Collapse
No announcement yet.

MASS EFFECT 3 |PC/360/PS3| Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did anyone get The Arrival Dlc? I did everything there is to do on ME2 but I didn't still have it when the new dlc dropped. I guess it's a prologue to ME3.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
      Did anyone get The Arrival Dlc? I did everything there is to do on ME2 but I didn't still have it when the new dlc dropped. I guess it's a prologue to ME3.
      That's pretty much all it is... and hour of Mass Effect and a little prologue.

Comment

New Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post

New Trailer
          Looked a bit stiff

That being said, it looks like we got Garrus and Liara back. a new type of heavy mech plus grenades for the first time!

Comment

ign

PAX: It's Official, Female Shepard Is a Redhead

The final colour of default FemShep's locks decided by fan vote.

The new default female Shepard model in Mass Effect 3 has been decided thanks to voting by Mass Effect fans on Facebook, and she's a redhead.

Check out BioWare TV to watch the reveal filmed from PAX, which was hosted by FemShep voice actress Jennifer Hale.

Redheaded Shepard, who will be gracing the cover of the Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition, won with a landslide. Her 19,576 votes were nearly quadruple the votes for the blonde version that won the first round of the voting process.

Comment

I dunno how a atmospheric, story driven RPG turned into a Gears of War clone.

Why oh why can't they just go back to the Mass Effect 1 formula.

Comment

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed
                Fancy saving the universe with your friends?

Mass Effect 3 will have multiplayer.

The announcement comes via the Australian games magazine PC PowerPlay.

In a preview of its November's issue its website says, "That's right - Mass Effect 3 is getting multiplayer! We travel to BioWare's office in Edmonton for hands-on time with the series' first foray into online gameplay, and chat with Mass Effect Series Producer and Mass Effect 3 Project Director Casey Hudson about the decision to go multiplayer in the epic battle for the galaxy."

Recently IGN reported that Mass Effect 3 was to get a "killer new feature", with a South African advertisement listing an "online multiplayer pass" as one of the features of the Collectors Edition.

While the coverline "Fight alongside your friends as the galaxy goes to war!" suggests some form of co-op, no futher details have yet been released.

So while no great surprise, what do you think about multiplayer officially coming to the Mass Effect universe?

_

lame, will pass on multi.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
                  I dunno how a atmospheric, story driven RPG turned into a Gears of War clone.

Why oh why can't they just go back to the Mass Effect 1 formula.
                  The main thrust of ME is the story, dialogue and exploration. The combat was a bit wank in the first one and they have improved upon it to make Sheppard control more like an elite warrior. It isn't a Gears clone, nothing like it.

Comment

BioWare Details Mass Effect 3 Co-Op
                    "It is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone."

Earlier today we learned about Mass Effect 3's new cooperative multiplayer, and BioWare has now provided the first details.

In a new post on the BioWare forums, community coordinator Chris Priestly described what players can expect from the new mode.

According to Priestly, "players can choose from a variety of classes and races, form an elite Special Forces squad, and combine their weapons, powers and abilities to devastating effect as they fight together to liberate key territories from enemy control."

Priestly also revealed that co-op missions will affect the single player campaign, having a "direct impact" and "giving players an alternative method of achieving ultimate victory."

This "alternative method" appears to be called "Mass Effect 3: Galaxy At War," a new system that will allow gamers to alter a Galactic Readiness level that gauges the player's level of preparation for the game's final battle.

Priestly wrote that "players can impact their game's Galactic Readiness level in multiple ways via the Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War system, including multiplayer. Other platforms and interfaces will be announced in the coming months."

Most importantly, Priestly added that these cooperative modes will be completely optional, and that the full experience is still available in single-player mode.

"It is important to note that the system is entirely optional and just another way players can have control over your game experience," Priestly wrote. "It is still possible to achieve the optimal, complete ending of the game in Mass Effect 3 through single-player alone."

Priestly confirmed that the game's multiplayer will be limited to cooperative play and will not include competitive multiplayer. He added that the co-op modes were developed by a team that was completely separate from those who developed the single-player campaign.

Finally, it was revealed that co-op will not feature existing players, and that instead "players will create custom characters to fight on different and unique fronts in the war. This will include the ability to play as favorites like Turians, Krogans, Asari and more…each with their own unique set of abilities." These characters will level up and be able to upgrade weapons during the course of co-op play.

Mass Effect 3 is set to hit stores on March 6, 2012.

Comment

Mass Effect 3 Beta Leaks to Xbox Live
                      Private beta mistakenly made public.

UPDATE: BioWare has responded to the leak on its official forums. BioWare's Jesse Houston wrote the following:

"As most of you know by now, this evening an accidental leak occurred of some early Mass Effect 3 beta code. Microsoft has advised us that through human error at their end, content which was meant for internal beta testing was flagged incorrectly and released to individuals who had signed up for the beta of the Xbox Live dashboard update. It has since been taken down and deactivated.

We'd like to stress that the leaked code is in a rough, unfinished state and was not meant for public release. The content is not final, and is not reflective of the quality of the finished, polished game due for release on March 6, 2012 (March 9 in Europe).

One feature that was present in this early build is a set of game play modes that are in development. In the beta code they are referred to as "action mode", "story mode" and "RPG mode". We want to stress that these features are still in the early stages of development and will receive considerable iteration and refinement. These modes are designed to give players an even finer degree of control over their game experience than ever before. Whether it be someone who finds the combat difficult but wants to experience the amazing story, someone who wants to focus on the action and combat game play, or fans who want the rich, story-driven RPG Mass Effect experience they've come to love – Mass Effect 3 will support all of these options. We'll have more info in the days ahead!"
                      Original story follows:

A closed beta for Mass Effect 3 was mistakenly made public on Xbox Live today. The beta was available for a short time as a 1.8 GB download and featured both single-player and multiplayer modes.

The download is no longer available, but some players were able to access gameplay sections and cutscenes, as well as in-game menus revealing Origin integration, game options and character selection screens.

Users on the NeoGAF forums were able to capture both screenshots and video of the various modes, including character creation and Galaxy at War. The content appears to have been mostly similar to the modes we saw in September, though the beta was missing some sound effects and textures that will appear in the finished game.

The download is likely the same as the demo that BioWare detailed last month. An official release date for the multiplayer beta has still not been revealed, though the single player demo is scheduled to be released in January.

Comment

Working...
                      X