No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ROYistheGOAT View Post
    Im just messing. But i played the demo to re6 and it was pretty good, the reviews are all over the place though. I have never seen a big release that has gotten this kind of reception. This game is the equivalent of cabin in the woods in terms of reviews and reception.
    The friend i'm talking about has a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, N64, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, and PS3, with a bunch of games for each. He has over 25 PS3 games. But he only follows those 3 series I said.

I've never seen Cabin in the Woods.

Comment

• Kev, check your PM.

Bringer that's hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
        It's teh most overrated piece of crap ever.
        It's overdone.

Call of Duty 1, 2 , 3, Call of Duty Modern Warefare 1, 2, 3, Call of Duty Black Ops 1, and next 2.

Comment

• On the other side of things, here's a "completely objective" review from a RE fanboy who admits to not even having played the demo, yet goes on to give the game a 95 out of 100.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/10/04/my...other-reviews/

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Interview with producer Yoshiaki Hirabayashi where he responds to the backlash from fans about 'Resident Evil 6' and the series' departure from it's roots, where he openly admits to the devolpment team's desire to make 'Resident Evil' appeal to a mass (AKA - ******ed) audience.

http://www.gameranx.com/features/id/...rvival-horror/

Digital Times article which touches on RE6's appeal to idiots.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/article...diots-fans.htm
            Openly admitting to
            They are so full of sh**. Survival horror can't appeal to a large audience, do they really believe that?

Comment

• I saw someone say this somewhere else, and now I can't see anything else. Doesn't the logo look a giraffe getting a *******?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I saw someone say this somewhere else, and now I can't see anything else. Doesn't the logo look a giraffe getting a *******?

Now that you mention it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  They are so full of sh**. Survival horror can't appeal to a large audience, do they really believe that?
                  Of course not, that's just their weak justification for ruining the franchise. If survival horror can't sell then how the hell did series like Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Alone in the Dark, and Resident Evil itself manage to move so many ****ing units? (not to mention inspire an entire generation of knock-offs.)

These dudes are acting like it's an outdated genre like a "beat em 'up" from the 80s or something.

The truth is just that they're looking to make the games appeal to as many gamers as possible by cross-breeding (polluting) it with a bunch of watered down action titles so as to sell as many copies possible to make money. Of course, I realize your question was hypothetical in nature, but I won't pass on an opportunity to piss on their game or it's sellout developers anytime soon.

The thing that bothers me most about the game itself aside from the fact that it's a shameful bastardization of a franchise near and dear to so many is the utter lack of innovation. Okay, so you want to make an action game instead of a survival horror - Weak, but okay. At least do something that make your action game stand out.

For Christ's sake these guys had 800 people working on this ****ing game and a budget that would make Mitt Romney blush and they still couldn't manage to bring anything new to the table. They just ripped off a bunch of sequences and gameplay mechanics from games that have existed for years.

Quick time events? They've been around since video games on laserdisc in the 1980s, but were popularized by SEGA's 'Shenmue' in 1999 - almost 14 ****ing years ago.

Then there are the lame set pieces which are largely spectacle with limited player control - clearly derived from big budget Hollywood films like 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and, in the video game realm, clearly lifted from the 'Modern Warfare' and 'Uncharted' series over half a decade ago.

I could go on and on about the outdated controls, the lack of conservation in the new inventory system, the way they took one of the system's easiest user interfaces in healing yourself and turned it into a convoluted mess, the boss battles being indistinguished and forgettable, how ******ed Jake's story is, the way you can just knife your way through the entire game with relative ease (in previous RE games you could do this as well, but it was difficult as hell and only for the most hardcore of fans), etc, etc, etc....

'Dead Rising' is a far more innovative, fast paced, fun filled Capcom zombie romp than RE6, and it came out over 7 years ago.

Comment

• What made the first Res Evils great was the "survival" part of the game. Not wanting to use your ammo because you don't know what's around the corner, having to find a type writer and ribbons to save the game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      What made the first Res Evils great was the "survival" part of the game. Not wanting to use your ammo because you don't know what's around the corner, having to find a type writer and ribbons to save the game.
                      Yeah but a lot of people say Dead Space is boring and dull. Dead Space is as survival horror as you can get. Dead Space 1 and 2 is basically RE1-RE3.

Dead Space sales, despite being a great survival horror series[I own both 1 and 2], has sold 2million copies, Dead Space 2 has sold like 3 million, for a total of 5milion copies for two games. Resident Evil 5 sold more than 5 million copies by itself. You can talk about "the name" all you want, but Dead Space is very popular and had it's fair share of commercials.

This is what the makers of Dead Space had to say about Dead Space 3:

“In general, we’re thinking about how we make this a more broadly appealing franchise, because ultimately you need to get to audience sizes of around five million to really continue to invest in an IP like Dead Space,” he told CVG in a recent interview.

“Anything less than that and it becomes quite difficult financially given how expensive it is to make games and market them,” he continued. While firm sales numbers are not readily available, EA did say back in February that Dead Space 2 was selling about twice as well as the franchise’s first entry had. Yet, even given that, they feel that Dead Space 3 needs to be more “broadly appealing” without alienating current fans of the series.

Dead Space 3 is set for a 2013 release, and sounds to be leaning toward more toward the action genre than its predecessors. Only time will tell if, and to what extent, that shift compromises the horror elements that current fans of the series enjoy.
                      "they feel that Dead Space 3 needs to be more “broadly appealing” without alienating current fans of the series"

Sound familiar?

"Dead Space 3 is set for a 2013 release, and sounds to be leaning more toward the action genre"

Sounds even more familiar?

These games are expensive to make, game companies can't rely on the 1-3million fans that buy these games. They need to appeal to more fans, yes Bringer, "The ******ed people".

Watch, by Dead Space 5 if it gets to that point, Dead Space will be Survival Horror, Action, Shooter, instead of Survival Horror Shooter. It's going to experience the same thing RE is going through. Just like the reason RE had to completely change the series after RE3[which has sold 3.5Million copies worldwide], Dead Space 3 is going to have to do the same thing and make it's games more action like.

Comment

Working...
                      X