'm playing Rage without any problems, yet people with Ati cards keep talking about pop-ups and other crazy crap. Why do people stick with Ati when Ati is known to have driver problems with games? Nvidia while maybe a little more expensive doesn't really have any driver issues from any game I've ever played, plus it has physx features which is a cool thing that Ati does not do. Also, with the newer Nvidia cards like mine it has Cuda or some **** on it thats suppose to be great for some softwares.

My graphics card is the gtx 470 1280mb card, and I haven't ran into any issues into any pc games except bad ported pc games like Saints Row 2(I heard Saints Row 3 is suppose to be great).
        Another thread having a go at people who are using different gaming equipment than your own?

Comment

I am playing it in my nvidia geforce 570 gtx, the game runs smooth, but hell the textures loading on my screen all the time. Hopefully there will be a patch or a driver for that.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
            Another thread having a go at people who are using different gaming equipment than your own?
            Why are you even on this website? You're more on the lounge section then you are on the boxing section. You seem like a troll. My topic is directed at the ppl complaining about having graphics errors in games.

Comment

Originally posted by LegendOfLink View Post
              Why are you even on this website? You're more on the lounge section then you are on the boxing section. You seem like a troll. My topic is directed at the ppl complaining about having graphics errors in games.
              Have you ever read NSB? Yeah, that's why I'm not on there.

Anyway you were telling us why your choice of graphics card makes you a superior human being...

Comment

my nvidia card needed to be updated for bf3 beta so i installed the latest software and when i ran the game it said that i had to install the latest drivers and i already had them installed but i was still able to run the game oh yeah i got gtx 460 sli and then some dude put on youtube that the new drivers made his card slow so he uninstalled those drivers and it was fine, i did the same and noticed a slight difference

Comment

Nvidia has always had better core drivers than ATi, even though ATi usually has better fixes and optimizations. Has been like that ever since ATi started to enter the premium market. I started with 9800pro (the legendary vid card), had the same problems back then like I have now. I thin it's also based on how the game is made. Some directx optimizations work better on some card than other.

Comment

Working...
                  X