No announcement yet.

Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Effect 3 or Skyrim?

If you could only choose one to play which of the two would you chose? You couldn't see, hear or watch anything about the other game you didn't chose.
    Mass Effect 3
    30.00%
    Skyrim
    70.00%

ME3 easy. Never played an ES game.

Comment

It's a hard choice but i'll pick Skyrim based on the fact ME:3 will probably have 10-12 hours of gameplay and Skyrim will probably have 50+

Comment

This game is amazing and the story line, voice acting, graphics and overall game play are all impressive. This game is ahead of its time, dont miss it. I bought this game having previously played Mass Effect 1 and was completely expecting something great.

Comment

Mass Effect series is outta control, but Elder Scrolls dookies on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big BRICKS View Post
            Mass Effect series is outta control, but Elder Scrolls dookies on it.
            No it doesn't. No game dookies on Mass Effect. They're maybe better games but no game dookies on ME.

Comment

Originally posted by gatagata View Post
              No it doesn't. No game dookies on Mass Effect. They're maybe better games but no game dookies on ME.
              Elder Scrolls series does indeed dookie on ME as far as RPG series go, I can think of a few that do. Doesn't mean it's not a badass series, I enjoy ME as much as the next guy but what ES has done for western RPGs is insurmountable, no matter how awesome Mass Effect is.

Comment

TES games are fully immersive open world RPG games you could spend 100+ hours on Oblivion and you still wouldn’t have completed all of the quests. Developers say Skyrim will be of equal size to Oblivion so it will undoubtedly offer the gamer more game time for his money. Not to mention the great replay value that TES games bring to the table for example playing a Thief,Mage,Warrior or any combination of the 3 all offer varied game play couple that with being a Evil,Good or neutral you get even more replay value.

M.E to me is an action/shooter game with some mild role playing elements, the story is set out in front of you, you are given a character and the dialogue choices for me seemed really aimed at the casual gamer. I would select something to say but Sheppard would say something totally different to what was listed on the wheel. I couldn’t complete either ME1 or 2 (out of sheer disappointment and frustration with the games)

All in all ME is a dumbed-down version of an RPG (more of a shooter) aimed at the casual fan.

Whereas Skyrim is a full Role playing game that will offer 100+ hours of game play.
                Last edited by -Lowkey-; 05-30-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

I don't know why all of you say that TES is a better RPG. This ain't about which is better RPG but which is better game. And as you say ME isn't really an RPG as much as it is a shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by MCCCXXXIII View Post
                    TES games are fully immersive open world RPG games you could spend 100+ hours on Oblivion and you still wouldn’t have completed all of the quests. Developers say Skyrim will be of equal size to Oblivion so it will undoubtedly offer the gamer more game time for his money. Not to mention the great replay value that TES games bring to the table for example playing a Thief,Mage,Warrior or any combination of the 3 all offer varied game play couple that with being a Evil,Good or neutral you get even more replay value.

M.E to me is an action/shooter game with some mild role playing elements, the story is set out in front of you, you are given a character and the dialogue choices for me seemed really aimed at the casual gamer. I would select something to say but Sheppard would say something totally different to what was listed on the wheel. I couldn’t complete either ME1 or 2 (out of sheer disappointment and frustration with the games)

All in all ME is a dumbed-down version of an RPG (more of a shooter) aimed at the casual fan.

Whereas Skyrim is a full Role playing game that will offer 100+ hours of game play.
                    I sort of agree..

But no other company can make a story and character development flow together quite like Bioware (with the exception of that mediocre Dragon Age 2 game) The ME story is intense and you really get to know your crew on a personal note even if it's a dumbed down RPG.

I love Elder scrolls series but they do sacrifice deep relations and a intense story for more quests and and a huge but sort of superficial world.
                    The main quest in oblivion was very slow pace and repetitive, with all the oblivion gates and generic dungeons.. But despite that I've spent HUNDRED of hours with the game cuz you won't find a game that gives you the amount of locations and complete freedom quite like a Bethesda RPG.

Comment

Working...
                    X